Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 68 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

I think a power back with size in the 2nd or 3rd rounds should be a consideration too.

I like the idea of taking a challenger for QB in rounds 3-5. And a CB should be taken in the 2nd round. First round should be a DT, DE/OLB or G/C.

I also wouldn't be against trading out of the 1st round to acquire picks if a QB that some team wants is available in the late 20s (oops, I mean at the 32nd pick lol).
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I think a power back with size in the 2nd or 3rd rounds should be a consideration too.

I like the idea of taking a challenger for QB in rounds 3-5. And a CB should be taken in the 2nd round. First round should be a DT, DE/OLB or G/C.

I also wouldn't be against trading out of the 1st round to acquire picks if a QB that some team wants is available in the late 20s (oops, I mean at the 32nd pick lol).
    Agree with much of this, but I'm curious why you would want a DT in the first round? I think between Geno, Peko, Thompson and Still that is probably our best position of depth and talent. If a top-notch CB and OLB is not available, I'd be OK trading down, but I'd prefer to get a shutdown CB in the first if we can.

I'd think we can get a replacement for Law Firm in Rounds 3-5, if not in FA.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    You sure you don't want to rethink your pick of Vandy over my Vols? I'd hate to see you underestimate them again and cost you...
    Remember, I said this earlier about the Vols....

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    They'll squeak another conference win in at the end of the season. Maybe two if Vandy isn't on their game.
    Vandy 14 Tennessee 10

Well.... Vandy was on their game.

You should have no problem with Kentucky though, which will give you that other conference win.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Vandy 14 Tennessee 10

You should have no problem with Kentucky though, which will give you that other conference win.
    I'm bummed that Tenn couldn't beat a very bad Vanderbilt team. I can deal with losing to teams that offer something but Vanderbilt and Tennessee were equally bad yesterday. The officiating had a problem even counting secs on the play clock. If you are correct and VU was on their game yesterday then they're horrible. The UT defense is terrible as anyone who's watched them this year can attest. The offense wasn't any better. The UT QB has a weak arm, is inaccurate, is small and has some decent mobility. That screams 3rd string to me. I'd be willing to take my lumps with him if I thought it'd pay off, but I don't think he'll ever be worth a darn.
    The special teams were equally atrocious.

Kudos to you for knowing ahead of time that the officials would overturn a game changing call with 0:46 left and pave the way for VU to win in the final secs.

2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Vandy 14 Tennessee 10

Actually, the boys in black and gold probably played their worst offensive game of the season.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 11-24-2013 at 03:14 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Agree with much of this, but I'm curious why you would want a DT in the first round? I think between Geno, Peko, Thompson and Still that is probably our best position of depth and talent. If a top-notch CB and OLB is not available, I'd be OK trading down, but I'd prefer to get a shutdown CB in the first if we can.

I'd think we can get a replacement for Law Firm in Rounds 3-5, if not in FA.
    I'm just a big fan of taking OL or DL talent in the first round. If the BPA is a DT then I wouldn't mind taking him at that point.

As far as RB goes, Andre Williams from BC is a name I'll throw out there. He's 6' 227 and set the ACC rushing record this year. But yeah, filling that position through FA isn't a bad way to go either.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I don't like the Steelers hanging around like they are. Don't like it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I don't like the Steelers hanging around like they are. Don't like it at all.
    You'll have another chance to root against them on Thurs night.

I don't know who more to worry about as Bengal fans, Balt or Pitt. I want 'em both gone. We really need to kill them off ourselves and we'll have that opportunity

Long way to go, but not crazy to think the Bengals could host the Steelers in round 1.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Long way to go, but not crazy to think the Bengals could host the Steelers in round 1.
    Yes, I am aware of that possibility. Actually I don't want to face any fellow AFC North foe in rd 1

Bengals getting some nice help from our old buddy Carson Palmer, who has looked really good today. The Cardinals are sending Indy back to 7-4. If Denver can come away with one tonight in New England, all three #2 seed contenders will have identical records.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Bengals getting some nice help from our old buddy Carson Palmer, who has looked really good today. The Cardinals are sending Indy back to 7-4. If Denver can come away with one tonight in New England, all three #2 seed contenders will have identical records.
    Carson is on a bit of a tear lately. I'm glad to see it. I always liked him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Kudos to you for knowing ahead of time that the officials would overturn a game changing call with 0:46 left and pave the way for VU to win in the final secs.
    The play was reviewed and overturned. That's football. But honestly? I don't know crap!

But Vandy is 7-4 overall, and 4-4 in the SEC. That's not a bad football team looking at the division they play in. They'll be in a bowl somewhere. And both of these teams have had quality wins against divisional ranked opponents.... Vols beat SC, and Vandy beat Georgia.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Despite the Browns thing, I like GAC and don't understand why he gets so much heat here.

Turn Off Ads?