Turn Off Ads?
Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Wow, 28 hours ago the Bengals had the #2 seed within grasp, and now we're talking the possibility of missing the playoffs altogether. If that worst case scenario occurs, this would be the worst ending to a Bengals season in my lifetime. And I've been alive for all of them. I don't even want to think about it.

Edit - Make that, "Worst ending to a Bengals regular season" in my lifetime. Surely nothing can ever top the last second SB loss the the Niners.
    Last edited by New York Red; 12-17-2013 at 12:35 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I know one year has nothing to do with another, but for the past two plus decades it's what teams from this city (heck, this state) do.

Cough. Cough.

As for Schwartz, his stud receiver turning into Braylon Edwards and a kicker knocking one from 61 can't be all on him. Got to admit, that was a Bengal/Brown kind of loss. Maybe it was the fact that the Bengals needed Lions to win that infected them. Strange.
    I didn't see coaching as a factor. The turnovers and the Ravens getting some huge breaks from the refs were the biggest factors. That non-call on the obvious arm bar pass interference in the end zone by the Ravens was huge. Two refs standing right there and neither call it?

Love how they're talking about the Ravens' "will" and "soul."

No, both teams played like crap. Detroit just played like more crap. Running the ball up the middle on 3rd and 10 from the opponent's 45 when you're losing with less than a minute left is not showing "the will to win."

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Just about everything that could have gone wrong went wrong for the Bengals since the inception of the franchise.
    Fixed it for ya...

All the Bengals need is health and they've been losing guys left and right for weeks. The Dolphins loss was a fluke + losing Atkins. Meanwhile, the Ravens have been getting healthier and squeaking by against mediocre competition the past couple of weeks - with some favorable calls and fortune.

Two home games and they control their fate (win or lose against Minn). If they can't go 3-3 in the division and .500 or better on the road then they can't really complain.

The last two Ravens wins were almost comical, but no one wants to face that team in a cold weather playoff game with Flacco's cannon and that style of defense.

The Bengals could be in the odd position of week 17 being a game for the #2 seed or going home (Miami/Balt both 10-6 and they would be out).

Very good chance the Ravens/Bengals could now be flexed to Sunday night - which is a very bad thing if they have to play the next weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    I'd take Dalton over Stafford every day of the week
    No way. Stafford has flaws but he's much better

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    No way. Stafford has flaws but he's much better
    I'm pretty much the biggest Dalton critic ever, but he doesn't make anywhere near the boneheaded plays Stafford makes

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    Love how they're talking about the Ravens' "will" and "soul."

No, both teams played like crap. Detroit just played like more crap. Running the ball up the middle on 3rd and 10 from the opponent's 45 when you're losing with less than a minute left is not showing "the will to win."
    61 yd FG was flukish and lucky and last week required referee assistance to secure the win. Lions couldn't get out of their own way including Megatron dropping several balls, a no call PI in the endzone and the dropped 2-pt conversion.

That's why I call the Lions "Cinci-lite" They are a completely inept franchise that folds even more predictably in the bright lights than our beloved Bengals.

"So Fla Red"

Stafford and Romo appear to be separated at birth. Switch the helmets and it's the same guy.

For the record I'd take Stafford and Romo over Dalton in the next 3-4 years.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    So what you are telling me is that if the game is played at 4 the Bengals can win but if it is played at night they can't?
    I'm saying that when the Bengals are the only game on, they are 2-8 over their last 10. Coincidence? Sure,it could be. But it is what it is.

11. Likes:

5TimeWSChamps (12-17-2013)

I agree things got much worse for us this weekend, but in your scenario, provided the Bengals beat the Vikings (which is not a given right now), wouldn't the Dolphins need to win both their games (the Buffalo game is on the road) to tie the Bengals (and win the tiebreaker)?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    At this point, all it will take for a Bengals collapse (no postseason) is

1) Balt wins at NE
    2) Balt wins at home vs Cin
    3) Mia wins vs Buf or Jets

I would bet slighty in favor of the Bengals making the playoffs, but I wouldn't go so far as to rule out missing them.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Wow, 28 hours ago the Bengals had the #2 seed within grasp, and now we're talking the possibility of missing the playoffs altogether. If that worst case scenario occurs, this would be the worst ending to a Bengals season in my lifetime. And I've been alive for all of them. I don't even want to think about it.

Edit - Make that, "Worst ending to a Bengals regular season" in my lifetime. Surely nothing can ever top the last second SB loss the the Niners.
    Nah, the worst was when Marvin's team folded when Kimo shredded Carson's knee. Nothing will top that debacle to an end of a season.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Stafford and Romo appear to be separated at birth. Switch the helmets and it's the same guy.

For the record I'd take Stafford and Romo over Dalton in the next 3-4 years.

Give me Romo. In his so called 2 biggest 'choke jobs' of games this year, Romo threw for over 850 yards and 7 TD's (3 INTs) with no run game whatsoever. Stafford has Calvin Johnson at his disposal and Dalton has infinitely more tools than both.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I agree things got much worse for us this weekend, but in your scenario, provided the Bengals beat the Vikings (which is not a given right now), wouldn't the Dolphins need to win both their games (the Buffalo game is on the road) to tie the Bengals (and win the tiebreaker)?
    You are correct. That casts things in a much better light.

The game to watch is Balt/NE.

Week 17 against Baltimore could present a crazy all-or-nothing scenario for the Bengals. If:

- Miami beats Buffalo and NYJ
    - Baltimore beats NE
    - and Cincy beats Minnesota...

...then the Bengals game against Baltimore the last week would mean that a win would give them the #2 seed and a bye and a loss would knock them out of the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I know one year has nothing to do with another, but for the past two plus decades it's what teams from this city (heck, this state) do.

Cough. Cough.

As for Schwartz, his stud receiver turning into Braylon Edwards and a kicker knocking one from 61 can't be all on him. Got to admit, that was a Bengal/Brown kind of loss. Maybe it was the fact that the Bengals needed Lions to win that infected them. Strange.
    There was a lot more to that game than that. There were penalties, turnovers and overall poor play. It's what losing teams do

Turn Off Ads?