Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Re: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

We are in the process of adding a bathroom and bedroom to our basement. As of right now we don't use the space but with a growing family and only one empty bedroom we thought it would be a good idea. I started out wanting to finish the room and bathroom in the most economical way possible. The bathroom would be a 3rd bath, one only guest would use and the bedroom would be used by guests and maybe a child if we stay in the house another 10 years.

I have done most of the work along with friends and family. My wife for the most part has stayed out only to check up on it from time to time. However whenever she checks up on it I get comments like "why did you do that" or "that looks stupid." I always say, where were you when all of this was going on? This past weekend we tiled the floor in the bathroom thanks to a bunch of free tile from my inlaws. Now she wants to put a nice glass shower door, doesn't want one with a track in the shower. I try to explain to her that that is much more expensive than she thinks. Her comment has always been, well a sliding door looks stupid. I agree with her to an extent, and if it were in our master I would go with her recommendation, but not on a 3rd bath.

2. Likes:

REDREAD (01-15-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    We are in the process of adding a bathroom and bedroom to our basement. As of right now we don't use the space but with a growing family and only one empty bedroom we thought it would be a good idea. I started out wanting to finish the room and bathroom in the most economical way possible. The bathroom would be a 3rd bath, one only guest would use and the bedroom would be used by guests and maybe a child if we stay in the house another 10 years.

I have done most of the work along with friends and family. My wife for the most part has stayed out only to check up on it from time to time. However whenever she checks up on it I get comments like "why did you do that" or "that looks stupid." I always say, where were you when all of this was going on? This past weekend we tiled the floor in the bathroom thanks to a bunch of free tile from my inlaws. Now she wants to put a nice glass shower door, doesn't want one with a track in the shower. I try to explain to her that that is much more expensive than she thinks. Her comment has always been, well a sliding door looks stupid. I agree with her to an extent, and if it were in our master I would go with her recommendation, but not on a 3rd bath.
    My wife doesn't know how to do construction but she knows how not to do it, ie the way I'm doing it is wrong and the house, deck, shed and fence will all fall down right after I get done building them.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

5. Likes:

bucksfan2 (01-14-2014),LoganBuck (01-13-2014)

I forgot that my wife has a stupid obsession with figure skating and gymnastics at the Olympics. Then she wonders why I view them as stupid, and tries to talk me into liking them.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?