Turn Off Ads?
Page 58 of 68 FirstFirst ... 848545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

Re: 2013 Bengals Discussion (Part 3)

When did the NFL start having a Pro Bowl?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Umm ... 5 Browns named to the Pro Bowl, but only two Bengals? I didn't think the Pro Bowl could become an even bigger joke than it already was, but somehow it has.
    Really? Every one of those guys deserved it.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Really? Every one of those guys deserved it.
    I'd say the Browns that got picked are pretty good. They can't help it if the rest of the team stinks. I wouldn't mind if no Bengals were playing if they have a more important engagement to attend to.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    When did the NFL start having a Pro Bowl?
    I seem to remember some game where NFL players put on red and blue uniforms and played half speed. Maybe that's the one.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

If they want full speed.....or not half A type game.......make any player who is injured seriously, like it affects him playing next year......make whatever contract he has become guaranteed through the life of it or have the player take out insurance on himself. Keep Playing the PB after the super bowl.

While we are at it.... get rid of all divisions. Play 16 games, all Home/Away within your conference and that way you determine best teams in the conference with Top 8 playing in the playoffs. Best record vs 8th best. Home field advantage still stands, no bye weeks.

Make rosters 60 man squads, all available to play......this way injured players are not still out there getting more injured. NO Thursday games, except for Thanksgiving. Make games on saturdays like they used to in the last month of the season when the college season was ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I'd say the Browns that got picked are pretty good. They can't help it if the rest of the team stinks. I wouldn't mind if no Bengals were playing if they have a more important engagement to attend to.
    Last year the Chiefs had more than that on a 2-14 team. Now there was a Punter and ST player....but this year they have less players on it.

The Bengals are a more complete team like this anyways. Before it was 4-6 Pro Bowlers but below average players here and there. Now..... maybe Center is below average but usually Cook is at least average. Everything else is pretty above average....more depth on this team then I have seen on any bengals team.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I seem to remember some game where NFL players put on red and blue uniforms and played half speed. Maybe that's the one.
    I don't think I've ever watched a Pro Bowl. It's a joke. And the MLB AS game has been heading in the same direction for years IMO. I don't watch them.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-29-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Last year the Chiefs had more than that on a 2-14 team. Now there was a Punter and ST player....but this year they have less players on it.

The Bengals are a more complete team like this anyways. Before it was 4-6 Pro Bowlers but below average players here and there. Now..... maybe Center is below average but usually Cook is at least average. Everything else is pretty above average....more depth on this team then I have seen on any bengals team.
    I would say #2 WR, CB and SS are the only non-special teams
    positions where the Bengals are below average. I would've said SLB earlier in the year but Harrison has come on in the second half of the season.

FB too if you count that as a position. To this day the decision to keep Orson Charles over the Terminator still baffles me.
    Go BLUE!!!

Hope we win, but most important thing is to stay as healthy as possible. With all of these games with playoff implications this week it's awesome to already have our division wrapped up. Ending the regular season by ending Baltimore's season would be the cherry on top.

Newman Gresh and Eifert all out today. Will need Sanu or Baby Hawk to step up in a major way to keep the safeties honest over the middle. Otherwise they will be able to take AJ out of the game, and we'll be in trouble.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Newman Gresh and Eifert all out today. Will need Sanu or Baby Hawk to step up in a major way to keep the safeties honest over the middle. Otherwise they will be able to take AJ out of the game, and we'll be in trouble.
    Predict 5/60/1 for Hawkins with Hawkins playing 50% of the snaps.

Also, predict 100+ TotYds and a TD for both Gio and Green.

Bengals win, 37-24.

Fall just short of 40+ at Home for the 4th straight game.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 12-29-2013 at 12:57 PM.

Awesome start. I like it. Think it wakes them up.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Why does Gruden never establish the run? Dalton is always a better QB when they get the run game going. Starting off with big passing plays tends to end badly. Sometimes I wonder if he's become infected with Bratkowski-itis.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

See what happens when you mix in some running into the offense? Sets up the TD pass. That's what I'm talking about!

With all the injuries at TE, it might be wise to run some two back sets with the Law Firm and Bernard out there, especially with Bernard as a good pass catching back. It would make it more difficult to guess inside run, outside run, or pass.

Turn Off Ads?