Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 249

Thread: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

  1. #61
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Was listening to local Sports talk here in Jax on Friday. The radio guy is a FSU grad. Don't know if he really has sources, but he says there are pictures up all over the web if you know where to look, that show the accuser and Winston both before and after the incident.

    He says Winston and the girl had a ongoing romantic relationship before and after, and this occurred because Winston had a fling with an ex-girlfriend.

    A local lawyer who was on as part of a "courts and sports" recurring segment, says if there are picture of them socializing after..... this thing is dead.

    The local guy says he expects this to be dropped by Wed.
    I don't understand why such pictures would kill this thing. Why couldn't it be date rape?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #62
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Well that hasn't happened yet, and the fact the accuser hasn't pursued this since being pressured to drop it nine months ago, tells me this probably isn't similar to the Duke lacrosse thing.
    I agree with you that it does not look like this is another Duke lacrosse thing

  4. #63
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,711

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with you that it does not look like this is another Duke lacrosse thing
    Plus, his contact wasn't because she was a stripper.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  5. #64
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,889

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't understand why such pictures would kill this thing. Why couldn't it be date rape?
    I am hypothesizing here, but I don't think to many women are going to be raped and know about it (where as a date rape drug may leave them without the knowledge of it happening), then continue to hang out with that person beyond the incident. Since this woman had an rape kit done on her, she clearly knew it happened at the time and thus knew who it was who did it. Why would she have continued to hang out with or be around this person?

  6. #65
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,134

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I am hypothesizing here, but I don't think to many women are going to be raped and know about it (where as a date rape drug may leave them without the knowledge of it happening), then continue to hang out with that person beyond the incident. Since this woman had an rape kit done on her, she clearly knew it happened at the time and thus knew who it was who did it. Why would she have continued to hang out with or be around this person?
    Well, to be fair, he shrunk 6 inches the night he allegedly raped the accuser. It's possible that she didn't recognize him, especially after he grow another 6 inches the next day.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  7. #66
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,134
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  8. #67
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    9,571

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't understand why such pictures would kill this thing. Why couldn't it be date rape?
    Because you don't continue to socialize with someone who raped you. We'll see where this goes, but if there are pictures of them socializing after the event (which I have never seen) I doubt seriously there is a indictment.

  9. #68
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,711

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Well, to be fair, he shrunk 6 inches the night he allegedly raped the accuser. It's possible that she didn't recognize him, especially after he grow another 6 inches the next day.
    DNA.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  10. #69
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,134

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    DNA.
    Proves what? The answer to why she continued to hang out with someone who supposedly raped her is DNA? Her genes made her do it?
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  11. #70
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,711

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Proves what? The answer to why she continued to hang out with someone who supposedly raped her is DNA? Her genes made her do it?
    You were poking fun at the height discrepancy, which is rendered moot because of the DNA. The only question is consensual vs. forced, not that he was the one, is my understanding at this point.
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  12. #71
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,134

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    You were poking fun at the height discrepancy, which is rendered moot because of the DNA. The only question is consensual vs. forced, not that he was the one, is my understanding at this point.
    So if the question is one of consensual versus forced, the credibility of the accuser is paramount, right? So if the accuser associated with the accused both before and after the nght in question, it's first, puzzling why she couldn't give an accurate discription of Winston and it's puzzling why she'd continue to socialize with him after the night in question, if indeed Winston actually did rape her.

    So no, DNA doesn't render the height issue moot. The height issue cuts to the very heart of the issue of "consensual or forced". It's actually the DNA that is completely moot because Winston acknowledges the two had sexual contact and he argues the contact was consensual.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  13. #72
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    18,711

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    So if the question is one of consensual versus forced, the credibility of the accuser is paramount, right? So if the accuser associated with the accused both before and after the nght in question, it's first, puzzling why she couldn't give an accurate discription of Winston and it's puzzling why she'd continue to socialize with him after the night in question, if indeed Winston actually did rape her.

    So no, DNA doesn't render the height issue moot. The height issue cuts to the very heart of the issue of "consensual or forced". It's actually the DNA that is completely moot because Winston acknowledges the two had sexual contact and he argues the contact was consensual.
    It isn't moot when that's only his side of the story. It puts him there and now makes the DA have to consider the issue. Unless he is turning himself in and pleading guilty, why would he say anything but that?
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  14. #73
    Five Tool Fool jojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    19,134

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    It isn't moot when that's only his side of the story. It puts him there and now makes the DA have to consider the issue. Unless he is turning himself in and pleading guilty, why would he say anything but that?
    The DA had to consider the issue anyway. You know who was the least excited to get the DNA results? The DA. Why? Because the results didn't tell him a single thing that he didn't already know. Both individuals have already conceded that sexual contact had occurred.

    If the DNA results help anyone it's Winston. He's maintained that sexual contact occurred all long. The accuser on the other hand, did know who she had sex with until she later knew it was Winston.

    You've kind of argued yourself into a corner on this issue and I'm not sure why you chose to do so.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

  15. #74
    I hate the Cubs LoganBuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,242

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    On this Winston thing, until someone announces actual charges, it is all crap. The rule of thumb for all of these stupid NCAA related events is that 75% of what is reported is made up behind some random fanatics keyboard. It gets out on the internet, and then you have "pictures that can be found if you know where to look". If a sports figure or team is involved, reason and fact checking go out the window. Has it even been actually confirmed that the DNA was Winston's? The media ran with that all last week. Seriously.

    Auburn, Ohio State, Oregon, even Penn State, Kobe Bryant, Ben Rapistburger, what was actually confirmed never added up to the initial furor. Remember that someone reported that Joe Paterno made the coaches all shower at the same time, together, for bonding? That was like a whole week of crap. Even the stupid Teo fake girlfriend thing was embellished. How many people has Aaron Hernandez been accused of killing?
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

  16. #75
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    8,174

    Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    On this Winston thing, until someone announces actual charges, it is all crap. The rule of thumb for all of these stupid NCAA related events is that 75% of what is reported is made up behind some random fanatics keyboard. It gets out on the internet, and then you have "pictures that can be found if you know where to look". If a sports figure or team is involved, reason and fact checking go out the window. Has it even been actually confirmed that the DNA was Winston's? The media ran with that all last week. Seriously.

    Auburn, Ohio State, Oregon, even Penn State, Kobe Bryant, Ben Rapistburger, what was actually confirmed never added up to the initial furor. Remember that someone reported that Joe Paterno made the coaches all shower at the same time, together, for bonding? That was like a whole week of crap. Even the stupid Teo fake girlfriend thing was embellished. How many people has Aaron Hernandez been accused of killing?
    http://espn.go.com/college-football/...inston-accuser

    Believe what you like. I think things are just a bit farther along than "crap" at this point. Winston may be innocent, but there is smoke at this point. Nothing more, nothing less...but certainly more than a fanatic's typing.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25