Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: RIP Little Buddy

For a Level Playing Field

Re: RIP Little Buddy

I wonder... 20 years ago who would have predicted Todd Bridges would be the only surviving member of the "Different Strokes" Drummond family. And Edna (Charlotte Rae), the original maid, would still be kicking at the age of 87 and outlive Arnold (Gary Coleman).

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maude: dead. Maude's husband, the original Bill Macy: still alive at 91.

"I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

For a Level Playing Field

Good Times... all of them are alive except the mother, Florida Evans (Esther Rolle). Interesting to note that Esther Rolle was 19 years older than her co-star husband James Evans (Jim Amos) in real life. Even the neighbor lady, Willona, and the maintenance man, Bookman, are alive. And of course we know Janet Jackson is still gracing this earth with spectacular halftime shows and such.

5. Likes:

Dom Heffner (12-04-2013),Revering4Blue (12-04-2013)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Estelle Getty, the youngest of all the Golden Girls, was actually the first one of them to pass away several years ago. All of the ladies except for Betty White are now deceased which always makes me sad since they were almost like extra grandmas to me growing up. I watched that show every Saturday night with my mom's mom but now most of the ladies are gone and both my grandmas are gone now too.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-04-2013),Dom Heffner (12-04-2013),Revering4Blue (12-04-2013)

Betty White will outlive us all.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Have you all heard about Laura Palmer? Hopefully it'll be a quick investigation.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

10. Likes:

Dom Heffner (12-04-2013),Tom Servo (12-04-2013)

I am now writing the 82nd post in this thread. I searched for the original thread about Denver's death: 20 posts.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...illigan&page=2

The legend grows.

Gilligan: dead. Zach Galligan from "Gremlins": not dead. (He's 49 - whaaat?!)

Last edited by RichRed; 12-04-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

13. Likes:

Dom Heffner (12-04-2013)

Not dead: Frances Oldham Kelsey, age 99

Who?

She was the pharmacologist at the FDA in charge of review of Thalidomide. She refused to approve it despite tremendous industry pressure. If you were born in the US in the late 50's or early 60's you may owe Frances your ten fingers and ten toes.

L. Ron Hubbard died in 1986. I just found out this morning and thought of this thread.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Here's a tidbit about Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) from imdb. Unlike the other castaways, she made millions off the re runs.

It has long been stated that the entire cast of "Gilligan's Island" never received residuals beyond the first four reruns of each episode. This was true for the entire cast except Dawn Wells. When the show was picked up by CBS and Dawn was cast to replace Nancy McCarthy, she was married to her agent at the time. In her original contract she was to be paid $1200 per week plus the residual contract the six other castaways received. Her husband/agent said that should the show become successful Dawn would not benefit from receiving such a limited residual option. Believing the show would flop, the CBS executives humored Dawn and her husband and put a clause in her contract giving her long-term residuals should the show ever syndicate. As a result from that clause Dawn has made literally millions of dollars as the years have gone by from syndication of "Gilligan's Island". This was never public knowledge. Dawn and series creator Sherwood Schwartz are the only individuals to profit long-term from the series.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

17. Likes:

cumberlandreds (12-04-2013),RBA (12-12-2013),RedFanAlways1966 (12-04-2013),Revering4Blue (12-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Here's a tidbit about Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) from imdb. Unlike the other castaways, she made millions off the re runs.
    They thought Mary Ann was a naive farm girl, but really she was a sly fox.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Kevin Tighe - alive
    Randy Mantooth - alive
    Julie London - dead
    Bobby Troup - dead
    Robert Fuller - alive

Name that show without googling it!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

20. Likes:

RedFanAlways1966 (12-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Kevin Tighe - alive
    Randy Mantooth - alive
    Julie London - dead
    Bobby Troup - dead
    Robert Fuller - alive

Name that show without googling it!
    Emergency?