Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 Indiana Pacers

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: 2013-14 Indiana Pacers

Per Rotoworld.

LeBron James (ankle) said he will play against the Pacers on Wednesday.

"It would be hard to miss this one," James said. He doesn't sound like he'll be 100 percent and his ankle injury is not just a minor tweak. LeBron added there is an incentive to play against the Pacers and their Eastern Conference-best 20-4 record.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Should Roy Hibbert continue to commit silly fouls as he did tonight, it won't matter one iota to Miami whether or not Greg Oden is healthy/available for the playoffs.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

I am not sure why they don't just cancel the rest of the season and just put the Heat and Pacers in the conference finals. They are the 2 best no doubt.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    Should Roy Hibbert continue to commit silly fouls as he did tonight, it won't matter one iota to Miami whether or not Greg Oden is healthy/available for the playoffs.
    Miami couldn't win last night without the phantom calls on Hibbert by the referees. Hibbert's 3rd foul that took him out of the game completely changed the game. The shove in the back at the end of the game should have netted three free throws for Indiana. The referees were terrible last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Miami couldn't win last night without the phantom calls on Hibbert by the referees. Hibbert's 3rd foul that took him out of the game completely changed the game. The shove in the back at the end of the game should have netted three free throws for Indiana. The referees were terrible last night.
    Vogel was playing with fire by leaving Hibbert in with four fouls, and was consequently burned. I also have to wonder why George, when LeBron wasn't guarding him, wasn't posting up his smaller defenders or why Vogel wasted too many timeouts - inability to place another three-point shooter (Copeland) in the game and the end and actually setting up a play etc..

Regardless, a team has to score points when they have the chances and throughout the fourth quarter, the Pacers were missing shot after shot -- some wide-open. I realize that many loathe the Heat, but one cannot blame the zebras for this Pacer's loss, which, much like the previous Pacer's win over the Heat, is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Stat geek...and proud

Vogel was playing with fire by leaving Hibbert in with four fouls, and was consequently burned. I also have to wonder why George, when LeBron wasn't guarding him, wasn't posting up his smaller defenders or why Vogel wasted too many timeouts - inability to place another three-point shooter (Copeland) in the game and the end and actually setting up a play etc..

Regardless, a team has to score points when they have the chances and throughout the fourth quarter, the Pacers were missing shot after shot -- some wide-open. I realize that many loathe the Heat, but one cannot blame the zebras for this Pacer's loss, which, much like the previous Pacer's win over the Heat, is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.
    I was screaming at the TV when Vogel didn't take him out with 4. It was way to early for that, and you had a cushion to play with. If you bring Roy back in in the 4th with a foul to give he could have actually played his game. The Pacers D is completely different when he's not a factor.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (12-19-2013)

Danny Granger will be back tomorrow against the Rockets.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

15 days since the last post about the Pacers....

They still have the best record in the NBA, the only team with an above .800 winning percentage.

Happy New Year!

Congratulations to Frank Vogel becoming Coach of the Eastern Conference All-Stars. Hate the game itself, but this is an honor that I appreciate. Well-earned.

(...and the Pacers still have the best record in the NBA....this should remain so throughout the regular season)

12. Likes:

indyscott (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I kind of agree about Granger. A better question is, would Granger "mess up" the current chemistry? I think he has value and I think the Pacers would be wise to move him for bench help or a future pick.

Also, and even though I hate the unspoken rule, the Pacers need to nab a ring if Bird is going to be in the conversation for best player/coach/GM. I still don't like some of his picks, but it can't be denied that he knocked out of the park with George.

I was really bummed when Bird stepped away from coaching. He took the Pacers to the finals in 2000, it's just that the Lakers were in their prime.
    Surprisingly...Bird agreed.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Now one has to calculate if Turner is going to mess up the chemistry.

Kudos to Bird, who was only going to deal Granger only if a can't-miss deal emerged.

"Chemistry" played no role in the decision to deal Granger; the opportunity to acquire another player with an attacking/ball-handling/facilitating game (similar to Lance Stephenson) -- which the second unit desperately lacked -- and another big man was a no-brainer.

This trade allows the bench several options: they can go big or play Turner in a more facilitating role, even when he's paired with C.J Watson, with shooters such as Copeland, Butler to spread the floor. Or even pair Turner with Stephenson in the back court at times.

Plus, Turner will also be a restricted free agent at the end of the year and will provide insurance in case the bidding for Stephenson gets out of hand, which is likely. The one drawback is the question of what happens to Granger after his contract is bought out. I do not believe that he is the athletic wing that the Heat would pursue, but it is not out of the question. My guess is that he ends up out West, most likely backing up Dirk in Dallas.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (02-21-2014)

Kudos to Bird, who was only going to deal Granger only if a can't-miss deal emerged.

"Chemistry" played no role in the decision to deal Granger; the opportunity to acquire another player with an attacking/ball-handling/facilitating game (similar to Lance Stephenson) -- which the second unit desperately lacked -- and another big man was a no-brainer.

This trade allows the bench several options: they can go big or play Turner in a more facilitating role, even when he's paired with C.J Watson, with shooters such as Copeland, Butler to spread the floor. Or even pair Turner with Stephenson in the back court at times.

Plus, Turner will also be a restricted free agent at the end of the year and will provide insurance in case the bidding for Stephenson gets out of hand, which is likely. The one drawback is the question of what happens to Granger after his contract is bought out. I do not believe that he is the athletic wing that the Heat would pursue, but it is not out of the question. My guess is that he ends up out West, most likely backing up Dirk in Dallas.
    Kudos to Kevin Pritchard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Kudos to Kevin Pritchard.
    No doubt.

They've been in a funk, so something has to be done.

No doubt.

They've been in a funk, so something has to be done.
    Bird set everything up, but adding KP to be GM was a coup against the rest of the league. They think the same way in design of a team. Pritchard does all of the work now, as Bird knows that Pritchard and he are on the same page. All things are approved by Bird, of course, but Pritchard makes the phone calls now.

Turn Off Ads?