Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanigan to Rays, David Holmberg to Reds, PTBNL to Arizona

Re: Hanigan to Rays reportedly

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Kids I'd be interested in from the Rays system - Enny Romero, Jesse Hahn and Ryan Brett. Hak-Ju Lee would be interesting dependent on how his knee is recovering from ligament damage. In fact, Lee would be my primary target if his prognosis is promising.

Beckham is the kind of player JimBo used to have a fetish for (hype>>>performance).
    I do not even think there is hype with him anymore. Been a couple seasons since he has been on any top 100 prospect lists. He is a 23 year old with bad k rates in minors. Will be lucky to carve out a career as a utility guy probably.

2. Turn Off Ads?

My guess, a minor league arm with upside who doesn't need to be put on the 40 man yet.
    Last edited by lollipopcurve; 12-03-2013 at 01:21 PM.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

4. Likes:

RadfordVA (12-03-2013)

If it's a three team deal, it's hard to predict who is going where. Hanigan may be a smaller piece in a larger deal.

nm
    Last edited by AmarilloRed; 12-03-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: old prospect list

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Rays To Acquire Ryan Hanigan

By Zach Links [December 3 at 11:38am CST]

The Reds are trading catcher Ryan Hanigan to the Rays, sources tell Ken Rosenthal and Jon Paul Morosi of FOX Sports (Twitter link). The swap could be a three-way deal.

It was expected that Cincinnati would move Hanigan since they agreed to a two-year deal with Brayan Pena. The 33-year-old had the worst season of his career in 2013, batting just .198/.306/.261 and tying a career-low with two home runs. MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz projects Hanigan to earn $2.3MM through arbitration this offseason, which won't break the bank for the cost-conscious Rays.

Hanigan will give the Rays three catchers with Jose Lobaton and Jose Molina already in the fold. Molina is staying in Tampa Bay after agreeing to come back on a two-year, $4.5MM deal last month.

Hanigan has long been known as a patient hitter that is tough to strike out, as evidenced by a career 12 percent walk rate and 10.1 percent strikeout rate. He also has a reputation as a solid defensive backstop, having led the league in caught-stealing percentage in 2013 (45 percent) and 2012 (48 percent).

Oakland reportedly the 3rd team. Time to look at their prospects haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    But his performance still isn't terrible. OBP close to .350 in the minors with a little power. I'd be up for taking a flyer on him at the cost of Hanigan.
    He lacks the power, speed or glove to be truly interesting. He's got a low ceiling. I'd prefer a kid who offered more in the way of potential impact.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Will Carroll just put it out that he is hearing that Oakland is involved in a three way deal.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Quote Originally Posted by RadfordVA View Post
    Oakland reportedly the 3rd team. Time to look at their prospects haha
    Coco Crisp maybe? The A's could be looking to shed payroll with their recent Jim Johnson/Scott Kazmir signings.

Brett Anderson was available... Or so I read. But that doesn't seem to jive with Ryan Hanigan.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Will Carroll just put it out that he is hearing that Oakland is involved in a three way deal.
    Hearing Josh Reddick...

According to my barber...

14. Likes:

REDREAD (12-03-2013)

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Buster Olney: Ryan Hanigan will get multi-year deal as part of this trade to the Rays...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

A Dude in the Bushes RedTeamGo!'s Avatar

Oakland and Tampa are two of the smartest/best ran orgs in baseball - anyone else think Uncle Walt is about to be taken behind the woodshed?

17. Likes:

WillRich (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Oakland and Tampa are two of the smartest/best ran orgs in baseball - anyone else think Uncle Walt is about to be taken behind the woodshed?
    Wait, just yesterday he was screwed because he couldn't unload him.

19. Likes:

757690 (12-03-2013), Big Klu (12-03-2013), Caveat Emperor (12-03-2013), Chip R (12-03-2013), Cursh14 (12-03-2013), Donder (12-03-2013), dubc47834 (12-03-2013), dwyerbrg (12-03-2013), marcshoe (12-03-2013), Norm Chortleton (12-03-2013), Number_Fourteen (12-03-2013), Old school 1983 (12-03-2013), pahster (12-03-2013), Patrick Bateman (12-03-2013), Puffy (12-03-2013), RED VAN HOT (12-03-2013), RedTeamGo! (12-03-2013), Slyder (12-05-2013), Strike3Called (12-03-2013), thatcoolguy_22 (12-03-2013), Tom Servo (12-03-2013), UKFlounder (12-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco View Post
    Brett Anderson was available... Or so I read. But that doesn't seem to jive with Ryan Hanigan.
    Reportedly not in deal
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Turn Off Ads?