Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 68 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Just saw this on the Enquirer website: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...-in-car-crash/

Always terrible to see a young life cut short.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Just saw this on the Enquirer website: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/...-in-car-crash/

Always terrible to see a young life cut short.
    It is tragic but it's also very irresponsible to be driving 100 mph on a freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It is tragic but it's also very irresponsible to be driving 100 mph on a freeway.
    I wonder if this is another instance of a player with post-concussion problems. I seem to recall there was another player who died in a highway accident driving at high speeds where they believe he had post-concussion syndrome.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

You admited it in your previous post.
    I'm referring to your contention that the Browns will not be able to draft an elite player because they aren't bad enough (LOL).

First off - what is an "elite" player? It's measured by the success one goes on to do in his NFL career. How many 1st round picks have had elite college careers only to be busts in the NFL? How many were drafted in the lower rounds and went on to success? It's a mixed bag my friend. There is no guarantee, and you don't know, and neither do I.

Currently, there are 6 teams with a worst record than the Browns. And then there is a huge group, along with the Browns, crowded in there with 4 wins so far. Looking at the Brown's remaining schedule they'll probably win one more game. They might be able to beat Pitt this week at home .... and Pitt is one of those teams in that group ... but I have my reservations.

I think the Browns will end up with a top 10 pick when it's all said and done. And they have Indy's 1st round pick, which will come in at the bottom of the round. They have 7 picks in the first 4 rounds.

What was laughable were all the Browns fans thinking that they would sweep the Bengals and take the division
    Show me where ALL these Brown fans were thinking (bragging) they were going to win the division? I participate on two Brown's forums, and while there were some (it was minimal. You always have some fans that will say/hope for that) .... a majority of them are realists when it came to this year's expectations, and saw it as a long shot at best.

I didn't pick the Browns to win this past weekend. I was hoping for it; but history shows it's hard for either of these teams to sweep the series.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Carolina helped the Bengals out last night. If the Broncos can go into New England on Sunday night and get a win, the Bengals will control their own destiny for the #2 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Show me where ALL these Brown fans were thinking (bragging) they were going to win the division? I participate on two Brown's forums, and while there were some (it was minimal. You always have some fans that will say/hope for that) .... a majority of them are realists when it came to this year's expectations, and saw it as a long shot at best.

I didn't pick the Browns to win this past weekend. I was hoping for it; but history shows it's hard for either of these teams to sweep the series.
    There's a lot more places than Redszone, my friend. There was a ton of talk about the Browns sweeping this series.

As for the draftpick, the best thing for the Browns if they're not going to go to the playoffs, is to have a horrible season and draft as high as possible. The last thing you want is a 7-9 record, but you're right, the Browns may very well tank anyway and get a fabulous pick. That's very possible

This NE Ohio writer called the Browns the best team in the AFC North and called Jason Campbell an elite QB:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/inde...medium=twitter

This isn't some clown on a messageboard. It's straight from the Browns official website

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Carolina helped the Bengals out last night. If the Broncos can go into New England on Sunday night and get a win, the Bengals will control their own destiny for the #2 seed.
    The only teams that are really scary in the AFC are Denver or KC at home because of their great homefield advantage. Even with as inconsistent as we are, we are right there with everyone else.

Oh and that was a horrible no call to end the game last night. I don't like the Patriots, but that felt like a way the Bengals would lose a game.
    Last edited by Stray; 11-19-2013 at 08:48 AM.

This NE Ohio writer called the Browns the best team in the AFC North and called Jason Campbell an elite QB:

This isn't some clown on a messageboard. It's straight from the Browns official website
    That's actually the Cleveland Plain Dealer. Mary Kay Cabot is the equivalent of John Fay. Take that for what it's worth.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    The only teams that are really scary in the AFC are Denver or KC at home because of their great homefield advantage. Even with as inconsistent as we are, we are right there with everyone else.

Oh and that was a horrible no call to end the game last night. I don't like the Patriots, but that felt like a way the Bengals would lose a game.
    KC doesn't scare me. KC is where they are because of their schedule. I am not saying that the Chargers are world beaters but the Chiefs were able to go 9-0 without playing a single game against KC or San Diego.

KC is a team that if they get the lead play well. But if you look at their schedule, their best win is against Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    KC doesn't scare me. KC is where they are because of their schedule. I am not saying that the Chargers are world beaters but the Chiefs were able to go 9-0 without playing a single game against KC or San Diego.

KC is a team that if they get the lead play well. But if you look at their schedule, their best win is against Dallas.
    I agree they aren't as good as their record suggests, but it'll be hard to go into Arrowhead and beat em. That's a tough place to play. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be a wildcard team though.

Wow, just wow. I think a 3rd grader who knows a little bit about the NFL would laugh at that propaganda piece. Holy moly.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

For all of the "I wouldn't want to play them (Broncos, Chiefs, Seahawks, Saints, etc) at home" talk, the Bengals are never mentioned yet are 5-0 with wins over the Steelers, Packers and Patriots and two blowout wins over the Jets and Browns.

15. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-21-2013)

2. Jason Campbell is an elite NFL quarterback.

The 20th quarterback to start an NFL game for the Browns since 1999 is one of the best I've seen in a long time.
    I think I found Mary Cabot's problem - she only watches the Browns. There's no other explanation.

Saying Josh Gordon matches AJ Green might actually be the most laughable thing in that article.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

There's a lot more places than Redszone, my friend.
    Go back and re-read my post.

I said I participate on two Brown forums (and have for many years). Redszone is not a Brown's forum, and I wasn't referring to here.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?