Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I'd lawyer up if I were completely innocent and being accused of such a thing. Hell, I'd lawyer up especially if I were innocent. But that's just me.
    Exactly. The best way to be falsely convicted is to talk with detectives for hours on end without representation.

It's why the accuser's story was rejected....the prosecutor couldn't figure out which one to go with.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Is it any more horrible to suggest that the Tallahassee PD is giving Winston special treatment? Because that seems to be the theme in this thread.

Jameis Winston= Guilty until proven innocent. I think people want to see a star athlete fall, as long as they don't wear Scarlet & Gray.
    That's not what I said at all if you look back a few posts, right before the announcement. I would rather it be the truth that whatever happened, it was not an assault and the two young people take care of their own character issues that led to this incident in the first place. Regardless of whether the culture accepts gratuitous sex between acquaintances, or because they are "dating," that doesn't mean its a wise choice. Obviously its a story because of who Jameis Winston is, but that doesn't mean the moral issues of the whole mess change.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Interesting read in the link below. I know it's deadspin and I'm not posting it because I agree with the author and think Winston guilty. I don't have an opinion either way, and it's clear from the author's back story that she is going to be inclined to fall on the side of the accuser in these cases.

But it is a different perspective on how the process works and why so many women don't follow through with the legal process. Also, it's the first I've read about some of the other evidence.

http://deadspin.com/why-i-believe-ja...ser-1479782169
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

5. Likes:

New York Red (12-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Interesting read in the link below. I know it's deadspin and I'm not posting it because I agree with the author and think Winston guilty. I don't have an opinion either way, and it's clear from the author's back story that she is going to be inclined to fall on the side of the accuser in these cases.

But it is a different perspective on how the process works and why so many women don't follow through with the legal process. Also, it's the first I've read about some of the other evidence.

http://deadspin.com/why-i-believe-ja...ser-1479782169
    Agree, well that is how system normally works

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Now why would I have sympathy for unmarried college students having sex and it ending up being a national story? If you don't want to be a news story, don't sleep around. If you don't want to pay half a million a year in child support, don't sleep around. At least that's what I'd be telling these young men if I were their coach.
    So it's a moral judgment -- if you choose to engage in sex, be prepared and accept the fact that someone can ruin your life with a mere allegation of rape?

Come on.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    In the presser today, didn't Meggs clearly state they wanted to interview Winston, but he declined? That doesn't sound like full cooperation to me. If he's not Jameis Winston, no way this plays out the same way. The result likely would have been the same, but the handling of it? No chance.
    You'd be a certifiable fool to give an interview to the police without counsel present if you're being accused of a rape offense.

Many of these types of cases are highly charged, emotionally -- and there are definitely places where the mere allegation of rape plus some corroborating facts (facts you might provide in a statement you think is a claim of innocence) are enough for a D.A. to seek an indictment.

Once someone has been identified as a suspect, police interviews are designed to build cases and gather evidence against people, not eliminate them from consideration.

9. Likes:

dabvu2498 (12-10-2013)

Just saw this on Twitter:

Melanie Michael ‏@WTSPMelanie

BREAKING: Just spoke with family of Jameis Winston's accuser. Her lawyer plans to hold presser Friday. Family says, "It's gonna be good."

Well, reviewing an article on the attorney's comments, it is an attack on the investigation. Gee, that's a bombshell.

What is sad is that the article is the accused's current side of the story, so USA Today attaches Jameis Winston's "career highlights" pics at the bottom of the article, lest we forget that he is a star football player for the top-ranked and NC favorite team. Very poor taste.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

FSU under investigation for handling of Jameis Winston case"
    The U.S. Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights has opened an investigation of Florida State University into whether its handling of the Jameis Winston rape allegations violated Title IX laws, according to a letter confirming the decision that was obtained by USA TODAY Sports.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ights/7262359/
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Crab legs. Lol
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Free Seafood University.

Name:  BmeiXAvCEAAFN8A.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  37.5 KB

I think this probably means that FSU isn't paying him....

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Oh dear lord. What an idiot. NFL teams don't want guys with character issues. Winston is costing himself millions with this petty crap.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Oh dear lord. What an idiot. NFL teams don't want guys with character issues. Winston is costing himself millions with this petty crap.
    What happened? A booster give him a free meal at Red Lobster?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?