Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Re: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Another aspect to keeping Bailey: Stephenson is "more ready" in 2015 than if he were called into duty in 2014. I'll try to add that as c) above.

2. Turn Off Ads?

On the Royals RP for BP, there could be something to build if you wanted to.

Crow/Hochevar, Colon, Cuthbert for Phillips?

On trading Bailey, it would take an overpay for me to want to part with him.

Questions over the health of Cueto, Latos, Cingrani. The departure of Arroyo, and the unknown of Chapman to rotation, makes me think there are more questions than we may be willing to admit, in regards to the team's pitching heading into 2014.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-26-2013)

What do people think of falling back on Granderson if Choo is gone? Very similar circumstances, he'd move to LF soon enough. He could lead off or hit 6th. He could hit 30-40 hr. Sign for 4 years. Instead of the 20th and 36th pick, they'd just have the 36th pick next year in the draft. That's the biggest downside, but could be parlayed into a bargain type deal. 15 million per over 4 years with 5th year 2 million dollar buyout-ish.

7. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    What do people think of falling back on Granderson if Choo is gone? Very similar circumstances, he'd move to LF soon enough. He could lead off or hit 6th. He could hit 30-40 hr. Sign for 4 years. Instead of the 20th and 36th pick, they'd just have the 36th pick next year in the draft. That's the biggest downside, but could be parlayed into a bargain type deal. 15 million per over 4 years with 5th year 2 million dollar buyout-ish.
    This is good thinking. But given draft choice compensation, Granderson might be cheaper than that.

Would allow Reds some payflex to add still another player as well.

Given Granderson's injury situation and draft choice comp, maybe $12 million per year over three or four years.

Good thought IMO.

9. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-26-2013)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...edium=facebook

Rockies Talking Trade With Angels, Royals
    By Zach Links [November 26, 2013 at 12:42pm CST]
    After making strong plays for free agents Jose Dariel Abreu, Brian McCann, and Carlos Ruiz, the Rockies are searching hard for impact bat and relief help. The Rockies have talked with the Angels about slugger Mark Trumbo and called the Royals about their surplus of relievers, according to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post.

Trumbo, of course, will be hard to pry away and has drawn interest from several clubs in need of a power bat. A deal with KC might be easier to swing, writes Renck, as Colorado's main trade piece, center fielder Dexter Fowler, could be a fit in Kansas City. Opposing execs have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Fowler and they've already talked with Carlos Gonzalez about playing in center if necessary.

Royals relievers Aaron Crow and Tim Collins are reportedly "very available" via trade, and Wade Davis could be a trade candidate after the signing of free agent starter Jason Vargas. Both Crow and Collins are headed into the first year of arbitration eligibility and MLBTRs Matt Swartz projects them to earn $1.9MM and $1MM, respectively. Davis will make $4.8MM in 2014 and has three club options for 2015 through 2017. Renck adds that the Rockies attempted to acquire Davis from the Rays multiple times prior to his inclusion in last winter's James Shields-Wil Myers blockbuster.

Fowler was hampered by multiple hand injuries in 2013 and he started just three games in September because of a knee injury. Fowler, who will make $7.35MM this season, posted a .263/.369/.407 slash line in 2013.
    .369 OBP would look nice at the top of the line-up. How well do the Reds/Rockies match up?

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...edium=facebook

.369 OBP would look nice at the top of the line-up. How well do the Reds/Rockies match up?

I think that depends on if they have interest in BP.

I'd do Phillips/Hanigan for Fowler/LeMahieu.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

13. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (11-26-2013)

The Royals are talking about trading those bullpen arms to get down to $85 mil. I do not see how they would be interested in Phillips.

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Rockies interested in moving Fowler for bullpen arms? How about Hoover/Heisey for Fowler. Hoover has value as a cheap cost controlled late inning reliever and Heisey provides a cheap stopgap for them in CF. If they want more throw in a low ceiling prospect with a couple tools.

Sounds lowball offer but Heisey put up a 1.2 WAR in only 244 AB's last year and Hoover is on the fast track to closer status.

Ryan Hanigan's agent: "Very, very good chance" Hanigan will be traded and wrist, he's been rehabbing it, almost 100%. #RedSox #MLB #Reds
    Any way we can get Jackie Bradley Jr out of them, or is that way too much?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Jackie Bradley Sr. is more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I'd start off by asking for one of Bradley, Garin Cecchini or Mookie Betts. The Sox probably will insist they don't want to move any of those three, but the Reds probably have a healthy market for Hanigan. For the moment they can demand a high OB, rock solid defensive catcher is worth a hot prospect.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

19. Likes:

Edd Roush (11-26-2013)

I'd start off by asking for one of Bradley, Garin Cecchini or Mookie Betts. The Sox probably will insist they don't want to move any of those three, but the Reds probably have a healthy market for Hanigan. For the moment they can demand a high OB, rock solid defensive catcher is worth a hot prospect.
    I've been hoping for Betts. I doubt they could pry away Bradley or Cecchini. But with Pedroia at 2B, Betts may be possible. I'm afraid they'll settle for a lesser guy like Brian Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    I've been hoping for Betts. I doubt they could pry away Bradley or Cecchini. But with Pedroia at 2B, Betts may be possible. I'm afraid they'll settle for a lesser guy like Brian Johnson.
    So Fangraphs is projecting Hanigan for 2+ WAR next year. How often can a team acquire an elite defensive catcher with 2 years of team control left that is only owed 2 million next year? Are we fans unaware of how valuable Hanigan potentially is?

EDIT: it's only one year of control
    Last edited by mdccclxix; 11-26-2013 at 05:01 PM.

Turn Off Ads?