Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Your Double Move BP to ? & SP 4 ?

Your Double Move BP to ? & SP 4 ?

I think its pretty clear BP is not liked by Walt and Bob, mainly because of his comments about Bob, and that's why the MLB executive said he's gone.....

So how about this....wait till Cano is signed by most likely Yankees, to maximize BP value, then trade him to Tigers with Hamilton for Austin Jackson...could Tigers afford BP and want Hamilton, not sure yet.

Next move, I love Homer Bailey now, I think he has round into form....but if we can't trade Cueto or Chapman for a CF either with a bat, OBS, or both, then we may need to send Bailey off and what about Bailey for Kinsler package of players?

Additionally, this maybe an unfavorable comment here...but I think Hamilton is way over rated, and the sooner we can trade him with his prospect hot value tag on him the better.

A couple of other possible homes for BP...Nationals 4 Span, or if we loaded up BP, Hamilton, and SP could we get CarGon from the Rockies?

If mine sucks I understand, give me your double move that has to include BP gone and both CF and 2b needs to be taken care of.

Rangers looking to trade Andrus or Kinsler http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/
    Last edited by Redsville; 11-09-2013 at 08:38 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Your Double Move BP to ? & SP 4 ?

Welcome to Redszone!

BP and Hamilton for Austin Jackson. You do love Austin Jackson don't you? I don't like him that much...

If Hamilton proved one thing last fall it's that he is a difference maker even if he ends up a 4th OFer. I wouldn't let him go in a package deal like that.

BP to Nationals for Span might work. That would take care of CF, allow Billy to be eased in, or used as a 4th OFer.

Then the money saved (about $40mill) could be used to sign Omar Infante or Mark Ellis.

Then if you wanna deal Bailey, believing you get more now than by holding on, the Angels have a couple really good young 2B prospects. Try Yarbrough and Garrett Richards. 2nd base is taken care of for the future, too, and you add a pretty good starter to the rotation (though he is no Bailey). You still have a solid rotation - Cueto, Latos, Leake, Cingrani, Richards with Contreras, Rogers, Stephenson and Lively getting closer and closer.

Not advocating the Bailey trade. Just a possibility that is realistic and addresses both now and future.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Thanks for the welcome......Yeah, I like Austin Jackson, had him on fantasy 2 years ago, and feel he has a high ceiling or at least 20+ hrs, 20 sbs, 280-300 avg. But, honestly I don't know if that's offering to much for him or not. I just think with BP's contract, and my opinion of Hamilton, that it would take more than just BP to get him...same goes for going after another CF with 3/4 tools.

As for Bailey, I do like him, maybe even the most on our staff at this point, but I don't see us able to keep him unless he signs early like Bruce did. So we'll have to trade him, and get a 2bagger or CF back.

Do you not think Bailey would bring in Kinsler, or another already established 2b?
    Last edited by Redsville; 11-09-2013 at 10:01 PM.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-09-2013)

It's reasonable to think a deal built around Bailey and Kinsler could work, but why? Isn't the point of trading BP to get out of an expensive, 4+ year deal for an over-30, declining 2B?

7. Likes:

mth123 (11-10-2013),RedlegJake (11-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    It's reasonable to think a deal built around Bailey and Kinsler could work, but why? Isn't the point of trading BP to get out of an expensive, 4+ year deal for an over-30, declining 2B?
    I'm not sure its about an aging and expensive 2B at this point....I think it centers on his attitude and comments about Bob now. That feeling for me is growing, especially with the MLB executive quoted by a pretty reputable baseball reporter as saying "He's Gone"..

But to your point, you make a great one, I actually thought their contracts were very similar, but Kinslers is built to be a few million more than BP the next 4 years, so it may be too steep.

Offer up your double play option of BP to ? and SP to ?

I'm starting to like the idea of Bailey and Phillips to Washington for Span, Rendon, and a solid pitching prospect. Hamilton could move to 2B to accommodate Span in CF. Rendon can play LF or bump Frazier out there, depending on who is the better fielder of those two. The lineup would be Hamilton, Span, Votto, Bruce, Frazier, Rendon, Mesoraco, Cozart. In this scenario, I'd also sign Haren to a reasonable one year deal to bridge the gap to Stephenson, and I might also sign Mark Ellis to provide some insurance in case Hamilton isn't quite ready.

Any trade of a starting pitcher should based on the move of Chapman to the rotation. Hoover closes and the other in house options fill in the set-up and middle relief roles. They may need to make a move for a lefty (probably bring back Parra) or two if they think Marshall's injury will have after-effects. With Broxton and Marshall getting increases and Chapman's salary converting to a bonus and the Reds going to arb with as well as arb with Simon and Lecure, there is simply too much money in the Reds bullpen which is forcing the team to short change the position players and leaving the talent short. If Bailey and his single year of control are deemed the one to go, Chapman needs to move into the rotation. That would have the effect of moving that money out of the pen and into the positions.

If Chapman to the rotation is no longer an option, then Chapman needs to be the one dealt for a couple of young cheap players with a high end position player being mandatory as part of the return.

Aroldis Chapman, Brandon Phillips and somebody like Ryan Lamarre to the Detroit Tigers for Austin Jackson, Nick Castellanos, Bruce Rondon and Devon Travis.

Ryan Hanigan to the Twins for Caleb Thielbar

Sign Mark Ellis and Kelly Johnson to one year cheap deals.

Jackson CF
    Ellis/Johnson 2B
    Votto 1B
    Bruce RF
    Ludwick/Paul LF
    Frazier/Johnson 3B
    Mesoraco/Pena C
    Cozart SS

Cut or deal Hannahan, H-Rod, Soto and Ondrusek for whatever you can get. and add UI who can play SS and an OF who can play all three spots (maybe Heisey) and the positions are covered and improved. Hamilton, Castellanos and Travis will all be available at AAA/AA (with Lutz, Robinson and a few pitchers)and probably will all contribute at some point in 2014.

Latos, Cueto, Bailey, Cingrani and Leake in the rotation.
    Hoover closes with Marshall (or Parra) and Lecure setting him up.
    Thielbar and Rondon are the young cheap guys with potential from the Left and Right Side. Simon continues in his utility role. Broxton is the wildcard and rounds out the staff if health will allow. If not, I'd go with Curtis Partch. He's better than people think.
    Last edited by mth123; 11-14-2013 at 06:49 AM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I don't mind the signing of Kelly Johnson at 1 or 2 years, I wonder if Mark Ellis at 36 is worth the signing, unless dirt cheap. I do like trying to get Austin Jackson as our CF, but not sure if Tigers would bite....think they'd ask for Hamilton...which I'd be fine with.

Teams I feel need either a 2b/Closer combo or 2b/SP combo and can take on a somewhat bad contract like BP's or have one to send our way too, that would could possibly pair up with.

Tigers = 2b/Closer or SP
    Dodgers = 2b/SP
    Yankees = 2b/Closer or SP if Cano goes elsewhere
    Nationals = 2b/SP
    Royals = 2b/SP

What can those teams bring back to us we need and fairly, is up for discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    I'm starting to like the idea of Bailey and Phillips to Washington for Span, Rendon, and a solid pitching prospect. Hamilton could move to 2B to accommodate Span in CF. Rendon can play LF or bump Frazier out there, depending on who is the better fielder of those two. The lineup would be Hamilton, Span, Votto, Bruce, Frazier, Rendon, Mesoraco, Cozart. In this scenario, I'd also sign Haren to a reasonable one year deal to bridge the gap to Stephenson, and I might also sign Mark Ellis to provide some insurance in case Hamilton isn't quite ready.
    That trade might propel Washington to the 2nd wildcard and knock us out of the playoffs..
    We have to be a bit cautious about that.

Also, I have no interest in signing Mark Ellis. 36 years old, coming off a 674 OPS season, not particularly great defensively. I'd almost rather gamble off trying to get a young infielder in rule V or the waiver wire that can at least play plus defense.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Brandon Phillips and a P prospect to the Yankees for Eduardo Nunez and Ivan Nova.

Ryan Ludwick and Homer Bailey to the Angels for Peter Bourjos and Erick Aybar/Howie Kendrick.

Re-sign Choo!

Nova will be our #3 behind Latos and Cueto.

Nunez is cheap, can hit and plays all 3 infield positions replaces Izturis.

Bourjos is in case Hamilton isn't ready.

Aybar/Kendrick are to replace Phillips and both hit at the beginning of the lineup.

Turn Off Ads?