Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Re: Unofficial Hot Stove News and Rumor Discussion Thread

Wonder if Kinsler needed a former teammate on the Tigers.. Well he got one as the Tigers agree to a 2 year deal with Jow Nathan.

Every year seems like the same.. Teams just keep on improving and the Reds sit back.. Watch football.. Shoot parcheesi and send a few familiar faces to the Duke Convention Center and out on a bus and call it a winter...

No way am I saying the Reds should of signed Nathan.. Just seems like every year we dumpster dive and fall face first in the postseason..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sorry to see Gentry go to the A's. Would love to have seen him take Heisey's place on the bench.
    Sabermetrics can be boiled down to this simple truism: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

Quote Originally Posted by OneManBand View Post
    Wonder if Kinsler needed a former teammate on the Tigers.. Well he got one as the Tigers agree to a 2 year deal with Jow Nathan.

Every year seems like the same.. Teams just keep on improving and the Reds sit back.. Watch football.. Shoot parcheesi and send a few familiar faces to the Duke Convention Center and out on a bus and call it a winter...

No way am I saying the Reds should of signed Nathan.. Just seems like every year we dumpster dive and fall face first in the postseason..
    Didn't you see? Hanigan has been traded for David Price. I swear! I heard it on Twitter.
    Sabermetrics can be boiled down to this simple truism: A batter's goal is to extend the inning. Extend enough innings and you're going to score runs. Extend more innings than your opponent and you're going to score more runs than him.

If, as it seems, the Skankees land Ellsbury, does that make Gardner more available (and possibly more of a target for the Reds).

Just A Couple Johnny's OneManBand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    If, as it seems, the Skankees land Ellsbury, does that make Gardner more available (and possibly more of a target for the Reds).
    Hearing they'd move him to LF and Sori to RF.. still plan on retaining Cano once Cano can bridge the 80 Million dollar gap.

The thought of Soriano in RF is painfully funny.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

8. Likes:

PepperJack (12-03-2013), REDREAD (12-04-2013)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...oles-rays.html

Whenever there's a trade that fans perceive as being one-sided, fans will often wonder why their team didn't get involved in negotiations. The beginning of a recent SportsNet.ca interview with Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos shows why that might not be as easy as it sounds. Anthopoulos says Tigers GM Dave Dombrowski told him that the Jays simply didn't have the players he wanted in a trade for Doug Fister. Detroit eventually sent Fister to the Nationals for Ian Krol, Steve Lombardozzi and Robbie Ray. That Dombrowski apparently didn't think the Blue Jays could beat that package might seem surprising, but it appears the Tigers simply had a very clear idea what they wanted, and it wasn't possible for the Jays to enter a higher bid. Here are more notes on the AL.
    While we as fans(myself included) get caught up in what each player is worth in trade, I think what happened here is the likely reason most trades do, or don't get done.

It really just depends on what the other organization thinks of a certain player.(ex. Didi)

10. Likes:

pahster (12-05-2013), thatcoolguy_22 (12-04-2013), Tom Servo (12-04-2013)

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PepperJack View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/1...oles-rays.html

While we as fans(myself included) get caught up in what each player is worth in trade, I think what happened here is the likely reason most trades do, or don't get done.

It really just depends on what the other organization thinks of a certain player.(ex. Didi)
    Not to mention, I doubt before all trades are made an announcement is made stating, "The best offer right now is Krol, Ray, and Lombardozzi. Going once... Can anyone beat the Nats? Going Twice... Still looking for a better roleplayer than Lombardozzi. And... Sold"
    "Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

12. Likes:

REDREAD (12-05-2013), Tom Servo (12-04-2013)

With Ellsbury in the fold, the Yankees have no plans to trade Brett Gardner, reports Andrew Marchand of ESPN New York. Instead, they'd like to play both of them at the top of the Yankees' batting order.
    Despite already having a relatively crowded outfield, with Alfonso Soriano and Ichiro Suzuki along with Ellsbury and Gardner, Andy McCullough of the Star-Ledger writes that the Yankees could still pursue Shin-Soo Choo, primarily as a backup option if Robinson Cano goes elsewhere. Such a move would make a Gardner trade more likely, McCullough writes.
    Choo has plenty of interest now that Ellsbury is off the board, tweets Yahoo!'s Tim Brown. Brown guesses that the Rangers are favorites to sign Choo.
    Sounds like Cano to the Mariners could open things up for Phillips to the Yanks, possibly for Gardner. Losing Cano, not just for 2014 but beyond, would leave the Yanks without much option at 2b. Most of the top 2b have signed or been moved during this off season, not counting Kendrick, who could also figure in the Yankees' plan.

Aoki to Royals for a great bullpen lefty seems like a nice deal for them. However Reds can expect a lot of Will Smith vs. Bruce/Votto unforunately next season against the Brewers. Lefties only had .204 OBP vs him last season.

I wish we could have Aoki but I'm just glad he's out of the NL Central.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (12-05-2013), Edd Roush (12-05-2013), HeatherC1212 (12-05-2013), marcshoe (12-05-2013), PepperJack (12-05-2013), Revering4Blue (12-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    Sounds like Cano to the Mariners could open things up for Phillips to the Yanks, possibly for Gardner. Losing Cano, not just for 2014 but beyond, would leave the Yanks without much option at 2b. Most of the top 2b have signed or been moved during this off season, not counting Kendrick, who could also figure in the Yankees' plan.
    The Yankees have said that they're not trading Gardner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I wish we could have Aoki but I'm just glad he's out of the NL Central.

I do think the price would have been higher to get him in division, but I too have been a fan.

According to Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes, the Mariners have let Robinson Cano know that they would be willing to give him a 10-year contract worth between $230-240 million.

I'm rooting for the M's to sign Cano. It would be an overpay, but he's just significantly better than anybody else Seattle has.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

20. Likes:

PepperJack (12-05-2013), thatcoolguy_22 (12-05-2013), villain612 (12-06-2013), VottoFan54 (12-07-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm rooting for the M's to sign Cano. It would be an overpay, but he's just significantly better than anybody else Seattle has.
    Honestly, I think that deal would cost him the HOF. The reality for any hitter going to Seattle is it will punish your numbers and that team isn't likely to win anything anytime soon. Too bad because it's a great city. I only sign that contract if I'm Cano if I don't mind being rich and irrelevant.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Turn Off Ads?