Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillips gone by mid December?

Phillips gone by mid December?

MLB Network is reporting BP will be gone by the end of the winter meetings. What teams are looking for a second baseman? What can be expected in return? I hate when reports like this come out because it doesn't leave much leverage for the GM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Phillips gone by mid December?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    MLB Network is reporting BP will be gone by the end of the winter meetings. What teams are looking for a second baseman? What can be expected in return? I hate when reports like this come out because it doesn't leave much leverage for the GM.
    I thought I saw somewhere that was Jim Bowden who said that. I saw late last night someone from the enquirer was reporting that was false and phillips will not be traded

I don't think we're any closer to knowing. I think ken rosenthal said he's not going anywhere last night but then another rumor said he was gone by end of the winter meetings.

We'll just have to wait

I will believe Brandon is traded when I actually see Walt saying it, right now it's just a bunch of sports writers guessing....

Bowden? FFS. He just makes stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Fan View Post
    I will believe Brandon is traded when I actually see Walt saying it, right now it's just a bunch of sports writers guessing....
    I swear I thought there was quotes out there of management saying something along the lines of him being traded?

There is an article on Yahoo saying that Phillips isn't on the Red's Fest lineup, and concludes it might be a sign that he will be traded soon (or not).

I don't expect anything to get too serious with Phillips until Cano and Infante are signed

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    There is an article on Yahoo saying that Phillips isn't on the Red's Fest lineup, and concludes it might be a sign that he will be traded soon (or not).
    That was probably Bowden's 'source' that he would be traded.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

It's pretty well known the Reds have dangled BP but I read reports they are asking a high price. Castellini wanted him gone but perhaps Bob has pulled in his horns and gotten over it. I'm not a huge BP fan, I think he's somewhat overrated but he is valuable and shouldn't be traded just to get him off the team. Cast needs to thicken his skin a bit, BP is not the first player who runs his mouth a bit, and he certainly isn't the worst. If Walt was completely shutdown when he named a high price, the idea of trading Brandon my have lost it's allure.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

12. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (12-05-2013)

Where do you send him?
    What do you get in return?

I say the best package for Phillips in return is package him and Homer Bailey together. Then you can get top value in return

at this point I think they're going to have to wait out free agency, see where everyone lands and then seriously look at trading him. best case scenario is Cano signs in Seattle IMO
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

If Cano does not sign with Seattle. Look for the Mariners to be the trade partner

Ken Rosenthall is now saying that league sources doubt Phillips will be traded. They had talks with the Yankees that didn't pan out, and some talks with teams that were on Phillips list of 10 no-trade clause teams.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/c...ter-all-120313

[QUOTE=Lewdog;3011292]Ken Rosenthall is now saying that league sources doubt Phillips will be traded. They had talks with the Yankees that didn't pan out, and some talks with teams that were on Phillips list of 10 no-trade clause teams.

If Phillips wants to leave maybe they can work around the NTC. Not right now but if things get unbearable if he is a problem.

Turn Off Ads?