Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Who will get Choo?

Re: Who will get Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    What's up with this places obsession with Jose Bautista? This has been going on for seriously the last 3-4 years.
    He'll provide good run production at GABP and at 2 years 28 million would be a bargain to what Choo will get. Also moves Joey out of the 4 hole.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    He'll provide good run production at GABP and at 2 years 28 million would be a bargain to what Choo will get. Also moves Joey out of the 4 hole.
    Since when has Joey hit in the 4 hole?
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

4. Likes:

joshua (12-11-2013), Larkin Fan (12-13-2013)

Taking stock of the Shin-Soo Choo market
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...oo-choo-market

Given all that we know about Choo's usual suspects and what they must do in order to position themselves to sign him, is it the Rangers who have both the clearest need (Michael Choice in left?) and the fewest impediments? Texas also boasts a front office that's canny enough to recognize how valuable a player like Choo is. The not-privy-to-anything guess here is that the Rangers are the team best positioned to ink the best player left on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Since when has Joey hit in the 4 hole?
    My bad I meant to say it would give Joey protection in the 4 hole. Might take some of the pressure to produce rbi's off of him.

Quote Originally Posted by SidneySlicker View Post
    My bad I meant to say it would give Joey protection in the 4 hole. Might take some of the pressure to produce rbi's off of him.
    True. I think Bautista is a decent target, actually. I just agree with 44 that he is a bit of RZ obsession over the past 3-4 years.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

True. I think Bautista is a decent target, actually. I just agree with 44 that he is a bit of RZ obsession over the past 3-4 years.
    Understood. I haven't been one banging down the door for Bautista, but if Choo is seeking 6 or 7 years I'd much rather have 2-3 years of Bautista at a lesser price.

9. Likes:

Old school 1983 (12-11-2013), RedEye (12-11-2013)

https://twitter.com/ctrent

Walt on Choo - ‘i think we have to move on’

Asking $22M/per according to Ft Worth newspaper. I don't blame Walt at all.

I wonder what Cruz would cost?
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Asking $22M/per according to Ft Worth newspaper. I don't blame Walt at all.

I wonder what Cruz would cost?
    Cruz was asking for 4-75 early on. Not sure if that's changed or not.

MLB Network Radio ‏@MLBNetworkRadio 2m

Scott Boras calls Shin-Soo Choo a rare talent, says he doesn't necessarily need to sign with a 2014 contender AUDIO: http://bit.ly/J71unJ
    Retweeted by Lance McAlister
    Translation -- Choo is all about the $, folks. The Reds never stood a chance.

I think the actual translation is Choo's market is not breaking the way Boras had hoped. It's also starting to look like instead of Ellsbury setting the market for Choo, what it achieved was removing a major suitor for Choo. Essentially Boras had a major conflict of interest and he prioritized Ellsbury.

Now Boras is reduced to throwing out absurd numbers and pretending Choo could sign anywhere in the hopes it shakes one organization free of its senses.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I think the actual translation is Choo's market is not breaking the way Boras had hoped. It's also starting to look like instead of Ellsbury setting the market for Choo, what it achieved was removing a major suitor for Choo. Essentially Boras had a major conflict of interest and he prioritized Ellsbury.

Now Boras is reduced to throwing out absurd numbers and pretending Choo could sign anywhere in the hopes it shakes one organization free of its senses.
    True. But both meanings could be involved. That is, Choo has told Boras that he's not happy with where things stand and that he no longer really cares if he signs with a good team as long as the money is there.

Eh. I think it's more Boras isn't getting the offers he wanted, so he's trying to make it clear to everyone Choo will sign anywhere to drive the price up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Just about every player is all about the $. That's not shocking in the slightest. The system baseball has created (keeping down payroll artificially while a player is in the minors and in his first years of ML service time) encourages a player to grab for the cash and big contract at his first opportunity.

It's silly to expect a player not to maximize his own personal value when he has an opportunity to do so. This "He's all about the $" stuff is just ignorant, IMO.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

18. Likes:

New Fever (12-11-2013)

At what point is enough $$ enough?

Turn Off Ads?