Thread: 2013-2014 Dayton Flyers

Stat geek...and proud

Re: 2013-2014 Dayton Flyers

And they won. 84-79. Nice win.

2. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (11-26-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Nice start by UD. I thought Arch was a good hire for the Flyers. Last year I lurked a couple of times on a UD board and was surprised by how little patience the fans had for Arch after only two years. Glad to see him doing well.

Wow, Gonzaga is my 3rd favorite college bball team behind Dayton and Ohio State - did not think UD had a chance in this one. Fantastic win that will look good on the resume come tourney time.

Great win for the Flyers. Probably the biggest since Archie arrived. Hopefully he finally has his players and system in place and this is just the beginning of good things to come.

It won't be any easier tonight with #18 Baylor.

Great win for Dayton. I hear people talk about Gonzaga being overrated every year, but the only thing they've ever done against my Muskies is kick our asses, so I'd be thrilled to have the win Dayton got yesterday.

I think Dayton beats Baylor. I haven't been impressed with Baylor yet on the young season, and I think Dayton is just a better team. That would be a nice back to back taking out the Zags and the Bears.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Nice start by UD. I thought Arch was a good hire for the Flyers. Last year I lurked a couple of times on a UD board and was surprised by how little patience the fans had for Arch after only two years. Glad to see him doing well.
    I think it was really an extension of the fustration many had w/ the end of the Gregory era. Fans got sick of doing good to great OOC, then finishing up 7-9 to 9-7 in conference play and missing out on the big dance. Archie didn't have a full roster either of his first two seasons, depth was a major factor. He also had to deal with the growing pains of a 1st time coach. UD fans were ready for something more, ready to climb another step or two above where BG had the program a few seasons ago.

This year's squad has a full complement of depth. Archie has grown as a coach and is making a lot of great adjustments in games, frankly he coached circles around BG in Atlanta. Never judge a fan bases' assessment of their coach based upon their message board. There were plenty of times random X fans wanted to run Sean Miller out of town, I see Gonzaga fans complaining about Few and look how much success he's had.

Flyers have a great team this year, but I still think it's a shame for the Dayton community that UD refuses to play home and homes with Wright State. They both have wonderful arenas and it was a great thing they had going.

The Gem City Jam was so much fun. It was something I looked forward to every season.

I can't think of many other cities that both have D1 basketball schools where the two teams don't play each other every year.
    There are no hunting accidents...It's called kharma.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Ohio has always had a plethora of basketball talent. If only more of the local kids would stay put. Luke Kennard has Duke written all over him. Ugh...
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I can't think of many other cities that both have D1 basketball schools where the two teams don't play each other every year.
    Some of those other cities even have on-court brawls (zip 'em up!).

12. Likes:

jimbo (11-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    Some of those other cities even have on-court brawls
    Yeah, Duke and North Carolina have had some doozies over the years. Chapel Hill and Durham aren't quite the same city, but it's pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Ohio has always had a plethora of basketball talent. If only more of the local kids would stay put. Luke Kennard has Duke written all over him. Ugh...

Doesn't sound like Kennard is going to Duke but your point is still well-taken. Think about all the Dayton area kids that have gone or are going to Michigan State.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Doesn't sound like Kennard is going to Duke but your point is still well-taken. Think about all the Dayton area kids that have gone or are going to Michigan State.
    Duke, Kentucky, Michigan... boo.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Dayton has stretches where they miss a lot of easy shots

Christ, what a game.

This team has great depth.

And that dunk by Kyle Davis was awesome.

Last edited by Ohayou; 11-28-2013 at 12:19 AM.

19. Likes:

BillDoran (12-02-2013)

Turn Off Ads?