Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Re: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Florida's not getting rid of Muschamp (this year).

Their AD Foley is playing a dangerous game... he could be run out of town with Muschamp if they have another season like this one.

Muschamp has gotta be one of the most stubborn men I've ever seen... his press conferences are almost always combative. Be really interested to see if he actually allows the UF offense to open up. Trying to play Bama style football with Florida athletes was a dumb idea from the start and I don't believe it was all the offensive coordinator's doing.

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-03-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Their AD Foley is playing a dangerous game... he could be run out of town with Muschamp if they have another season like this one.

Muschamp has gotta be one of the most stubborn men I've ever seen... his press conferences are almost always combative. Be really interested to see if he actually allows the UF offense to open up. Trying to play Bama style football with Florida athletes was a dumb idea from the start and I don't believe it was all the offensive coordinator's doing.
    Spot-on.

Boise State's offenses were very creative under Pease; it made no sense to go the conservative route with athletes far better than what Pease had to work with at Boise State.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

JMO, but I think one of the points Bilas was making was coaches can go from school to school and don't have to sit out a year while student players do.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (12-03-2013),cumberlandreds (12-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    JMO, but I think one of the points Bilas was making was coaches can go from school to school and don't have to sit out a year while student players do.
    I think you're absolutely right. I think it should be harder to get out of these contracts especially before Bowl games

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

I really don't see anybody who could do better than Muschamp right now. There isn't an Urban Meyer in Utah type of coach available who is a home run hire.

This year, unless Saban leaves for Texas is going to be kinda meh. If that happens, I could see Alabama handing over the reins to Kirby Smart. Next year could have some big openings with Nebraska, Florida, and West Virginia possibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I really don't see anybody who could do better than Muschamp right now. There isn't an Urban Meyer in Utah type of coach available who is a home run hire.
    That's the general thinking around Gator land to defend Foley, to me it's dead wrong, a bad coach is a bad coach and Muschamp is bad, I'd take any number of guys over him such as Franklin from vandy, Hudspeth from ull, DeRuyter at Fresno, Strong or even Fedrora from unc who a lot of people think will be the guy provided he bounces back next year.
    Go Gators!

Man I feel old. Sark was the QB at my school when I was a student.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    That's the general thinking around Gator land to defend Foley, to me it's dead wrong, a bad coach is a bad coach and Muschamp is bad, I'd take any number of guys over him such as Franklin from vandy, Hudspeth from ull, DeRuyter at Fresno, Strong or even Fedrora from unc who a lot of people think will be the guy provided he bounces back next year.
    Completely forgot about Charlie Strong. Don't know if he would leave Louisville after turning down jobs last year but with Touchdown Teddy leaving it would be the perfect time to jump ship.

If that happens, dare I say Bobby Petrino back to Louisville?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Little bit more Saban to Texas rumors on the interwebs tonight

"So Fla Red"

The message boards are lit up with Saban to Texas tonight. Seems to be a lot of smoke.

When Saban leaves he leaves like a thief in the night - just ask MSU, LSU and Dolphin fans. Saban is still hated in the Miami market for the way he left the Dolphins (emphatically denying he was taking the Bama job until he was on the plane ride out of town). Not that he was a good coach in Miami as he pretty much sucked, but even here in the scam capital of America he was perceived as a complete slime ball. Not an easy thing to accomplish.

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Not that he was a good coach in Miami as he pretty much sucked, but even here in the scam capital of America he was perceived as a complete slime ball. Not an easy thing to accomplish.
    I seem to recall he was pretty well regarded in his brief NFL stint. He took over a Miami team that had fallen flat on it's face the year before and led them to a surprising 9-7 record, though they did follow it up with a disappointing 6-10 year mostly caused by the incorrect assumption that 29 year old Daunte Culpepper hadn't just turned into a total pumpkin overnight.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

"So Fla Red"

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I seem to recall he was pretty well regarded in his brief NFL stint. He took over a Miami team that had fallen flat on it's face the year before and led them to a surprising 9-7 record, though they did follow it up with a disappointing 6-10 year mostly caused by the incorrect assumption that 29 year old Daunte Culpepper hadn't just turned into a total pumpkin overnight.
    The Dolphins had some good seasons before Saban but fell apart the year before he was hired. To be fair his stay was so short he gets an incomplete although from what I remember the 2007 season was a grease fire given expectations and the Culpepper roller coaster. During Saban's stay was the famous Culpepper over Brees decision by the medical staff.

However he crossed Wayne Huizenga on the way out of Dodage, lying to him on several occassions that he was staying which pretty much makes him persona non grata down here.

Gary Pinkel to UW?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Gary Pinkel to UW?
    Seems like he would be trading down.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?