Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Re: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    A Wayne Woodrow Hayes classic...

That School Up North
    Good stuff. When I was in elementary school, our grade took a field trip to Ohio State. We met Woody Hayes and had lunch with Archie Griffin and Cornelius Greene. To this day, still one of the great sports days of my lifetime.

I remember being totally in awe of Cornelius Greene's afro.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

2. Turn Off Ads?

Saban to Texas sounds like a done deal.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

Where are you hearing that?
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

from rotoworld

The website Inside Texas reported on Thursday night that Alabama head coach Nick Saban will be announced as Longhorns' coach after the season.
    We don't generally print rumors like this, but the Internet lit up with chatter over this report. There's been smoke surrounding the Saban-to-Texas rumors since The Associated Press reported that Saban's agent met with Longhorn regents in January. In a web chat on Thursday, an IT writer with the pen name Jesus Shuttlesworth told premium subscribers that he believes Mack Brown will announce his resignation before the team's season-ending banquet. The writer later added, "Chancellor at Bama says Saban to Texas. That's the big news." It's important to note that no other media outlet has substantiated this report, though SI.com reported on Friday that Brown's status as Longhorns head coach is "up in the air."
    I just think there's way too much smoke here for there not to be fire.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

And now there are reports of Saban signing an extension with Alabama. Perhaps Jesus Shuttleworth should stick to trying to get that basketball scholarship...

Edit: The source on that is an Alabama message board, so who knows how accurate that is. I officially give up on trying to figure out the latest.

This is what happens in the social media age. You never know who to believe.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

8. Likes:

Tom Servo (12-06-2013)

North Dakota State's Craig Bohl has accepted the Wyoming job.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Changing the landscape of CFB one coaching vacancy at a time.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

11. Likes:

oregonred (12-11-2013)

Boise grabbed former OC and current Arkansas State coach Bryan Harsin.

"So Fla Red"

Rumors have an OSU assistant as the likely BGSU choice. Fickell (I hope) or Stan Drayton.

Drayton also in the mix for the FAU gig which is likely to have an OSU connection as the President of FAU has OSU ties.

I can't see Fickell getting either of these gigs.

Meanwhile the Saban saga continues...

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I still cannot believe he took this job. Unless Saban goes to Texas, Wyoming is going to be the runaway winner of this year's coaching carousel.

"So Fla Red"

I think Bohl couldn't handle the bright lights of North Dakota State. A state with less population and a laid back mountain lifestyle may be more his style

16. Likes:

Tom Servo (12-12-2013)

I think Nebraska should have canned Pelini and hired Bohl. That's more in line with the type of job I thought Bohl would be able to get given what he's done with the Bizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I still cannot believe he took this job. Unless Saban goes to Texas, Wyoming is going to be the runaway winner of this year's coaching carousel.
    Bohl said he's taken the program as far as they could go. Some believe that he was hinting that NDSU should move up to FBS and because they aren't, he's taking his talents to Laramie. Doubt if money is the issue since ND is flush with this new oil money. Perhaps, like Saban, he wants a new challenge.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Yay!

I knew nothing about Bohl til I googled him when he got the Wyoming job. In his 5th and 6th year, he went 5-6 and 3-8. If he did that at Nebraska (or maybe even Wyoming), he's probably out of a job.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?