Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thank you Bronson!

Thank you Bronson!

Since the Reds made a QO for Choo and not for Arroyo i think it is pretty safe to say that Bronson will not return to the Queen City next year. Which pretty much everybody expected anyway.

Nevertheless: I just wanted to say: Thank you Mr.Arroyo. Thank you for 8 rocksolid seasons as an Red. Thank you for 8 years of being the workhorse in our rotation. I think i am not the only one who will miss you and your laid back personality. Which i am pretty sure will be missed in the clubhouse as well. Thanks Bronson and good luck. Wherever you will land. Keep on rocking dude!

2. Likes:

bounty37h (11-06-2013),cinredsfan2000 (11-05-2013),daddylovesabby (11-27-2013),Driver62 (11-05-2013),HokieRed (11-06-2013),jwertz (11-05-2013),Kiko (11-06-2013),malcontent (11-05-2013),MattyHo4Life (11-10-2013),mth123 (11-05-2013),Old school 1983 (11-05-2013),RedlegJake (11-05-2013),REDREAD (11-05-2013),SunDeck (11-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Thank you Bronson!

Arroyo will be in the Reds HoF someday.

It's all the budget - no QO, probably no chance of an accommodating deal. Fans who think he should be gone for performance reasons are daft but it's hard to argue in today's salary conscious game, that he is worth a deal for so much to a team like the Reds. I wish they'd been able to make the offer but my guess is they felt the chance was too great he'd accept it. Maybe it is an off-hand way of thanking him, by not saddling his FA search with a draft pick cost.

Whatever, the Reds may well miss his "never missed a start" reliability when pitchers start falling to the DL. Losing a guaranteed 20% of the rotations starts without health worries is huge. Leake can basically do the same job numbers wise.

I think as the years go by Arroyo's contributions and career in the Queen City are going to be more and more appreciated and missed.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

5. Likes:

bounty37h (11-06-2013),joshua (11-05-2013),Old school 1983 (11-05-2013),REDREAD (11-05-2013)

Minus the awful singing, Arroyo was a stud for us. Thanks Bronson.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (11-05-2013)

I hope the Reds made the decision to not give a QO completely based on finances, and their prediction on whether or not Bronson would have accepted. I think Bronson was a great Red, but he deserves no favors from the front office. The money the Reds paid for his services should be thanks enough. And the front office should be in the business of winning as many games as possible, not thanking old ballplayers.

9. Likes:

CN-RED (11-05-2013),remdog (11-16-2013)

One of my all time favorite Reds, he played the game right, treated it as a craft, and remained one of the most down to earth players in the game. Good luck, BA!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

11. Likes:

daddylovesabby (11-27-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarftree View Post
    Since the Reds made a QO for Choo and not for Arroyo i think it is pretty safe to say that Bronson will not return to the Queen City next year. Which pretty much everybody expected anyway.

Nevertheless: I just wanted to say: Thank you Mr.Arroyo. Thank you for 8 rocksolid seasons as an Red. Thank you for 8 years of being the workhorse in our rotation. I think i am not the only one who will miss you and your laid back personality. Which i am pretty sure will be missed in the clubhouse as well. Thanks Bronson and good luck. Wherever you will land. Keep on rocking dude!
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Bronson is the most entertaining pitcher the Reds have had, maybe ever. Sorry if he leaves. He will take most of the Red's "personality" with him. And a lot of the rest is leaving with Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gapper View Post
    I hope the Reds made the decision to not give a QO completely based on finances, and their prediction on whether or not Bronson would have accepted. I think Bronson was a great Red, but he deserves no favors from the front office. The money the Reds paid for his services should be thanks enough. And the front office should be in the business of winning as many games as possible, not thanking old ballplayers.
    I'm sure the finances had the heaviest weight but a nod to Bronson's service may have tipped a decision if it was on edge. Baseball is a people business. You don't play with and be around guys for 8-9 months almost full time and not develop close ties to long time players that go beyond professional considerations. Sure, it's business first but there are times when it's not such a huge issue to do something to reward a guy. Trade him to a contender instead of team in last place even for a slightly smaller return. Not make a QO when you're fence sitting whether you really want to or not. Works the other way, too. Trading a good player because he ticked you off - the GM/Owner snit fit. It also colors perceptions greatly when giving out contracts. I think it is common to over value a guy that has played a couple seasons for you by giving him a dumb extension or new contract just because- well "he's your guy". And how many GMs go to a new team and start pulling in guys they have had before? Even when there are quite often, better players available. Baseball, more than any sport, I think, is motivated and colored by personal feelings in the FO for players, good and bad.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

I personally like Bronson Arroyo a lot.

Thanks for the solid pitching during your time here.

Hope you land in a good spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

It's time to move on and go with younger SP like Stephenson, Corcino, etc

17. Likes:

remdog (11-16-2013)

Turn Off Ads?