Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 Indiana Pacers

Hybrid View

2013-14 Indiana Pacers

Currently 17-2.

Paul George at only 23 is probably the MVP of the league so far.

One of the teams studs Danny Granger is yet to see the court but once he does, watch out.

I think if the second team were starting they would be at least .500 they are that good.

The team chemistry from my perspective is strong. Almost like a college team where they play as a team and not like individuals which isn't to common in the NBA.

Larry Joe Bird may pass Jerry West as the greatest player, coach, GM in the games history. He made mistakes early on as GM but he has made some great moves and Draft picks to put the team where they are.

With Rose out the Bulls don't concern me but the Heat are still out there.

Boomer did my son's birthday party. It was $250 but it was a birthday to remember.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Re: 2013-14 Indiana Pacers

Their team leader is David Freaking West. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Their team leader is David Freaking West. Enough said.
    I would say the team leader of the 17-2 Pacers is Paul George.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    I would say the team leader of the 17-2 Pacers is Paul George.
    He's the best player. West is the leader.

5. Likes:

redsfanmia (12-05-2013), Revering4Blue (12-05-2013)

Currently 17-2.

Paul George at only 23 is probably the MVP of the league so far.

One of the teams studs Danny Granger is yet to see the court but once he does, watch out.

I think if the second team were starting they would be at least .500 they are that good.

The team chemistry from my perspective is strong. Almost like a college team where they play as a team and not like individuals which isn't to common in the NBA.

Larry Joe Bird may pass Jerry West as the greatest player, coach, GM in the games history. He made mistakes early on as GM but he has made some great moves and Draft picks to put the team where they are.

With Rose out the Bulls don't concern me but the Heat are still out there.

Boomer did my son's birthday party. It was $250 but it was a birthday to remember.
    I'm really impressed with what I've seen from them so far though I'm not particularly optimistic about Granger's potential contributions. Just never sure if he's going to believe himself healthy enough to go full speed.

The chemistry is strong. I'd dismiss it as just a by product of the winning, but you heard essentially the exact same thing late last season when they were going for their struggles at the end of the regular season.

You may be right on Bird. I don't think anyone saw Paul George for what he has become other than Bird.
    When people say that I don’t know what I’m talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I'm really impressed with what I've seen from them so far though I'm not particularly optimistic about Granger's potential contributions. Just never sure if he's going to believe himself healthy enough to go full speed.

The chemistry is strong. I'd dismiss it as just a by product of the winning, but you heard essentially the exact same thing late last season when they were going for their struggles at the end of the regular season.

You may be right on Bird. I don't think anyone saw Paul George for what he has become other than Bird.
    I kind of agree about Granger. A better question is, would Granger "mess up" the current chemistry? I think he has value and I think the Pacers would be wise to move him for bench help or a future pick.

Also, and even though I hate the unspoken rule, the Pacers need to nab a ring if Bird is going to be in the conversation for best player/coach/GM. I still don't like some of his picks, but it can't be denied that he knocked out of the park with George.

I was really bummed when Bird stepped away from coaching. He took the Pacers to the finals in 2000, it's just that the Lakers were in their prime.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post

I was really bummed when Bird stepped away from coaching. He took the Pacers to the finals in 2000, it's just that the Lakers were in their prime.
    I was impressed when Bird left coaching, he said after 3 years the players tune the coach out and coaches should only stay 3 years then he stayed true to his word.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I kind of agree about Granger. A better question is, would Granger "mess up" the current chemistry? I think he has value and I think the Pacers would be wise to move him for bench help or a future pick.

Granger is an unrestricted free agent after this year. I'm not sure what he would bring knowing this. I think he would be more valuable to hang on to should someone goes down.

Granger is an unrestricted free agent after this year. I'm not sure what he would bring knowing this. I think he would be more valuable to hang on to should someone goes down.
    Not to mention the expiring contract should free more cap space to re-sign Lance Stephenson. When/if Granger is healthy, he'll come off the bench, most likely playing just enough minutes to help and not enough to hurt chemistry, bridging the gap until Solomon Hill develops.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

there's no guarantee that granger would be happy with that role. he used to be the guy. i think if you can get a pick for him, you trade him. and a borderline contender may go for that, but i guess his health will play into it heavily.

there's no guarantee that granger would be happy with that role. he used to be the guy. i think if you can get a pick for him, you trade him. and a borderline contender may go for that, but i guess his health will play into it heavily.
    At this point, Granger is valuable anyway for his ensuing expiring contract. Nevertheless, Granger has indicated his focus is on winning a championship, and that he's fine with playing a secondary role off the bench. Plus, he stands a much better chance of remaining healthy playing reduced minutes.

Think about it..The bench -- realistically, the reason that the Pacers didn't reach the finals last year -- has been re-invigorated. Granger's presence could well be the component that pushes this team over the top.
    "I have just been more than a little suspect of all the trades since the Willy (Scott Williamson) cash grab. That one left such a bad taste in my mouth that even a 1985 Dom Pérignon couldn't cleanse it." -- Creek14

13. Likes:

George Anderson (12-05-2013)

Also, and even though I hate the unspoken rule, the Pacers need to nab a ring if Bird is going to be in the conversation for best player/coach/GM. I still don't like some of his picks, but it can't be denied that he knocked out of the park with George.

Surprisingly...Bird agreed.

Now one has to calculate if Turner is going to mess up the chemistry.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

Yay!

I jumped on the Pacers bandwagon during last year's playoff run. Paul George quickly became my favorite NBA player.

Their next few games will tell a tale... San Antonio, OKC and Miami twice in about a 10 day stretch.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Must be nice playing in the NBA Least.

The Heat would be a .500 team if they had to play in the West. 11-4 vs the East so far for the Heat and 3-0 vs the West.

Pacers squeak by the Clippers, lose to the Blazers and squeak by the 4-14 Jazz.

Best teams in the NBA right now:

1. Trailblazers (3-0 against the others in the next tier) alone at the top

Tier Two

2. Pacers
    3. Spurs
    4. Thunder

Tier Three

5. Clippers
    6. Rockets
    7. Warriors
    8. Heat

Tier Four