Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

Re: Things your spouse/sig other do that annoy you

mine smokes…i HATE it with a passion

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    Well, that counts, right?

Yeah, but sometimes it tasked weeks to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    mine smokes…i HATE it with a passion
    I feel your pain, but to my bride's credit she kicked the habit. At one point she was rolling her own, one handed, while driving a stick. No lie. And they were as perfect as Pall Malls.
    Last edited by SunDeck; 01-09-2014 at 09:19 PM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

5. Likes:

BillDoran (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    I feel your pain, but to my bride's credit she kicked the habit. At one point she was rolling her own, one handed, while driving a stick. No lie. And they were as perfect as Pall Malls.
    My freshman year of college at UD I was starting to get addicted to ciggs. I started smoking them at parties, and then started smoking a cig on the way to every class, and then it turned into on the way to and back from class, and so on. I will never forget it: One day I was low on cash and so I bought a pack of Pall Mall's. I took one drag outside of the gas station, immediately threw it away, walked to the party I was heading to, handed the pack to my friend and have never smoked a ciggarette since. So digusting.

things my wife does that annoys me:

Jumps on me for not remembering every single detail of her stories (ramblings). It can even be weeks or months after the story was told. She then annoys me even more with this one by never paying attention to me, and if I call her on it - oh, no big deal.

She leaves her breakfast dishes in the sink every single morning and they stay there all day until I either clean them during my lunch hour or after dinner.

This one is pretty selfish on my part - she gets headaches constantly and it has ruined many evenings and weekends.

Says video games are a horrible waste of time and bad for society....then watches 3-4 hours of Real Housewives of (insert city) and Keeping up with the Kardashians nightly. She also gets on me for watching sports. The whole reality television thing is just completely awful and I think it is getting to the point nearly every married man feels the pain.

Wow, I can go on....actually typing this down is making me depressed.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Everytime and I mean everytime we go thru a restaurant drive thru-she always has to have the change---If it's $12.63 she will give me $20.63...if its 62.50 she will give me 70.50....I'm not allowed to hand over a $20 or a $50...I always have to wait for her to give me the exact change part of it.....ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Most of them take credit cards now.
    I used to look for $1.06 exactly to get an ice cream or something ($1 plus tax), now I just put in on the credit card.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Mine hyperventilates if she spends $200 on something. But that won't stop her from buying 5 little things at $50 each.

She has cleaned up while her party is still going on.

She often goes a little overboard on cleaning. There are times that I tell her that I want to live in the house, it doesn't need to be perfect.

The way she does laundry drives me nuts. I appreciate that she does it, but she doesn't fold my socks up and buries my button down shirts so they are a wrinkled mess.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The way she does laundry drives me nuts. I appreciate that she does it, but she doesn't fold my socks up and buries my button down shirts so they are a wrinkled mess.
    I have a solution to this one - do your own laundry

10. Likes:

TeamCasey (01-10-2014),westofyou (01-10-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Man up

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Mine hyperventilates if she spends $200 on something. But that won't stop her from buying 5 little things at $50 each.

She has cleaned up while her party is still going on.

She often goes a little overboard on cleaning. There are times that I tell her that I want to live in the house, it doesn't need to be perfect.

I clean up during the party

It's an OCD thing

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum View Post
    In all fairness to your wife, I (an extrovert to put it mildly) often find myself in this situation and I HATE IT. it's like I have no control over it. Your wife may be beholden to obligations of politeness and conversationalism over which she has no control.
    This behavior is involuntary? If so, then may I claim that I simply cannot help the intense perception of feeling unwelcome at a party as soon as my intentions to leave become public?

Without revealing too much, it's probably safe to say that the purpose of joint invitations to parties are meant to bring my wife for her loquaciousness and grace and me for my capacity to light grills and backyard campfires, to open wine bottles with pocket knives and to watch Blues Clues with kids whose parents didn't get the memo about leaving them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Its about 50/50. I do the laundry about half the time.

15. Likes:

TeamCasey (01-10-2014)

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

My wife can never say goodbye at a party, either. Takes forever.
    This is another reason why I wear a wristwatch. Let's me point to it and be the "bad guy" who drags her away.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I know I shouldn't like that, but I like that. Does she have sisters?

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    I know I shouldn't like that, but I like that. Does she have sisters?
    Sorry no, but come to the Atlas Bar tomorrow night with a bag of tobacco and short rolling papers and she'll roll you a pack in ten minutes.

Sorry no, but come to the Atlas Bar tomorrow night with a bag of tobacco and short rolling papers and she'll roll you a pack in ten minutes.
    Well, that certainly hits close to home. Had no idea you were in Bloomington. I'll be the one walking around, looking forlorn with papers and loose tobacco held overhead.

My biggest gripes with my girlfriend are in-line with what's been said above. Despite being one of the smartest, most intellectual individuals I know, her entertainment preferences are limited to Real Housewives, Keeping Up with the Kardashians, rom-coms and an all-encompassing, and frankly disconcerting, love of Beyonce. I'll never understand how she can so easily gear up and down from Foucault to cat fights, from Nietzsche to sobbing over a Hallmark Channel movie.

That said, she puts up with my sports habit, among other undesirable qualities. She's a keeper.

Turn Off Ads?