Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 68 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think they could still win a playoff game. I don't know who else is going to win the division. The 2nd place AFC West team will be the 4 seed, so that means the Bengals would be playing at home against one of (most likely):

Jets
    Chargers
    Titans
    Cleveland
    Baltimore

Two of those teams will make the playoffs, which is how bad the AFC is. I'm assuming Miami is going to implode as they are also 4-5. The only other possibility would be one of the 3-6 teams get on a run and win 5 or 6 of their last 7 games. I don't see Bufalo doing that, so that leaves Pittsburgh. They've got baltimore and Cleveland left, but they still have Detroit and Green Bay (after Rodgers is back). I don't see the Steelers being good enough to go on that kind of run.

I don't see any of those 4 teams the Bengals couldn't, and shouldn't, beat at home in the playoffs, even with the team as is. The AFC is 3 deep with Denver, KC, and NE. Even with all the injuries, I don't see another team in the AFC that's better than Cincinnati.
    Bengals have to finish better than Indy (including beating them on Dec 8) in order to get the 3 seed and play one of the teams you listed above. Otherwise, we'll get Denver or KC, and that will probably be the end (especially if it's Denver).
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Only one of those teams will be in the playoffs, not two. There are four division winners, so the 2nd place AFC West will be the fifth seed. And then one of those teams listed will get in as the six.
    Correct. My mistake.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Bengals have to finish better than Indy (including beating them on Dec 8) in order to get the 3 seed and play one of the teams you listed above. Otherwise, we'll get Denver or KC, and that will probably be the end (especially if it's Denver).
    I think KC is very beatable in the playoffs on the road. To me, they have the feel of the Falcons a few years ago when they steam-rolled through the regular season but you just knew they were going to lose their first playoff game.

But agree that the best bet is to finish ahead of Indy. They are so hard to project because they won on the road in Seattle and San Francisco, then get demolished at home vs St. Louis. They've got Tennessee twice, KC, Texans, and the Jags..... other than the head to head with Cincy. That head to head very well may decide who's the 3 seed and who's the 4 seed.

I'm normally the pessimistic guy on here. I don't think they can make a playoff run like I thought they could a few weeks ago, but I still think they win their division and have a better chance at winning a playoff game than they have since 2005. It may because of how bad the AFC is, but I'll take it however I can get it.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The Patriots aren't a juggernaut this year so I wouldn't concede the #2 seed to them yet. They have to go to Carolina this week and then host the Broncos the week after. If the Bengals win this week, they could very well head into San Diego tied with New England.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I think they could still win a playoff game. I don't know who else is going to win the division. The 2nd place AFC West team will be the 4 seed,
    The number 4 seed will be a division winner; possibly our Bengals. The teams you're listing will be the #6 seed

Poor weather conditions called for tomorrow. Not sure who that favors but my gut says the Browns.

Poor weather conditions called for tomorrow. Not sure who that favors but my gut says the Browns.
    Depends. In the Patriots game, it favored the Bengals.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

IIRC Browns have one rushing TD all year. Can't say that bodes well for rainy weather.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    IIRC Browns have one rushing TD all year. Can't say that bodes well for rainy weather.
    Bengals haven't allowed one since week 3.

The Bengals should win, but the wildcard here is the Brown's defense. Leading the NFL with just a 4.5 avgerage of yards allowed per play....in a low scoring game, if you fall behind, you are done. Just like last time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Bengals haven't allowed one since week 3.

The Bengals should win, but the wildcard here is the Brown's defense. Leading the NFL with just a 4.5 avgerage of yards allowed per play....in a low scoring game, if you fall behind, you are done. Just like last time...
    The wildcard is Dalton. I guess that's why my thinking is that the weather favors the Browns. Campbell is steady but not spectacular, while Dalton is boom or bust. I'm afraid the weather will lead to Dalton turning it over.

I think the winner of this one wins the division. The Browns remaining schedule is very manageable and they'd obviously have the tiebreaker over the Bengals. A Bengals win gives them a 2.5 game lead with five to play.

first drive and we still can't protect Dalton...not a good sign.

Our offense is a mess. Dalton is playing terrible, line not blocking, receivers not getting open. Yikes.

LOL Dalton.

Might have to bench Dalton.

He throws so many INTs. He is just awful right now.

Turn Off Ads?