Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Dayton Flyers

Re: 2013-2014 Dayton Flyers

Ranked #25 in today's AP poll, #31 in the coaches poll, 26 votes amongst those in the "others recieving votes" catagory.

2. Likes:

jimbo (12-02-2013),RedTeamGo! (12-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

If anyone has an iPhone with siri, try asking her who her favorite men's college basketball team is.

5. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-03-2013)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Dayton pulls this crap every year.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

7. Likes:

BillDoran (12-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Dayton pulls this crap every year.
    Defense, defense, defense. There is no excuse for your defense being inconsistent. It stems from a lack of focus and desire. You can't expect to give up 81 points on the road and win.

9. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (12-09-2013)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

11. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-27-2014)

It's like a whole new, awful team from non-conference play.

Beginning to wonder if Archie has lost them. They're not even competing of late.

When does Archie get canned? I am not saying he should, but it has been awhile since this team made the tourney (08-09). As a Dayton fan, I expect a tourney appearance every 2-3 seasons. The team started out so well this year, they just had to be solid in conference play. The last few weeks have been a joke. If the same happens next year, I think it might be time to move on.

Good grief. It keeps getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Good grief. It keeps getting worse.
    Can't see it getting much better this season. I wouldn't be so critical if they were giving maximum effort, but I think this team is underachieving and it begins with the coach.

I'm ok with giving Miller another season, but if next year is more of the same then the program will need a new direction.

Stat geek...and proud

Brian Roberts had a nice game for the Pelicans tonight.

And we're good again!

Took care of the Bonnies in Olean (big shakes that is).

Soft spot in the schedule coming up with three or four very winnable games ahead (home versus Rhode Island and LaSalle, followed by contests at Duquesne and St. Joe's). Seems entirely plausible that this team could be 19-9 or even 20-8 preceding the March 5 death by asphyxiation in St. Louis.

Now that we've been afforded a hint of optimism, I fully expect Archie & co. to flush this season over the next two weeks.

19. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (02-10-2014)

The Fighting Archies took down Rhode Island tonight in not particularly impressive fashion. Fortunately, wins and losses are integers and the team will be awarded one full victory. The Flyers move to 17-8 overall and 5-5 in conference.

One full week before the LaSalle Explorers enter the Decibel Dungeon. Onward.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 02-12-2014 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

The Fighting Archies took down Rhode Island tonight in not particularly impressive fashion. Fortunately, wins and losses are integers and the team will be awarded one full victory. The Flyers move to 17-8 overall and 5-5 in conference.

One full week before the LaSalle Explorers enter the Decibel Dungeon. Onward.
    This four game winning streak has more to do with the level of competition they are playing than anything else. The last 4 games on the schedule will tell if this team is anything more than it was during the beginning of non-conference play.

I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    This four game winning streak has more to do with the level of competition they are playing than anything else. The last 4 games on the schedule will tell if this team is anything more than it was during the beginning of non-conference play.

I'm not holding my breath.
    Holding your breath with this team could be hazardous to your health. To call the defense a sieve would be a insult to well-constructed sieves the world over.

I don't think anyone who's followed the Flyers this season have high hopes for the team, but there's still some excitement to be had and some slim hopes for a NCAA tourney bid. They'll more than likely be waxed by both UMass and St. Louis, but the other four remaining games (vs. LaSalle, at Duquense, at St. Joe's and vs. Richmond) could go either way. My expectations remain low, but with some consistent play (spurred by a hint of effort on D) and a run in the A10, the NCAA is a possibility.

What's probably most disconcerting is there isn't much reason for increased expectations for next year. Losing Oliver and Sanford will hurt, and save some previously unforeseen improvement from the sophomore class, it'll be the same helter-skelter productivity on offense coupled with no defense and a glaring lack of consistency from the bigs.

Turn Off Ads?