Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

Re: Things Getting Ugly in Tallahassee

^^^

What they've said above. If they are going to charge him and put him under arrest, his lawyers will be made aware of it, and likely it will be taken care of this morning, prior to the news conference. That nothing has been leaked as of 9:30 est that Winston is going to be charged, my guess is that the prosecuter will decide he doesn't have enough evidence to move forward and considers the case closed pending any future developments.

They won't announce at 2:00 that they are going to press charges, then hire Dog the Bounty Hunter to track Winston down. If we don't hear rumors soon, I'd be shocked if he was charged with anything @ 2:00.

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-05-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Apparently they met at a bar , had some shots, and he dropped her off on a scooter.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Heard on the radio on my lunch break that the FSU team, including Winston, was in flight to Charlotte for the ACC championship game. I think that pretty much guarantees nothing is going to happen. I just hope the media is going to be allowed to ask questions at the presser. That police department has a lot to answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Heard on the radio on my lunch break that the FSU team, including Winston, was in flight to Charlotte for the ACC championship game. I think that pretty much guarantees nothing is going to happen. I just hope the media is going to be allowed to ask questions at the presser. That police department has a lot to answer to.
    If the prosecutor's office wasn't trying to be as transparent as possible, they could have simply penned a press release.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

7. Likes:

Chip R (12-05-2013)

I have a feeling this will be like the Ben Roethlisberger presser. Winston will be condemned but the state's attorney's office will not have enough evidence to prosecute.

Where there will always be some that blame him no matter what, I expect this to be the opposite, that most reasonable people will come to the conclusion that he is innocent.

If there was not evidence of an assault, I will be happy if that is indeed the truth. I hope the truth, whatever that was, was found. I hope it was just unfounded charges by the other party for whatever reason, if that is what the truth is. If she was assaulted and the truth was not found in the evidence, for whatever reason, it's too bad that he did not admit he was guilty.

Guess we'll see where its going here in 15 minutes.
    Last edited by traderumor; 12-05-2013 at 02:12 PM.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

11. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (12-05-2013)

Reds Fan Since 1971

That was a very uncomfortable press conference with all the jokes and laughing. I know where my daughter will not be going even though her mom spent three years there.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

14. Likes:

New York Red (12-05-2013)

famous jamis is no longer infamous???

No matter the truth, either Jamis' name has been dragged thru the mud for no legall wrong doing on his end (morally is perhaps another question) or the accuser's life has likely been made a living hell while the other guy got off.

In the end, there are no winners here, I just hope the decision to not press charges is the correct decision, I doubt we'll ever know for sure. I'm glad a decesion was made prior to this weekend though. Would certainly be a shame for him to be charged and declared inelgible after the ACC championship game and prior to their bowl game.

Assuming Jamis goes on to win the Heisman now and get a spot in the national title game, gonna be interesting how it affects his "banquet table" month before the bowl game. Typically Heisman winners struggle in their bowl games partially due to all of the travel and banquets they have to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Where there will always be some that blame him no matter what, I expect this to be the opposite, that most reasonable people will come to the conclusion that he is innocent.
    I think most reasonable people won't conclude guilt or innocence, just as the State Attorney's office didn't. Willie Meggs clearly stated that they didn't charge Winston because they didn't feel they had enough evidence for a conviction. So, now that we know that, it would be silly for any reasonable person to conclude innocence or guilt.

What I don't get is, how the police chief can stand in the background smiling and laughing throughout this press conference. Regardless of the outcome, you'd think there'd be a little more professionalism. But then again, considering how the PD handled this from the beginning, I shouldn't be surprised at the joviality being displayed now.

17. Likes:

Chip R (12-05-2013),Roy Tucker (12-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I think most reasonable people won't conclude guilt or innocence, just as the State Attorney's office didn't. Willie Meggs clearly stated that they didn't charge Winston because they didn't feel they had enough evidence for a conviction. So, now that we know that, it would be silly for any reasonable person to conclude innocence or guilt.

What I don't get is, how the police chief can stand in the background smiling and laughing throughout this press conference. Regardless of the outcome, you'd think there'd be a little more professionalism. But then again, considering how the PD handled this from the beginning, I shouldn't be surprised at the joviality being displayed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    That was a very uncomfortable press conference with all the jokes and laughing. I know where my daughter will not be going even though her mom spent three years there.
    Yea, it sure does show disrespect to the accuser, who has maintained that it was an assault. Not a good time for snicker, snicker, wink, wink.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

One thing we know from the presser that I didn't know before hand was that there was more than 1 male's DNA in the garments tested.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

I have no dog in this fight, I just think the whole thing is a shame. Only Jameis Winston knows what really happened, and I suppose it comes down to whether you want to believe he acted appropriately or not. I really don't know but either way, it is something that will stay with him and the girl for the rest of their lives, all because of one night.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    One thing we know from the presser that I didn't know before hand was that there was more than 1 male's DNA in the garments tested.
    We know a couple other things...One is that she was intoxicated and it did hurt her case

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    If this gal was intoxicated it'll be harder for the prosecutor to get a conviction. As will the fact that she initially opted to not press charges
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Her family has argued that she was not.

This is how:

In the warrants released Thursday, the woman said she had five to six shots at a Tallahassee bar and that her memory was “broken from that point forward"...Meggs said that the accuser's lack of memory was problematic in the case. "She can't remember some of the things," he said.

Turn Off Ads?