Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Re: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

1) Guilt trips/Assuming that I'm giving a guilt trip. She assumes that I'm some sort of scheming person attempting to suggest and guilt my way to the top. I'm just not. I'm as deep as a can of tuna. Really, her reactions to my words just gives me a window into the way her mind works.

2) The way she is an OSU fan. Not THAT she is an OSU fan, but the WAY she is an OSU fan. She is like a paranoid schizophrenic thinking that anyone saying anything remotely critical about OSU hates them. Then, she complains that I don't talk to her during games. I don't say much, I have learned my lesson. But, she isn't the only one. Her whole family does this. What makes it worse is that I went to UK and they assume that I'm some sort of SEC apologist. I have tried to explain that I only really care about the basketball team and that I don't care about SEC football. It never works.

3) Kind of like #1 (in that I get a window into her mind), she often thinks she has told me something when she hasn't and then gets mad at me for not knowing what she didn't tell me. I know that she has been stewing over that thing for days and has convinced herself that because it is consuming her, that it is consuming me as well. Even though she hasn't actually mentioned it.

Other than those few things, I couldn't be happier.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Gets outta bed in the morning.
    I'm disappointed you didn't say that she questioned your umpiring calls. (Just joking with you)
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    I'm disappointed you didn't say that she questioned your umpiring calls. (Just joking with you)
    Who do you think his second base umpire is? He calls balls and strikes and she calls plays at the bag. It's the unruly world vs them.

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    Oh she rarely comes to my games. If she and my kids do show up then something crazy usually happens on the field and I have to eject someone. Then I hear what an "ass" I am from her for sometime for being so mean.

Between that and my 7 year old harping for months on a call he thinks I missed in the 2nd inning makes me what to hide my schedule from my family.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

6. Likes:

REDREAD (01-15-2014)

My lovely wife will drop $600 at the mall and then come home and try everything on while telling me what the original price was for each item, what she paid for it, and try to convince me that said items were such a great deal. Every time I tell her that if enough people were dumb enough to buy it at the original price then they would not have to lower the price to move that item off the shelf. Then I sarcastically let her know that she completely ripped them off and should feel guilty about paying less than their cost to manufacture those items. I then remind her that she has met her shopping quota for the next 6 months.

Everytime and I mean everytime we go thru a restaurant drive thru-she always has to have the change---If it's $12.63 she will give me $20.63...if its 62.50 she will give me 70.50....I'm not allowed to hand over a $20 or a $50...I always have to wait for her to give me the exact change part of it.....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Someone mentioned the whole introvert extrovert thing. With us, it's the opposite. I'm pretty much the introvert and she's the extrovert, at least socially, but I still encounter the situation where she swears she said something to me and I know she never said it. I'm starting to think that's not an introvert thing as much as just something some people do. But back to my being an introvert. I basically burn out after too much social interaction and I need to recharge. She thrives on social interaction. Most of the people we know are Kenyans and these people are always having parties. I'm of course expected to attend these parties.

The parties are fine for a couple hours. I've said hello to everyone there, eaten enough food, had enough small talk to do me for the evening, and now I'm drained. The problem is it's bad form to go sit in the corner and read a book, so I've taken to driving separately so I can bug out early. Sometimes this is frowned upon as well. Nothing against these people, but the conversations tend to drift toward what is going on in Kenya and I get rather bored with the whole thing after a while. There's another one coming up this weekend and I'm already trying to strategize how I can put in a token appearance and split quick.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

They call me "chef"

I'm sure they'd understand if you told them you had to run.

11. Likes:

gilpdawg (01-13-2014),nmculbreth (01-11-2014),OldRightHander (01-10-2014),PedroBourbon (01-10-2014),RichRed (01-09-2014)

My wife takes a week to say goodbye at a party. I have never been able to get my mind around this behavior. I say thanks, the dinner was great, it's fun to hang out, let's do this again soon and I'm out of there. It's not necessarily impolite, but there's no lingering in the foyer. She starts entirely new conversations with her gloves and hat on.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Jut tell them you have the runs. They'll probably call you a cab.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Hosts feminist radio shows at 6 PM on Friday nights with famous feminist authors and wonders why I don't listen after a 45-50 hour work week.
    Last edited by westofyou; 01-09-2014 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    It took me a minute, but...post of the year?
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    My wife takes a week to say goodbye at a party. I have never been able to get my mind around this behavior. I say thanks, the dinner was great, it's fun to hang out, let's do this again soon and I'm out of there. It's not necessarily impolite, but there's no lingering in the foyer. She starts entirely new conversations with her gloves and hat on.
    In all fairness to your wife, I (an extrovert to put it mildly) often find myself in this situation and I HATE IT. it's like I have no control over it. Your wife may be beholden to obligations of politeness and conversationalism over which she has no control.

Hosts feminist radio shows at 6 PM on Friday nights with famous feminist authors and wonders why I don't listen after a 45-50 hour work week.
    I want to speak for every girl who's ever spent HOURS AND HOURS AND THOUSANDS OF HOURS IN HER LIFE in garages and studios and horrible bars listening to boyfriends' bands (or "bands") and say woy, you need to listen to your wife's radio show with feminist authors. This may be where the tide finally shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post

I want to speak for every girl who's ever spent HOURS AND HOURS AND THOUSANDS OF HOURS IN HER LIFE in garages and studios and horrible bars listening to boyfriends' bands (or "bands") and say woy, you need to listen to your wife's radio show with feminist authors. This may be where the tide finally shifts.
    I listen to them via podcasts, not at 6 on Friday

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I listen to them via podcasts, not at 6 on Friday
    Well, that counts, right?

Turn Off Ads?