Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Deals and Rumors

Re: Offseason Deals and Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    FWIW Fay tweeted Reds are in on deal for a SS from AZ...conjecture is Didi coming back.

John Fay ‏@johnfayman 3h
    RT @gmdevor: @JonHeymanCBS tweeted reds are in on an AZ SS. could Didi be coming back?//Trent and I were talking about that. Makes sense
    John Fay ‏@johnfayman 3h
    RT @EBELL90: how does it make sense?//reds have no middle infield depth in the high minors. Santiago can opt out on 3/28 if not on roster
    I don't know how we would match up with Arizona's current needs, but the GMs have a history of working together, and I would welcome DiDi back.

2. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (03-18-2014),marcshoe (03-18-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Seems like the D'backs want/need a C and a SP now that Corbin is out. I wonder if Barnhart + returning Holmberg to them would be enough to get DiDi back? Or is that too much?
    Go BLUE!!!

That would absolutely not be too much. A weak hitting/defensive catcher and a potential back of the rotation starter for a slick fielding SS with tools? If the Reds are able to trade Barnhart and Holmberg for DiDi it's a no-brainer.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Agree. I'd love to see Gregorius back, but I'd definitely be surprised if the Reds pulled that off.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Reds don't have a young, controllable MLB starter the D-Backs are looking for. They aren't going to want Holmberg back. A 3 way trade is always possible, but that is always the case.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Reds don't have a young, controllable MLB starter the D-Backs are looking for. They aren't going to want Holmberg back. A 3 way trade is always possible, but that is always the case.
    And the DBacks are kidding themselves if they think they are going to get a young, controllable pitcher of any value for Didi Gregorius.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsfaninMT View Post
    And the DBacks are kidding themselves if they think they are going to get a young, controllable pitcher of any value for Didi Gregorius.
    That is correct. But they should get a decent pitching prospect who was at AAA last year. The only one of those that the Reds have is Holmberg, and I doubt the D-Backs want him back. If Corcino didn't turn into a pumpkin, he's be a good match.

The Arizona Diamondbacks are the rare team with two major-league ready, young shortstops, so it makes sense that they're dangling one for starting pitching help.

Arizona is entertaining offers for shortstop Didi Gregorius, according to ESPN New York.

The D-backs need rotation help after losing last year's ace, Patrick Corbin, to Tommy John surgery. (Noticing a theme here?)

If the D-backs can trade Gregorius, they'd lose the player with the best name in baseball and start prospect Chris Owings at short. The two teams that make the most sense for Gregorius are the Tigers and Mets.

Detroit just lost defensive whiz Jose Iglesias, who has stress fractures in both shins, for an extended period of time. The Mets have been connected to free agent Stephen Drew all offseason but are still running with Ruben Tejada, who hit .202 with a .259 on-base percentage in 227 plate appearances last season.

Gregorius hit .252/.332/.373 in 404 plate appearances as a rookie last season. He was traded to Arizona from Cincinnati on Dec. 11, 2012 in the three-team deal that sent Shin-Soo Choo to the Reds and Trevor Bauer and Drew Stubbs to Cleveland.
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

Why does everyone say definitively they won't want Holmberg back? Don't we want DiDi back? They didn't know Corbin was going to be hurt and Arroyo's back was iffy when they moved him. And it wouldn't be the first time the same team that reacquired a pitching prospect they recently traded away- and it wouldn't be the first time the Diamondbacks were involved in such a transaction (Tyler Skaggs).
    Go BLUE!!!

Wait a minute...

Barring a major injury to Cozart, our backup SS is going to get about 100 ABs this year. Let's say Didi hits .250 and Santiago (or whoever) hits .210. That's a difference of four hits a season, probably all singles. Are those four singles worth giving up David Holmberg and Tucker Barnhart???
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

13. Likes:

REDREAD (03-20-2014)

Cards ahopping Kozma

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamRubin...=AdamRubinESPN

He actually makes sense for the Reds. Won't cost much, can be stationed in AAA in case of emergency, and would be a suitable short term solution if Cozart got hurt.

If the Reds get a decent infielder who can hit even a little bit against RHP, there are three spots in the infield where guys could/should sit against RHP where he would be in upgrade. Given the fact that the defense wouldn't lose a thing with him in there, I think it's a beautiful fit. 400 PAs on a rotating basis with Phillips, Cozart or Frazier sitting against a RHP on any given day. Whoever is banged-up, tired, slumping etc. would sit.

If that were to occur, Didi should probably be the guy at SS when he plays with Cozart being the guy who moves around the IF. A guy like Didi is just what the doctor ordered for this team IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

If the Reds reacquired Didi, I'd say make Cozart the reserve IF.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

17. Likes:

757690 (03-21-2014),pahster (03-21-2014)

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Indians Release David Aardsma

By Steve Adams [March 21 at 11:50am CST]

The Indians have granted right-hander David Aardsma his release, tweets MLB.com's Jordan Bastian. Aardsma asked for his release after being informed that he would not make the big league bullpen, according to Bastian.

For what it's worth, Aardsma has had a strong Spring Training, yielding two earned runs on five hits with five strikeouts and no walks in six innings of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862 View Post
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Indians Release David Aardsma

By Steve Adams [March 21 at 11:50am CST]

The Indians have granted right-hander David Aardsma his release, tweets MLB.com's Jordan Bastian. Aardsma asked for his release after being informed that he would not make the big league bullpen, according to Bastian.

For what it's worth, Aardsma has had a strong Spring Training, yielding two earned runs on five hits with five strikeouts and no walks in six innings of work.
    I am guessing the Reds have an opinion on Aardsma from across the parking lot.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?