Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Pico Hired As Pitching Coach

Jeff Pico Hired As Pitching Coach

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...-prices-staff/

Pico and Price were in Arizona at the same time.

Pico, 47, has spent the last 11 years in the Diamondbacks organization. He was the team’s minor league field coordinator each of the last two years and was pitching coordinator in 2010-2011. Pico also interviewed for the Phillies’ vacant pitching coach position.

http://www.antiochsportslegends.com/jeff-pico

http://www.greatest21days.com/2010/1...tunned-82.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jeff Pico Hired As Pitching Coach

On May 31st, 1988, Jeff Pico threw a 4 hit shutout against the Reds in his Major League Debut

4. Likes:

bigredmechanism (11-17-2013)

Glancing through the thread title, I read Jeff's last name as "Piecoro" and had a mini heart attack.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

6. Likes:

Crumbley (11-12-2013),Larkin Fan (11-13-2013),LexRedsFan (11-13-2013),Ravenlord (11-14-2013),Tom Servo (11-12-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyInTheBank View Post
    On May 31st, 1988, Jeff Pico threw a 4 hit shutout against the Reds in his Major League Debut
    I think that's in the resume of every failed a Cubs starter from the 80's and 90's.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Bell, Long, Pico...these guys' names are going to be four-letter words as soon as the Reds have their first two game losing streak.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

9. Likes:

757690 (11-12-2013),Billy Hamilton's Legs (11-14-2013),George Anderson (11-12-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (11-13-2013),reds44 (11-17-2013)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Bell, Long, Pico...these guys' names are going to be four-letter words as soon as the Reds have their first two game losing streak.
    New blood. I'm kinda liking it.

And you're right.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I think that's in the resume of every failed starter to face the Reds from the 80's and 90's.
    Fixed that for you
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

12. Likes:

757690 (11-12-2013)

kal daniels had a hit

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Very pleased with these additions. These are quality coaches. Pico will maintain and augment what Price put in place with the pitching staff. ELATED to see that Power was not given the job and Jenkins was not promoted. Whew! Don Long is a very good hitting coach and I'll be interested to see how he helps this crew in making adjustments.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

15. Likes:

Mario-Rijo (11-13-2013),Plus Plus (11-13-2013),Tom Servo (11-13-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Very pleased with these additions. These are quality coaches. Pico will maintain and augment what Price put in place with the pitching staff. ELATED to see that Power was not given the job and Jenkins was not promoted. Whew! Don Long is a very good hitting coach and I'll be interested to see how he helps this crew in making adjustments.
    Glad to see you are in agreement. That helps me feel better about it.

You still in Tampa?
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr View Post
    Glad to see you are in agreement. That helps me feel better about it.

You still in Tampa?
    Yeah my thoughts exactly, I respect TC's opinion a great deal.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

The best thing about about Jeff Pico as pitching coach is that he isn't Mack Jenkins or Ted Power
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

"So Fla Red"

The third straight pitching coach with a "P" for a last name. Must be part of the requirement. Ted P-ower must have thought he had it in the bag.

Dick Pole still goes down as the greatest name in baseball history.

Jeff treadway did not get a hit in the pico shutout

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    Glancing through the thread title, I read Jeff's last name as "Piecoro" and had a mini heart attack.
    I did the same thing. I wish I could've seen my face afterward.

Turn Off Ads?