Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winter Mtg Tidbits...Arroyo, Gardner, etc

Winter Mtg Tidbits...Arroyo, Gardner, etc

At least according to mlbtraderumors.com

Walt had a meeting with Bronson/agents today......not surprised, and I'm on board with it.

Yankees supposedly keeping Gardner.....I wonder if we tried to propose Leake to them for Gardner, they wanted Bailey, and we told them to go fly a kite.

So, Walt has a meeting with Bailey's people....gets the idea contract extension not going anywhere....

Sign Arroyo, trade Homer for offense (CF) and be done with it???

If that's possibly the case, who does Homer bring in for CF?

The other wildcard here is, the more teams that come off the board for Choo's services, hopefully cheaper he becomes for a team like the Reds....today the Dbacks came off the board

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Winter Mtg Tidbits...Arroyo, Gardner, etc

One more year of Bailey and the draft pick is worth more than dumping Bailey for 50 cents on the dollar
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

Gotta agree with Honcho. Trading Bailey would be a downgrade no matter who we get.

Some guy on Twitter says he is a member of the Reds staff at the winter meetings. I don't think he is legit, but I'm following him for funsies. Check out his timeline, it's entertaining. @SeeHearTell. I don't believe a word he is saying, but I'm bored.

Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post
    Some guy on Twitter says he is a member of the Reds staff at the winter meetings. I don't think he is legit, but I'm following him for funsies. Check out his timeline, it's entertaining. @SeeHearTell. I don't believe a word he is saying, but I'm bored.
    Yea he said he saw Castellini down there and Jaime Ramsey confronted him saying Castellini isnt even there.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachBombay View Post
    Yea he said he saw Castellini down there and Jaime Ramsey confronted him saying Castellini isnt even there.
    Stuff like this happens every year. It's hilarious. I probably shouldn't play along, but I can't help myself.

Oh im playing along too...Its too fun not to. And surely helps get through a slow work day like today

I'm following too..oh well, he may be on to something with Hairston out of nowhere stuff and Arroyo.

Back to it....Lance McAllister keeps preaching brace ourselves for something big.

Sounds like it starts with getting Bronson resigned to me. That would make Leake or Bailey available to go along with 1 or more of BP, Marshall, Chapman available to trade away in a trade with one other team or get really juicy with a multi team deal.

I just wish we would be more active as a top tier playoff type team should to reload.

Volquez signed a one year $5 mil contract with the Pirates.

The worst part about the off season besides no baseball is waiting for your team to make a move. I understand it is a complicated process, but COME ON WALT I NEED SOMETHING!!!! Just let this Seeall guy be GM for a day and we will have all the trades.

Opening day lineup if Seeall is GM

Brett Gardner
    Ty Cobb
    Joey Votto
    A ham sammich
    Jay Bruce
    Bo Jackson
    Todd Frazier
    Howie Kendrick
    pitcher

Get it done!

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Volquez signed a one year $5 mil contract with the Pirates.
    This has disaster written all over it for the Pirates. If the guy couldn't get it done in San Diego I can't see it happening in Pittsburgh. Plus $5 Million is a lot of money for a small market team trying to fill other holes.

Quote Originally Posted by No pants Mcgee View Post
    This has disaster written all over it for the Pirates. If the guy couldn't get it done in San Diego I can't see it happening in Pittsburgh. Plus $5 Million is a lot of money for a small market team trying to fill other holes.
    Agreed, absolutely awful move. Volquez never improved when he left Cincinnati and struggled in Petco park (LOL). Bringing him back to the NL Central where everyone has seen him dozens of times and everyone knows his weakness simply isn't going to win you the division.

Reds have interest in Omar Infante according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today. Sounds like a smokescreen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post
    Reds have interest in Omar Infante according to Bob Nightengale of USA Today. Sounds like a smokescreen to me.
    Or to shrink the available number of 2basemen by 1 so that more teams need to shop for Philips.

We have a lot of money on injured arms.

I wish we could dump 30+ mil in Cueto, Marshall, Broxton, and Philips at this point, since the BP part seems like it has jumped the shark internally. We could do a lot with that 30 million plus get some decent prospects from those guys.

Sign Bailey and Latos long term, get Gardner and Infante, make room for new SP's in house or from what we can get from trading those guys above.

Seems like a lot of work to be done in the next month since nothing sizeable has been done yet.

It is funny that the 2 FA's from the Reds haven't signed with anyone yet, and the BP ordeal isn't resolved yet.....

Turn Off Ads?