Turn Off Ads?

Thread: adidas Originals - Stan Smith 2

adidas Originals - Stan Smith 2

Anyone else get these classic kicks yet? I've been strangely obsessed with getting them ever since adidas announced they would be re-released. It just happened yesterday, and I just ordered my new pair today. I know, I'm weird -- but it takes me back to my youth. These were some of my first sneakers!
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

2. Likes:

757690 (01-17-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: adidas Originals - Stan Smith 2

Adidas superstar shell-tops remain my all-time favorites. I get a new pair every 2-3 years. They go with everything casual.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

5. Likes:

RedEye (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Adidas superstar shell-tops remain my all-time favorites. I get a new pair every 2-3 years. They go with everything casual.
    Yeah, like those too. Pretty similar to the Stan Smiths except with those pipings on the toe and the thicker stripes on the side, right? I always just liked the simplicity of the Stan Smiths -- so clean and sharp.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Wore those from the time they came out until they went off the shelf, they make your feet stink (sans socks) like nothing else

Those and converse all stars, nothing else on my feet for two decades

8. Likes:

RedEye (01-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wore those from the time they came out until they went off the shelf, they make your feet stink (sans socks) like nothing else

Well, they are back on the shelf now, woy! Time to get a new pair!

Have a pair of Chuck Taylors, too. Looking forward to also getting Stan into the rotation, as it were.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post

Same with my dad. Only pair of tennis shoes I ever saw him wear, and the only ones me and my brother were allowed to buy. If we wanted to hear my dad talk for hours, we knew just to bring up these shoes. He would rant and rant about how simple was better, and "shoes today... idiots making them and even bigger idiots buying them. A new pair every year? I bought these pair before you were born... before you two were born!"
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

11. Likes:

RedEye (01-17-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Same with my dad. Only pair of tennis shoes I ever saw him wear, and the only ones me and my brother were allowed to buy. If we wanted to hear my dad talk for hours, we knew just to bring up these shoes. He would rant and rant about how simple was better, and "shoes today... idiots making them and even bigger idiots buying them. A new pair every year? I bought these pair before you were born... before you two were born!"

Wow. I never met anyone that attached to them. My dad almost never wore sneakers, so to me the simple Stan Smiths were like my discovery.

When did they get discontinued?
    I bought a pair a couple years ago and feel like I have seen them on Zappos many times since then.

My guess is you got them just prior to the discontinuance. I have been trying to buy them for about two years. There have been some floating around on eBay -- mostly from the UK -- but no new ones for quite some time.

Why is there a shoe named after this guy.....

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Turn Off Ads?