Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Saw this in another forum and the responses were a hoot.

Inability to tell a story briefly. My wife will tell you things like the color of the cashier's shirt and the price of eggs in China all while just trying to explain that she went to the grocery store. "Brevity is the sole of wit" she has never heard of.

Posting pictures publicly solely based on how SHE looks. Oh nevermind that my eyes were closed and there's a big pizza stain on my white shirt in that photo. Sure, make that your new facebook profile pic because you look stunning.

Driving to the neighbor's house. I mean the NEXT DOOR neighbors house. I could hit it with a baseball or walk the maybe 200 feet before you are even out of the garage. Just walk!!!!!

"Junk drawers" Every house has a "junk drawer." We have one in every room of the house that she refuses to clear out. When I say every room, I mean the guest bedroom, half bath, laundry room, all of them.

Texting. If I don't respond in 90 seconds, she will resend her text and is pissed. If she doesn't respond to me promptly, she was "busy" and it's not an issue to her.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Re: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Mine will ask me about a new dress or top. I can't just say it's nice, I have to use the exact adjectives she wants me to use, like stylish, or cute, or sexy, and will keep clueing me in until I get it right, basically telling me what I need to say. Then when I finally say the right words, she asks, "Do you really mean it, or are you just saying it?"
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

3. Likes:

redsfan30 (12-23-2013)

Refuses to exist.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

5. Likes:

cincinnati chili (12-22-2013),dougdirt (12-23-2013),Jefferson24 (12-31-2013),mole44 (12-23-2013),Revering4Blue (12-21-2013),Tom Servo (12-21-2013),Wonderful Monds (12-21-2013),WrongVerb (12-23-2013)

Things my spouse does that annoy me:

Will occasionally spend money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

Has no idea why she is crying. There has to be a reason.

Her taste in t.v. shows is the worst.

Leaving lights on in rooms she is not in, or hasn't been in for some time.

She drives like Kyle Petty on cocaine.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post

Has no idea why she is crying. There has to be a reason.

Does she watch Law and Order marathons, because I would kill myself.

8. Likes:

RBA (12-21-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Does she watch Law and Order marathons, because I would kill myself.
    No, that would be MY spouse. Rather, Law and Order: SVU. I think he's got a thing for Mariska Hargitay, but won't admit it.

Gets outta bed in the morning.

She will drive like five miles away to save fifty cents on a gallon of milk.

She wont stop calling mens clothes "outfits".

She comments about my weight as she brings unhealthy food in the house by the boat load.

She loves to rent movies but ALWAYS falls asleep half way through them.

She wont stock up on toilet paper, batteries or light bulbs like I tell her to. Hey you will use them one day.

She usually always leaves a bag of groceries at the check out lane because she is in such a hurry to leave, so I have to go back and get it.

Throws away cool souvenier cups i collect from stadiums I have went to and still go to over the years. She tried replacing them with tiny cutesy drinking glasses instead of the good size plastic ones I like. She lost that one.

If we are in a store or needs help she refuses to ask for help. If we are out with no GPS she wont ask for directions while this is one guy who will.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Gets outta bed in the morning.
    I'm disappointed you didn't say that she questioned your umpiring calls. (Just joking with you)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm disappointed you didn't say that she questioned your umpiring calls. (Just joking with you)
    Who do you think his second base umpire is? He calls balls and strikes and she calls plays at the bag. It's the unruly world vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Oh she rarely comes to my games. If she and my kids do show up then something crazy usually happens on the field and I have to eject someone. Then I hear what an "ass" I am from her for sometime for being so mean.

Between that and my 7 year old harping for months on a call he thinks I missed in the 2nd inning makes me what to hide my schedule from my family.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

14. Likes:

REDREAD (01-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jwertz View Post

This is my wife to a tee!

She'll whip out the debit card, but never (and I mean NEVER) look in the checkbook to see what the balance is. She's the only reason I have overdraft protection on our account.

Our TV tastes are totally opposite. All she watches on Directv is the ID Channel (Investigative Discovery), and the Food Network.

She'll leave for work and leaves not only the lights on, but the TV.

I do 100% of driving when we go anywhere, and sometimes that irks me that she never offers to share in the driving (especially on long trips). But I have been a passenger in the car when she's driving. Scares the hell out of me! She flies up on stop signs and then (basically) slams on the brakes while I've got a death grip on the dash. I replace our front brakes more often then most do.

In 31 years of marriage my wife has never admitted it when she is wrong. She obstinately refuses. And when she's shown wrong she'll sarcastically respond "What Ever!". That's the closest you'll ever get to an admission. LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

16. Likes:

George Anderson (12-25-2013),REDREAD (01-08-2014)

This just happened..

Her: Don't use that pen, I hate that pen, it's blobby.
    Me: Sooo...lets toss it in the garbage.
    Her: No, save it.

Go Gators!

18. Likes:

REDREAD (01-08-2014),redsfanmia (12-25-2013)

My wife will trim her cuticles with her teeth when we watch TV. The noise drives me to drink.

My wife will secretly throw stuff of mine away.

They call me "chef"

Mrs. Schuler will log into my account and post political content.

22. Likes:

919191 (12-22-2013),Caveat Emperor (12-27-2013),cincinnati chili (12-22-2013),dabvu2498 (12-21-2013),marcshoe (12-21-2013),Raisor (12-21-2013),Red in Chicago (12-21-2013),reds1869 (12-25-2013),Redsfaithful (12-21-2013),Revering4Blue (12-21-2013),RFS62 (01-02-2014),RichRed (12-22-2013),Roy Tucker (12-22-2013),TeamCasey (12-21-2013),VottoFan54 (12-21-2013),westofyou (12-22-2013),wolfboy (12-26-2013),Wonderful Monds (12-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?