11 28.21%
  • Georgia vs Florida

0 0%
  • Other. Please Explain

0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Rivalry in College Football

Re: Biggest Rivalry in College Football

Does your rivalry ever have someone shoot a fellow fan because they're "not upset enough" over their team losing? No? You lose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

2. Likes:

Sea Ray (12-03-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Had to find a rival you guys could actually beat once in awhile?
    Check the record bud, lucky for you guys that Muschamp came along
    Go Gators!

I have quite few friends who attended Auburn. The hatred they have for Bama is amazing.

This is basically an Ohio State site, so I'm not surprised by the results. I think it would be more accurate if you couldn't vote for your own school. I would vote Alabama/Auburn in football well ahead of anyone else, even though Ohio State and Dayton were my second favorite schools when I was growing up. The Bama/Auburn winner has won the last four national championships. That's kind of tough to top. You also have the same state angle. That automatically gets the edge over rivals from different states. When do OSU and Michigan fans ever encounter each other? I would think it's rare.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    This is basically an Ohio State site, so I'm not surprised by the results. I think it would be more accurate if you couldn't vote for your own school. I would vote Alabama/Auburn in football well ahead of anyone else, even though Ohio State and Dayton were my second favorite schools when I was growing up. The Bama/Auburn winner has won the last four national championships. That's kind of tough to top. You also have the same state angle. That automatically gets the edge over rivals from different states. When do OSU and Michigan fans ever encounter each other? I would think it's rare.
    Toledo, OH

Metro Population: aprox 650,000

Closer to Ann Arbor than Columbus - basically split right down the middle between UM and OSU.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Toledo, OH

Metro Population: aprox 650,000

Closer to Ann Arbor than Columbus - basically split right down the middle between UM and OSU.
    I find that really hard to believe. (The split right down the middle part)
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

I find that really hard to believe. (The split right down the middle part)
    I lived in toledo until I was 27. Did you?

I lived in toledo until I was 27. Did you?
    Easy, big guy. I didn't call you a liar. Just wondering how you determined the split right down the middle part. I have been to, and through, Toledo several times. I don't recall a lot of Michigan fans. Did they grow up there or are they drawn to the area for economic reasons? It just seems odd that an Ohio city would be half Michigan fans when those states don't even border each other. Agreed?

It just seems odd that an Ohio city would be half Michigan fans when those states don't even border each other. Agreed?
    Um, what? No, I do not agree - how do you not know Ohio and Michigan share a border?

Toledo is ipart of why there is such a big rivalry:

conflict between the states is restricted primarily to the Michigan–Ohio State rivalry in American football;[52] the Toledo War is cited as the origins of the animosity represented in today's rivalry.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toledo_War

You want to talk about animosity between two fanbases? There was an actual "war" at the origin of the UM/OSU rivalry.

Toledo is right on the border of Michigan. You can get to UM from Toledo in less than an hour. It takes a little over 2 hours to get to Columbus from Toledo.

I grew up in the 90s surrounded by many Michigan fans. You go to any sports bar on a saturday and there are usually as many UM fans as OSU.

12. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-04-2013)

I spent considerable time in Toledo when I was younger. It's absolutely a Michigan town as much as OSU.

And this is definitely not an OSU site. There are just as many, if not more, people who passionately dislike the Bucks than are fans.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-04-2013), RedTeamGo! (12-04-2013)

Doh ... I forgot about that stretch of Ohio/Michigan border. Hard to believe I grew up a huge geography nerd, eh?

I even dated a girl from Perrysburg for a couple years. I'll just assume I developed temporary brain damage during this thread.

Doh ... I forgot about that stretch of Ohio/Michigan border. Hard to believe I grew up a huge geography nerd, eh?

I even dated a girl from Perrysburg for a couple years. I'll just assume I developed temporary brain damage during this thread.
    My GF (now wife) lived in Perrysburg too. If we ever move back to the Toledo area we will definitely live in Pburg, such a nice town. Ever go to Swig in downtown Pburg?

My GF (now wife) lived in Perrysburg too. If we ever move back to the Toledo area we will definitely live in Pburg, such a nice town. Ever go to Swig in downtown Pburg?
    It's been almost 25 years, so I don't remember much about the town. I know in the summer we spent a lot of time on her dad's boat. I don't even remember the name of the river. It was an Indian name, I think. Maumau?

A Little to the Left Redsfaithful's Avatar

that an Ohio city would be half Michigan fans when those states don't even border each other.
    What

Oh, whoops didn't see this was already brought up.
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
    --Oscar Wilde

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

It's been almost 25 years, so I don't remember much about the town. I know in the summer we spent a lot of time on her dad's boat. I don't even remember the name of the river. It was an Indian name, I think. Maumau?
    The Maumee: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maumee_River

I had a streak of 15 years or so when I went walleye fishing there. Haven't been there in a few years.

GL

Turn Off Ads?