Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Re: College Football Coaching Carousel 2013

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I knew nothing about Bohl til I googled him when he got the Wyoming job. In his 5th and 6th year, he went 5-6 and 3-8. If he did that at Nebraska (or maybe even Wyoming), he's probably out of a job.
    In his 4th and 5th years they went 10-1 and won national titles. In his 5th year they moved up from Division II to Division I-AA.

Wait, I have that wrong. The 6th year is when they joined the Missouri Valley for football. Still a huge transition, but not the one I thought it was.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 12-11-2013 at 02:49 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Bohl said he's taken the program as far as they could go. Some believe that he was hinting that NDSU should move up to FBS and because they aren't, he's taking his talents to Laramie. Doubt if money is the issue since ND is flush with this new oil money. Perhaps, like Saban, he wants a new challenge.
    I read that his NDSU salary was just over $200k, and the guy Wyoming just canned was making more than $1 million. So I think money probably was a big part of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    In his 4th and 5th years they went 10-1 and won national titles. In his 5th year they moved up from Division II to Division I-AA.

Wait, I have that wrong. The 6th year is when they joined the Missouri Valley for football. Still a huge transition, but not the one I thought it was.
    And let's not forget that we're talking about North Dakota State here. North Dakota isn't exactly bustling with urban activity. And try convincing a kid he should go there for school. Of course, that only adds to the confusion over the Wyoming job. Seems like it would have a lot of the same obstacles.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Yay!

Learn something new every day. Hmm.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I read that his NDSU salary was just over $200k, and the guy Wyoming just canned was making more than $1 million. So I think money probably was a big part of this.
    Wyoming is gonna pay Bohl $750K a year and incentives could bump it up to $1.2M. I'm sure the NDSU boosters could either come close or match that. But if they aren't going FBS and there are no more worlds to conquer at FCS, going to a job in FBS - even one as mediocre as Wyoming - is something to seriously consider. Over half the teams in FBS make it to a bowl. For a program like Wyoming, even the crappy bowls are better than nothing.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Boise grabbed former OC and current Arkansas State coach Bryan Harsin.
    Three years running of losing their coach to someone else.
    Go Gators!

"So Fla Red"

UConn hire Notre Dame's Defensive Coordinator Bob Diaco. Michigan State's Pat Narduzzi pulled himself out of the running.

Probably more conversation here on NDSU football since the advent of the internet age...
    Last edited by oregonred; 12-12-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Miami U. already hired Notre Dame's offensive coordinator... why all of the demand for ND coordinators???
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by oregonred View Post
    Probably more conversation here on NDSU football since the advent of the internet age...
    I'm guessing K-State fans spent a lot of time talking about NDSU football on the Internet after losing to them this year.

11. Likes:

oregonred (12-12-2013), Revering4Blue (12-12-2013)

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Three years running of losing their coach to someone else.
    UK offensive coordinator Neal Brown has been mentioned for the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"So Fla Red"

Mack Brown Alamo Bowl press conference at the same time the Texas Board of Regents and President are meeting.

I still cannot believe he took this job. Unless Saban goes to Texas, Wyoming is going to be the runaway winner of this year's coaching carousel.
    I can't speak to much of the ND St. coach, but maybe he wasn't really a consideration for a big time job. Maybe he views Wyoming as a stepping stone job to a Pac 10 school in the near future.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Looks like Mack Brown is stepping down after all. My money is on Art Briles after they get rejected by Urban Meyer.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

"So Fla Red"

Partridge in a Pear Tree for FAU. Current Arkansas DL and former Wisconsin coach Charlie Partridge offered the job. Local product from Plantation Florida. Pretty much a meh hire down here, but with local ties...

Stan Drayton RB Coach from OSU was one of the finalists. Good news for OSU that Drayton looks to be staying another year.

"So Fla Red"

I think Franklin from Vanderbilt will be high on Texas wish list. The options seem to dwindle quickly with many of the key targets not appearing to be in play (Shaw, Sumlin, Briles, Malzahn, Satan, etc.).

Bill O'Brien from PSU getting NFL interest from at least two teams including the Texans. Would be a big loss for Penn State.

Turn Off Ads?