Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Accidental or not, there's a price to be paid for being a lunkhead in a... umm... fishbowl.

Having said that, after getting past the reflexive defensiveness/finger-wagging, the memes and comments on this are hilarious. There's something inherently ridiculous about nationally-televised press conferences over $32 in seafood anyway, so may as well have fun with it.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    What happened? A booster give him a free meal at Red Lobster?
    Got cited for leaving a grocery store with a bunch of crab legs without paying for them.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

He stole from a Publix...that's pure evil.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Got cited for leaving a grocery store with a bunch of crab legs without paying for them.
    Maybe he thought it was part of the NCAA's new food allowance to the athletes. He may have thought he could go into any store and pick out what wanted and not pay for it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

My wife and I were grocery shopping one day and checking out using a U-Scan aisle. I thought she paid, she though I paid, and we both walked out without paying. We didn't notice until we were in the car driving away. She ran back in and paid the bill. I am not saying Winston did this (I think he decided to use the Peter Warrick 5 finger discount) but it is possible that you can leave a grocery without paying.

When I was in college 15 years ago, I lived next to a large grocery store. I needed shaving cream, and a couple other small things. I didn't get a cart, put the shaving cream in my winter coat pocket as I got some bread and lunchmeat. I paid for the bread and lunch meat, went home, and then the next day realized that I had the shaving cream still in my coat pocket, and had not paid for it. I didnt go back, because I figured I would get in trouble, or one of the poor workers would get in trouble for not seeing me. 15 years later I remember stealing $1.99 worth of shaving cream.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/co...icle-1.1801658

Looks like somebody didn't learn their lesson.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

21 hours? coming out when suspended fully dressed was stupid, I wonder if he thought they would just put him in because of who he is.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    21 hours? coming out when suspended fully dressed was stupid, I wonder if he thought they would just put him in because of who he is.
    Someone please give me hope FSU will get desparate and put him in in the second half. I want to see all hell break loose with the talking heads if that happens...is he eligible?

12. Likes:

Razor Shines (09-20-2014)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Here's a different perspective on the whole Jameis Winston and FSU situation.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Well, that certainly was different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

No bias there
    Go Gators!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Well duh.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

I'm a Florida State guy, and even I thought that article was over the top.

Having said that, the reaction to the latest incident was also over the top. I had no problem with him being suspended -- eventually, being a recidivist lunkhead had to have consequences -- but like with the stuff happening in the NFL, it became a hot-take cesspool, with people competing to be the most outraged. That's why I rolled my eyes at the SEC conspiracy thing (even if some of the hottest takes on FSU routinely come from people employed by the SEC Network). It's just the way the media operates today and it's up to Winston to stop giving them ammo.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Turn Off Ads?