Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

USC just hired Steve Sarkisian to replace Lane Killin. Looks like they're going to stay within the Pete Carroll family tree. Pretty underwhelming hire IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Most hires are underwhelming nowadays. There wasn't a home run out there. Bill Cowher wasn't going to leave his cushy broadcasters chair. My guess is most of the country thought Auburn's hire of Gus Malzahn was underwhelming at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Most hires are underwhelming nowadays. There wasn't a home run out there. Bill Cowher wasn't going to leave his cushy broadcasters chair. My guess is most of the country thought Auburn's hire of Gus Malzahn was underwhelming at the time
    Neither was Jon Gruden.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    USC just hired Steve Sarkisian to replace Lane Killin. Looks like they're going to stay within the Pete Carroll family tree. Pretty underwhelming hire IMO.
    I think he's done a good job at U Dub and is a good choice for USC

Lateral hire at best compred to just keeping Orgeron.
    Go Gators!

7. Likes:

NDRed (12-02-2013)

Orgeron needs to strike while the skillets hot. He might have to take the Florida Atlantic job to prove Ole Miss was a fluke.

Grobe turned down higher profile jobs but after 10 years I guess it got old.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Coach O is the definition of "not ready for prime time."
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Anyone who follows the SEC knows that Malzahn ran that team, not Gene Chizik.

As for Sark, he's Lane Kiffin without the drama. I was expecting a departure from the Pete Carroll era, but I don't think there was really a big name out there.

If Ed Orgeron doesn't end up with a head coaching job, I wouldn't mind UK hiring him as an associate head coach to Stoops. Orgeron has the experience recruiting and coaching in the SEC and would be valuable, even if he was only in Lexington for a year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

A good site for coaching carousel rumors/news.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Anyone who follows the SEC knows that Malzahn ran that team, not Gene Chizik.

As for Sark, he's Lane Kiffin without the drama. I was expecting a departure from the Pete Carroll era, but I don't think there was really a big name out there.

If Ed Orgeron doesn't end up with a head coaching job, I wouldn't mind UK hiring him as an associate head coach to Stoops. Orgeron has the experience recruiting and coaching in the SEC and would be valuable, even if he was only in Lexington for a year or two.
    I think Sark is a very good choice. He's done a wonderful job at UW. I think USC will be pleased with him

"So Fla Red"

Sark may do well, but is a meh hire for USC.

With Florida, USC and Texas (most likely) having jobs filled for next season expect the floodgates to open at the next level of programs that would have had to compete with those plum jobs. Nebraska I am talking about you...

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Jay Bilas ‏@JayBilas 18h
    USC hires a coach, under contract, from its league: http://es.pn/19dusJ9 No tampering, no sitting out a year...that's only for the players
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

I'm sure USC got permission from UW to interview him. If not then he's got quite a scoop. Otherwise, there's nothing to see here

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

I'm sure USC got permission from UW to interview him. If not then he's got quite a scoop. Otherwise, there's nothing to see here
    That wasn't really the point...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    That wasn't really the point...
    It's either tampering or it's not

Turn Off Ads?