Turn Off Ads?
Page 27 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    True, but I'd prefer the 9-4 team in blandville vs. 4-9 in a Jerry World. Reliant Stadium is pretty bland and Dolphins stadium is too although they have Club Liv for the South Beach experience in Miami Gardens next to the turnpike at 1pm on a Sunday afternoon...

PBS is almost 15 years old now. Incredible.

TV and scoreboards need updating, but the infrastructure is solid at that place. Bring back the white tigers on the sidelines, build a boat like Raymond James...
    True, although it would be nice to see a little effort to make the place less sterile.

It is hard to believe PBS is that old. Even more shocking when you consider Riverfront only had a 32 year lifespan.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thank goodness it's just a MCL sprain for Newman. Out 1-3 weeks so he should be good to go for the playoffs.

Kirkpatrick has been playing well when he's been given the chance. Nice opportunity for him to get more snaps in the next few games.

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Thank goodness it's just a MCL sprain for Newman. Out 1-3 weeks so he should be good to go for the playoffs.

Kirkpatrick has been playing well when he's been given the chance. Nice opportunity for him to get more snaps in the next few games.
    Great news. It is a war of attrition this year in the NFL.

Gronk's injury looks really bad ACL/MCL and the Honey Badger also has a turn ACL/LCL. The ugly side of the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    That's the shame of it IMHO: if they'd spend a few bucks to spruce the place up, it could be an awesome stadium. But they've just let it age into a bland, concrete block. The Bengals and Reds couldn't be more opposite in their respective commitments to fan experience.
    If only they had got some more money from the county when they built it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Hoosier Red (12-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    If only they had got some more money from the county when they built it.
    Hard times at 1 Paul Brown Stadium.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I think they retired Bob Johnson's number, didn't they? I hadn't thought of the numbering restrictions, but I'd rather think it's just because the Browns are ingrates.
    You're correct. That one(#54) is officially retired. Since Munoz has retired, no one has worn #78. Every other number is up for grabs.

Yes, the Brown's are in fact ingrates.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

I guess the Reds have a little more history to celebrate that they can run with as a theme for their stadium.

But jeez, at least put something on the walls. A few more lights in the concourses would be nice too, they look like literal caves.

Awesome endless escalator to the upper deck though. It's like being on some novelty amusement park ride. Maybe it's supposed to be a special experience for the people who can't afford lower level seats.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

AJ Green: "You can't count on Cleveland"

Just now on Bengals Line.

12. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (12-09-2013),meigsred (12-09-2013),New York Red (12-09-2013),Redsfaithful (12-09-2013),wolfboy (12-10-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Awesome endless escalator to the upper deck though. It's like being on some novelty amusement park ride. Maybe it's supposed to be a special experience for the people who can't afford lower level seats.

At least it works now. Or I assume so. The first few years it was very hit or miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

I did not know that. It's even funnier now.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

It's always worked when I've been there.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I don't know if this kind of thing gets you suspended, fined or just ignored:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...lace-in-a-pile

but safe to say, if you're on the Bengal's defensive line squeeze tight when you get into a pile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    You're correct. That one(#54) is officially retired. Since Munoz has retired, no one has worn #78. Every other number is up for grabs.

Yes, the Brown's are in fact ingrates.
    How many football teams actually retire numbers? Some teams with a long history wouldn't have enough numbers for all the players at certain positions if they retired numbers for their Hall of Famers alone. Most teams just do a Ring of Honor don't they.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

A ring of honor should be the bare minimum for the Bengals.

Turn Off Ads?