Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2013-2014 Dayton Flyers

Re: 2013-2014 Dayton Flyers

Stole a victory at the Consol Center over the feisty, but not particularly talented, Duquesne Dukes.

Steel yourself for a bumpy ride as we learn what the team is made up, closing the season with four top 50 RPI teams (@St. Joe's - 39, @St. Louis - 11, UMass - 13, Richmond - 47). The Flyers currently sit at 55 and are considered solidly on the bubble by tourney prognosticators.

As a long-time fan of the program, I've resolved myself to impending disappointment, but it should be an interesting watch over the next couple weeks, and we'll certainly learn something about Archie as a coach. Should be a fun close, especially considering where the program was four-to-six weeks ago.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Crushed by St. Joe's and that infernal ever-flapping bird (and their bald, squawking idiot of a coach). It never was a game. The Flyers were outclassed from the opening tipoff.

One victory and five losses against the top six teams in conference. Ahead, three games against top six teams. NIT or bust!

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Crushed by St. Joe's and that infernal ever-flapping bird (and their bald, squawking idiot of a coach). It never was a game. The Flyers were outclassed from the opening tipoff.

One victory and five losses against the top six teams in conference. Ahead, three games against top six teams. NIT or bust!
    Too many Flyer fans got tricked into thinking this team had turned the corner during that 6 game winning streak, which had more to do with the level of competition they were playing.

This is the most frustrating Flyer team I can remember since the JOB years. The St. Joe's game was the epitome of the season. Non-existent defense, lack of urgency, lack of effort, and lack of toughness. Basically, the past three seasons of Archie.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (02-28-2014), RedFanAlways1966 (03-03-2014)

I thought Arche was going to turn the corner for this program. I thought wrong.

7. Likes:

dfs (02-28-2014), jimbo (02-28-2014), RedFanAlways1966 (03-03-2014)

Wow, biggest win of the season for the Flyers at St. Louis. I was seriously done with this team after the St. Joseph's debacle. I am so happy they have proven me wrong. They have won two huge must win games against top 20 RPI teams, and have one more at home against a good Richmond team. If they can win that one, I think this team is back on the good side of the bubble.

According to CBSsports they were in the "last 5 in" before the StL win.

I am going to the Richmond game saturday - it's going to be really exciting, hope they don't deliver a letdown!

10. Likes:

jimbo (03-06-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    According to CBSsports they were in the "last 5 in" before the StL win.

I am going to the Richmond game saturday - it's going to be really exciting, hope they don't deliver a letdown!
    I'm not going to be able to make it. I hope the crowd can get the arena loud and rocking.

I saw that too, but I think they really needed that win last night. It gives them a little room for error now, but I'm still considering the Richmond game a must win. I want to watch Selection Sunday with anticipation of seeding, not praying for a spot.

Flyers trying their absolute hardest to blow a 19 point halftime lead. 58-51 in the 2nd half with 14 mins left.

I think regardless of what happens tomorrow, the Flyers are in.

Yep should be a lock now

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Wow. How did the ref not see that?
    Choo got it, dude.

What a hose job. Very Jordan-like push off.

Now we have to sweat it out on Sunday.

Tough loss. That was a pretty blatant push-off, even in real time. But them's the breaks sometimes, I suppose.

Pretty disappointed they couldn't get a better shot on their subsequent possession. The announcers called for it, Archie wanted it, yet they couldn't get a shot going toward the basket, especially painful knowing a make-good call was likely.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Oh snap?
    Choo got it, dude.

The very best part of watching UD come up on the screen next to Ohio State was hearing Clark Kellogg saying, "You can't duck em now Thad!"

20. Likes:

BillDoran (03-18-2014), RedFanAlways1966 (03-17-2014)

Turn Off Ads?