Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Re: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

My sweetie has lucid dreams. I would get home from work and she would be mad at me about something that I said to her in her dreams. It would take hours to clear up and at some level I know she thought I was spoofing her. Then one day it happened to her at work. She went to a coworker and started talking about the follow up to their latest meeting. The coworker let her go on a bit and then asked her what she was talking about. She is much more careful about this now.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dfs View Post
    My sweetie has lucid dreams. I would get home from work and she would be mad at me about something that I said to her in her dreams. It would take hours to clear up and at some level I know she thought I was spoofing her. Then one day it happened to her at work. She went to a coworker and started talking about the follow up to their latest meeting. The coworker let her go on a bit and then asked her what she was talking about. She is much more careful about this now.
    Same here, the worst is when she dreams I had an affair. She is mad at me for several hours and has an attitude with me the whole day. And I didn't even cheat!!!!
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

This may be my last post, so if you all don't hear from me again I simply want it to be a matter of record ......

We're on vacation in the Smokies, I'm driving through the narrow, winding, up n down roads and my wife is complaining (the PC word for nagging) at my driving..... Slow down! Speed up! Watch the side of the road, I don't want to go over the side! Are you using low gear going down these step grades?"

I took all I could and told her to "SHUT THE **** UP!"

I knew s soon as I said it I was in trouble.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-28-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (01-03-2014),REDREAD (01-08-2014)

Yelling at me for messing things up that I'm not good at.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

7. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (01-09-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    This may be my last post, so if you all don't hear from me again I simply want it to be a matter of record ......

We're on vacation in the Smokies, I'm driving through the narrow, winding, up n down roads and my wife is complaining (the PC word for nagging) at my driving..... Slow down! Speed up! Watch the side of the road, I don't want to go over the side! Are you using low gear going down these step grades?"

I took all I could and told her to "SHUT THE **** UP!"

I knew s soon as I said it I was in trouble.
    I'm surprised you were alive long enough to write that post....

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I'm surprised you were alive long enough to write that post....
    Been married for 31 years, and when it comes to our relationship .... and I love my wife. Don't know what I'd do, or where I'd be, without her .... there ain't no such thing as a "marriage made in heaven".

We can all sit here and joke about our spouses .... and they (we) all have our foibles .... but you have to give and take. And I've learned there are some things you have to let roll off of you, or I just don't consider that much of a big deal (issue) to argue over.

But when I have to stand my ground? I will.

Because there is always that point, like the situation in my previous post, where you take so much, you're grittin' your teeth, you're trying, but they finally push you too far. You're only human.

My wife is always giving me sound advice. A majority of it is nothing but sound.

If one thinks their spouse isn't treating them the way they deserve? ..... be thankful.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

10. Likes:

WSNCWFU#1 (12-29-2013)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by villain612 View Post
    Yelling at me for messing things up that I'm not good at.

This. Oh man, this.
    Witty signature.

Never answers her cell phone. Ever. Three possible reasons why: 1) she left it at home; 2) she didn't hear it; 3) she heard it, but can't get it out of her purse in time. Sometimes I wonder whether we should actually pay for the extra line.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

13. Likes:

SunDeck (01-06-2014)

We have a 1940s craftsman house. The previous owner converted the attic to a master suite. The washer and dryer are upstairs, too. That's it. Occasionally our daughter will go up to get something out of the dryer, but otherwise no one else ever goes into our master bedroom/bathroom.

One day, I noticed that the decorative soaps in our master bathroom had been replaced.

Trying to be an observant husband, I noted that I liked the new soaps.

(At least to the degree that any man on the planet gives a rip about such things.)

I should have stopped then, but I didn't. I made the mistake of asking what happened to the decorative soaps that were replaced.

"I threw them away. They were old and dirty."

Reflexively, I questioned whether decorative bar soaps actually have a shelf life, then compounded my idiocy by pointing out that there seemed to be a pretty obvious way to remedy a dirty bar of decorative soap.

I slept on the couch that night.

Just to save time and space I will answer, just about everything......
    Reds Fan Since 1971

16. Likes:

George Anderson (01-03-2014),REDREAD (01-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    You chose wisely.

When the first three items on your "Hunny do" list are variants of "go screw yourself", it's time to consider putting the toilet seat down when youre finished (or if baby steps are in order, putting it up before your start).
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Married 22 years and both us in our young 50's, with a 10-year-old child. And to keep track of what my son listens to my wife now streams Radio Disney all hours of the day. Nothing quite like a stressful day of work, only to return home to crappy music played on laptop speaker phones, all with incredibly annoying and redundant commercials. She never looked at other men (or claimed not to), and now gets googly-eyed over One Direction -even driving to Salt Lake with our son to take in a concert of theirs last summer.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    We could do a coordinated strike on the Bravo, Soapnet, Investigative Discovery, and Discovery Health
    You forgot HGTV.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    We could do a coordinated strike on the Bravo, Soapnet, Investigative Discovery, and Discovery Health

You don't have worry about Soapnet anymore. It was pulled off the air on Jan 1.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?