Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Bengals D playing rope-a-dope. Let the Browns chew up a bunch of clock marching down the field, then hold them on fourth and goal.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Burfict 15 tackles
    Rey 12 tackles

just 3 short of 30 combined

The bye finally comes for a banged-up team. They will need it before heading west to San Diego. If I'm Marvin, I pull an Eddie Money and buy Dalton and his wife two tickets to paradise for the week off so he can get his mind off football for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Burfict 15 tackles
    Rey 12 tackles

just 3 short of 30 combined
    Maualuga may have been Wally Pipped*

*this is used as an expression and should not been taken as an opportunity to argue about how accurate the Pipp/Gehrig story was.

Offense was still an issue today. Several passes sailed on Dalton, receivers running bad routes/drops/not getting open, tons of missed blocks, some penalties, and a pick six. Terrible play from them, and we still won by 21. Goes to show how good this team is.

Our offense will get much better. I think it all starts up front for us, and the bye week is coming at a perfect time so those guys can get some rest to heal. I expect us to finish the year strong.

I love watching these mud games like Chicago vs. Baltimore right now. Don't see it too much anymore with all the turf fields, but this feels like real football.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

8. Likes:

jimbo (11-17-2013),wolfboy (11-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Maualuga may have been Wally Pipped*

*this is used as an expression and should not been taken as an opportunity to argue about how accurate the Pipp/Gehrig story was.
    Zimmer loves Maualuga can't see him benching him but they may take there time bringing him back. Burfict looks like a man possessed playing next to Rey.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

And down go the Ratbirds in the Tornado Bowl.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

11. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Zimmer loves Maualuga can't see him benching him but they may take there time bringing him back. Burfict looks like a man possessed playing next to Rey.
    I think a linebacker rotation similar to the D line rotation is likely.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I don't see how someone doesn't hire Zimmer as HC this off-season. My guess is he winds up in miami. They're going to want a strong character guy.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Where would this team be without Burfict? He's the team MVP, not counting coaches (Zimmer). He's the best Bengal LB I've seen. What a find!
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Where would this team be without Burfict? He's the team MVP, not counting coaches (Zimmer). He's the best Bengal LB I've seen. What a find!
    Burfict should seriously be considered for DPOY.

Too bad he won't. I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere. NFL.com had Kuechly leading the race. Beats me.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 11-17-2013 at 07:21 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Burfict should seriously be considered for DPOY.

Too bad he won't. I haven't seen his name mentioned anywhere. NFL.com had Kuechly leading the race. Beats me.
    I was thinking the same thing during today's game. Burfict and Rey were just unbelievable today.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    And down go the Ratbirds in the Tornado Bowl.
    Joe Flacco's contract looks worse and worse every game. He was great in the playoffs last year, but now that he has locked the Ravens into a horrible contract, he has happily returned to being an average/below average QB.

That should be the division. Three home games left, and both road games are theoretically winnable, should only need to win 3 of 5.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Turn Off Ads?