Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Re: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It's reported that Arroyo wants 3 years at $27M. Would it be such a bad thing for the Reds to explore re-signing him to a 2/$20M plus a 3rd year option with a big buyout (like $4M or so) that vests on innings pitched? Having Arroyo back in the fold would definitely add some flexibility to the pitching staff next year for sure.
    Only if Bailey is traded for a masher.

Otherwise the money could be better spent on offense.
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Only if Bailey is traded for a masher.

Otherwise the money could be better spent on offense.
    Bailey and Hanigan for Sano, Doumit and Dozier? Sign Beltran. Then maybe Phillips to NY for Nova if they don't re-sign Cano?

Man it's fun being a fantasy hot stove league owner.
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. -- Terrance Mann (Field of Dreams)

It's reported that Arroyo wants 3 years at $27M. Would it be such a bad thing for the Reds to explore re-signing him to a 2/$20M plus a 3rd year option with a big buyout (like $4M or so) that vests on innings pitched? Having Arroyo back in the fold would definitely add some flexibility to the pitching staff next year for sure.
    I wouldn't mind something like you suggest, especially if there's several million in deferred dollar included.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Pure speculation or are there some rumblings?
    Mainly speculation on my part. But educated speculation, if there is such a thing.

Rox are looking to trade Fowler for pitching, including a closer. Fowler is a guy that could flex between CF and LF and I know Walt has been interested...
    Go BLUE!!!

Mainly speculation on my part. But educated speculation, if there is such a thing.

Rox are looking to trade Fowler for pitching, including a closer. Fowler is a guy that could flex between CF and LF and I know Walt has been interested...
    This sounds like complete speculation.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...ls-royals.html

After making strong plays for free agents Jose Dariel Abreu, Brian McCann, and Carlos Ruiz, the Rockies are searching hard for impact bat and relief help. The Rockies have talked with the Angels about slugger Mark Trumbo and called the Royals about their surplus of relievers, according to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post.

Trumbo, of course, will be hard to pry away and has drawn interest from several clubs in need of a power bat. A deal with KC might be easier to swing, writes Renck, as Colorado's main trade piece, center fielder Dexter Fowler, could be a fit in Kansas City. Opposing execs have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Fowler and they've already talked with Carlos Gonzalez about playing in center if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...ls-royals.html

After making strong plays for free agents Jose Dariel Abreu, Brian McCann, and Carlos Ruiz, the Rockies are searching hard for impact bat and relief help. The Rockies have talked with the Angels about slugger Mark Trumbo and called the Royals about their surplus of relievers, according to Troy E. Renck of the Denver Post.

Trumbo, of course, will be hard to pry away and has drawn interest from several clubs in need of a power bat. A deal with KC might be easier to swing, writes Renck, as Colorado's main trade piece, center fielder Dexter Fowler, could be a fit in Kansas City. Opposing execs have said for weeks that the Rockies are open to trading Fowler and they've already talked with Carlos Gonzalez about playing in center if necessary.
    Fowler for Butler seems pretty obvious, doesn't it, with Butler going to 1b (probably the only position he could passably play)?
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. -- Terrance Mann (Field of Dreams)

Fowler for Butler seems pretty obvious, doesn't it, with Butler going to 1b (probably the only position he could passably play)?
    When they talked about Phillips possibly going to KC, Butler was one of the pieces that I'd consider. If they got him, I'd flip him to an AL team that needed a 1B/DH. I was thinking Texas at the time with Bailey for Profar and a young pitcher - that was before the Fielder deal though.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 11-27-2013 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    When they talked about Phillips possibly going to KC, Butler was ohne of the pieces that I'd consider. If they got him, I'd flip him to an AL team that needed a 1B/DH. I was thinking Texas at the time with Bailey for Profar and a young pitcher - that was before the Fielder deal though.
    Until the Fielder deal, I had thoughts along similar lines.

Joey Votto during 2013 was a perennial Gold Glove handyman, compared to Butler in the field.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Nolasco signed with the Twins. It will be interesting to learn the details of the contract. It will be a good baseline for what Arroyo can ask for.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Brendan Ryan just got 2 years and 5 million (along with a player option that can take the deal to 10 million over 3 years).

The money is just crazy in baseball now that all this tv revenue is running wild. We all are probably just going to have to get used to the figures.

Nolasco got $52M over 4 years. Similar to Peralta. I'd much rather have Nolasco.

Edit: it now looks like it's 4 years, $49M. Less than Peralta'a.
    Last edited by 757690; 11-27-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Any thoughts on Stephen Drew? The other thread says he hasn't seen much interest, which could keep the price down. You could then shift Cozart to 2B if you trade Phillips, or just keep him on the bench and dump some of Heisey/Paul/Hannahan.

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Any thoughts on Stephen Drew? The other thread says he hasn't seen much interest, which could keep the price down. You could then shift Cozart to 2B if you trade Phillips, or just keep him on the bench and dump some of Heisey/Paul/Hannahan.
    He'd be an upgrade at 3 years for $25 Million or so. He probably gets twice that though with an added year.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?