Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What do all make of this? LOL!

What do all make of this? LOL!

1st Jose Bautista started following me on Twitter, now his agent is following....I'm just saying #Reds
    https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/s...12893560651776

and then

Mark Sheldon tweeted back to Lance this

@LanceMcAlister following me too. Interesting.
    https://twitter.com/m_sheldon/status/416713083390685184

If only he wasn't following 144k people himself.....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What do all make of this? LOL!

Bautista in LF, Hamilton in center, Bruce in RF, and Lutz at 1st. Heisey could back up LF and CF, and Bautista can also play first. It would be a versatile lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Bautista in LF, Hamilton in center, Bruce in RF, and Lutz at 1st. Heisey could back up LF and CF, and Bautista can also play first. It would be a versatile lineup.
    I guess you are sending Votto in that trade.....no way Bautista commands Votto in a trade. His numbers are similar to Jay Bruce, particularly HR's and Avg.

It is interesting that he decided to follow just about all of the Reds media beat writers. I wonder if his agent did the same.

Even if it is something, I hope Votto isn't part of the talks, more like a 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 type deal, not including our top 2 or 3 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsville View Post
    I guess you are sending Votto in that trade.....no way Bautista commands Votto in a trade. His numbers are similar to Jay Bruce, particularly HR's and Avg.

It is interesting that he decided to follow just about all of the Reds media beat writers. I wonder if his agent did the same.

Even if it is something, I hope Votto isn't part of the talks, more like a 3 for 1 or 4 for 2 type deal, not including our top 2 or 3 guys.
    Toronto is going to want Votto period. The Votto for Bautista swap was considered last year before Votto's new contract.

Bautista and Navarro for Votto and Mesocraco?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    Toronto is going to want Votto period. The Votto for Bautista swap was considered last year before Votto's new contract.

Bautista and Navarro for Votto and Mesocraco?
    I did some quick research and noticed he's following the Phillies and Pirates beat writers too....I stopped there.....I'd say he either manually followed guys from each team in the MLB or found a way to automatically go follow all beat writers of each team in the MLB....what for, who knows.

Probably nothing to see here...

I did some quick research and noticed he's following the Phillies and Pirates beat writers too....I stopped there.....I'd say he either manually followed guys from each team in the MLB or found a way to automatically go follow all beat writers of each team in the MLB....what for, who knows.

Probably nothing to see here...
    I am sure they hire guys to find people to follow and what not. Urban Meyer has two full time "twitter" employees to monitor all their players tweets. I am sure someone saw your title and followed you

The quantity over quality route won't work with AA like it did with getting Latos. You can't get a decent player back by trading 3 B prospects.
    "When I began playing the game, baseball was about as gentlemanly as a kick in the crotch." - Ty Cobb

If Bautista is brought here, someone needs their heads examined. The guy is ALWAYS hurt and rarely hits for average. Below average fielder.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bullseye View Post
    If Bautista is brought here, someone needs their heads examined. The guy is ALWAYS hurt and rarely hits for average. Below average fielder.
    And yet his offense makes up for it because the dude gets on base and hits BOMBS.

I mean seriously, what player out there is good enough if you need your head examined over bringing in a guy with a 135 OPS+ over the last two years (and much better the two years before that) who would easily have the 2nd highest OBP on a team that desperately needs more guys to get on base?

Seriously, is it at the point where if you aren't Mike Trout you suck?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And yet his offense makes up for it because the dude gets on base and hits BOMBS.

I mean seriously, what player out there is good enough if you need your head examined over bringing in a guy with a 135 OPS+ over the last two years (and much better the two years before that) who would easily have the 2nd highest OBP on a team that desperately needs more guys to get on base?

Seriously, is it at the point where if you aren't Mike Trout you suck?
    The guy has been in the majors for 10 years and has only twice played beyond 140 games (usually never making it to 120), twice hit above .260, and twice drove in more than 70 runs. He is also turning 34 here soon. There are a ton of players not named Mike Trout capable of bringing in better numbers and for a lot less cash. But if we are going after a Batista type player, I'd be more comfortable with a Kevin Mitchell. Much more productive and those types are out there.
    Last edited by bullseye; 01-03-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Toronto is supposed to be a tough park for HRs, and he plays a majority of his games there and still hit a lot of bombs. In GAP he could hit 50. Just because he plays around 140 games or less really doesn't matter. I've hear people say that managers might start giving stars more games off during the season to keep them fresh and rotate in guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Honcho View Post
    The quantity over quality route won't work with AA like it did with getting Latos. You can't get a decent player back by trading 3 B prospects.
    Yes you can. It's just that the Reds aren't in the position to take on salary - the one way you can get a good player for 2 or 3 B prospects.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

Turn Off Ads?