Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 - 2014 UC Basketball

2013 - 2014 UC Basketball

Am I the one really starting this thread? Tried looking for another one, but only found 12-13.

With that said, good win today, huh?

2. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-12-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2013 - 2014 UC Basketball

Mick will have the luxury all season of choosing an opposing player and having him not score. Titus Rubles is that good of a defender. Oh, and #JustinJacksonMeanFace played one of his better games today. Really solid performance after two silly fouls early in the 1st half.

They're going to be a solid team that will continue to improve as the youngsters get time on the court.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

After a less than stellar start, I was impressed that the defense clamped down for most of the second half. They won't be top tier or anything, but I'd be surprised if that NC State finishes 10th in the ACC as the "experts" projected.

Rubles is a totally different player. You can tell he put in a lot of work since last season.

As usual I think we'll go through serious scoring droughts with this team, but we are going to be really hard to score on.

7. Likes:

Boss-Hog (11-14-2013)

Other than putting the ball through the hoop, we're really good at this basketball stuff.

Retired

Getting tired of Cronin. He's never had a team that's played any offense at all. Part of that is poor coaching, the other is poor recruiting.

I'd be curious what would score more points in 40 minutes. Running offensive sets, or giving the ball to Kilpatrick and letting him throw up shots every possession.

11. Likes:

dougdirt (12-18-2013)

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Does anyone know where they sell these throwback Oscar Robertson jerseys I've been seeing on campus the past week? Looks like they're made by Adidas so they're not authentic throwbacks or anything.

Hey guys we won! If we hold all of our opponents in the 40's, I feel pretty good about our season!

14. Likes:

dougdirt (12-18-2013),Stray (12-18-2013)

Great defensive win. But can we please stop dribbling the ball around the 3 point line. We got to the line 3 times. And this is with the new touch foul rules. They get the ball and immediately dribble looking to pass instead of anything else. I used to think shaq was going to be awesome. I dont think that anymore. He cant make layups and he turns the ball over way too much. Sanders...i dont even know anymore. He used to be able to knock down a 3. Hes missed every open 3 hes taken the last few games...and by alot .Rubles should never take a jumper use the pump fake and continue to get inside. The bigs need to stop coming all the way out to the 3 point line to catch the ball. If you cant receive the ball around the free throw line go set a pick and try again. If you get the ball at the 3 point line you arent doing any good. You eventually just give it back to the guard who has to move further away from the basket to get the ball back. This is a Great Defensive team who relys on getting points off turnovers, but scoring other than that is hard to come by. Someone has to step up and make some shots...And with SK getting triple teamed hes doing all he can by giving to the open man. Sanders needs to knock down those shots. No excuse. TC might be the guy to carry this team on his back

Pitt with 11 field goals the entire game.

They out-Bearcatsed the Bearcats by going without a field goal for a stretch of 13:43.

Incredible.

17. Likes:

dougdirt (12-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Pitt with 11 field goals the entire game.

They out-Bearcatsed the Bearcats by going without a field goal for a stretch of 13:43.

Incredible.
    They went over 8 minutes in the first half without a FG and over 13 minutes in the 2nd half without a FG. We still needed a put back with less than 5 seconds to win the game lol.

I'm not even sure what to make of that.

Aw yea nice win today!

20. Likes:

Boss-Hog (01-05-2014)

Bearcats topple #18 Memphis on the road by a 69-53 margin. Nice. I will be in the building on Tuesday against the Houston Cougars. Houston just knocked off UConn a couple of nights ago at home, so it should be an interesting contest.
    Last edited by texasdave; 01-04-2014 at 02:13 PM.

As a Xavier fan I can't believe the lack of interest from Bearcat fans this year. You all have a very nice team. Maybe this win will get some people on the bandwagon.

Turn Off Ads?