Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Who will get Choo?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Who will get Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Just about every player is all about the $. That's not shocking in the slightest. The system baseball has created (keeping down payroll artificially while a player is in the minors and in his first years of ML service time) encourages a player to grab for the cash and big contract at his first opportunity.

It's silly to expect a player not to maximize his own personal value when he has an opportunity to do so. This "He's all about the $" stuff is just ignorant, IMO.
    Well, thanks for suggesting I am ignorant. Appreciate it.

But anyway, all I'm saying is that despite thoughts to the contrary, Choo is not going to take less to sign with the Reds or whomever, no matter the chance of winning. I agree that money is a huge driving factor, but I do think there are actually players out there who take into consideration other things. Obviously, it is a balance -- and in this case, it has been tipped in the favor of $.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Likes:

757690 (12-11-2013)

Turn Off Ads?