Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Glad they won and I think they're a good team but in the back of my head, I just know Dalton won't be able to lead us to any championships. When's he's "on," he's a good manager and getting the pass to easy/open targets. When's he's "off," he's simply terrible. Unfortunately, he's usually "off" for half a game. That simply won't work in the playoffs.
    Yeah, if Good Andy can show up for the next 7 games, the Bengals will be in a great position. But if Bad Andy rears his ugly head, it's going to be a difficult path to the Super Bowl.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Who will be brought in as backup? I toss this out there as a serious consideration, but what about Jonathan Martin?
    Dolphins still have him, he's not available.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Indianapolis has looked pretty bad lately. I like our chances next week.

This win was big, especially with Baltimore getting it together.
    Baltimore has got it together?

They barely beat the Bengals and Steelers....lost to the Bears and I forget who...all in the last 4 weeks.

They have nothing together. They are running on the fumes of ...Well we are the ravens and we expect to win..... they have no offense and their defense is not as good or close to as good as their last few years.

The only thong I worry about is any more injuries and how consistent Andy will play.

"So Fla Red"

How good would the talented Bengals be with Russell Wilson at the helm. Scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    One thing to consider, the path through the Super Bowl is going to lead through cold weather cities. I don't expect Indy to do much down the stretch and can see the Bengals getting the 3 seed in the AFC. From there the games would be played in Cincy, Denver, NE and then a SB in NYC. Ugly, smash mouth games may be how they are won in January and February.

I was able to catch the 2nd half but it sounded like the Bengals offensive play calling was pretty poor in the 1st half. Sometimes Gruden gets into a rut and the play calling really suffers. What I do like with the current staff is they seem to make the proper adjustments at half.

On the defensive side, holding Rivers and co to 10 points is a pretty impressive performance. Burfict probably won't, but should get consideration for defensive POY in the NFL. Guy is a beast on the field.
    Good stuff.

*Burfict gets my vote for DPOY. I just wish he could stay healthy.

*I trust our running game more than the passing game at this point.

*We need to surpass the Pats record-wise before the postseason starts.

"So Fla Red"

That Denver/Pats game last week really hurt the Bengals. They need the #2 seed badly.

Holding Rivers to 10 points minus Atkins and Hall is amazing. Bengals are stocked with talent and depth. They've beat Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Big Ben and Rivers this season. Yet somehow losing to Tannehill and Weeden

Very interested to see how they do against Luck this weekend.

I'd love to see Zimmer elevated to head coach before he gets snagged in the offseason.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Never thought I'd say this but the Bengals are finding ways to win.
    Bengals are 15-5 in the last 20 regular season games. This is a team that knows how to win even with inconsistent QB play. When Dalton plays average or better they just don't lose.

The only issue with 2013 is the season ending injuries continue to chip away. I'd easily take a healthy roster over any team in the AFC without the one with Peyton running the show and this defense at full strength would be the only one in the AFC that could possibly slow down Manning in Denver in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Yet somehow losing to Tannehill and Weeden
    Just a minor correction... the Bengals lost to Hoyer, not Weeden. I only correct you because I've told my Browns fans friends that it is unfair that the Bengals didn't get to face Weeden at all this season (they got Hoyer the first time and Campbell the second time).

Dalton just needs to limit the turnovers and we'll be fine. I know Marvin implied that several of them weren't Dalton's fault, but I know plenty of them were. Against SD their FS was so deep I don't think he ever even saw him. Take away a handful of ints and Dalton is having a pretty good year. Already over 3100 yards, over 60% completions and 22 tds.

I do think we focus too much on Dalton for the success of this team. What I've seen this year in our bigger games is that our defense is fully capable of beating the top tier QBs in this league. Rodgers, Brady, Stafford, Rivers...etc. That's the kinda games we'll get in the playoffs, and with the outdoor winter weather that we'll get in the playoffs I love our defense in those games even more.

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (12-03-2013),wolfboy (12-03-2013)

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Just a minor correction... the Bengals lost to Hoyer, not Weeden. I only correct you because I've told my Browns fans friends that it is unfair that the Bengals didn't get to face Weeden at all this season (they got Hoyer the first time and Campbell the second time).
    You are correct. I had mentally purged that game. Since the Bengals didn't seem to care or show up, why waste brain cells remembering the details

On Bengals Line 700 WLW last night they had on the best Bengal CB ever, Ken Riley "the Rattler" and he said that he's been working with practice squad player Onterrio McCalebb and he's been very impressed. He says his speed and agility is excellent. His only reservation is tackling since he hasn't seen much of that in practice. Riley also had to learn CB in the NFL as Paul Brown drafted him out of college as a QB. Riley knows the position better than anyone and it's great to hear such praise from him. I also applaud the Bengals for getting Riley to make McCalebb his pet project. He's a guy to watch at the CB spot next year

14. Likes:

Boss-Hog (12-03-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (12-03-2013)

Wish the Bengals could find a way to draft Johnny Football.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Not interested...

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I'd rather have Mike Evans.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

18. Likes:

Stray (12-03-2013)

I want no part of Manziel. I could never see myself rooting for a guy like that. I think he's going to flame out in the NFL anyway. My guess is he'll last about as long as Tebow has.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Turn Off Ads?