Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looks like the Reds window is closing

Re: Looks like the Reds window is closing

Last edited by LewGra; 12-27-2013 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Wrong post.

2. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (12-30-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RealitySetsIn View Post
    Even if Goldschmidt had a better WAR, Votto is still better. Votto has the potential to hit 45 bombs and drive in 140 runs.

For 2nd, even if Matt Carpenter, Chase Utley, Neil Walker, Daniel Murphy, and Marco Scutaro had higher WARs Phillips still had more RBIs. So Phillips is tops here.

Pence, Werth, Parra might've had more WAR but Bruce is just better. I don't care if his wRC is behind the likes of Will Venable, the 3 mentioned earlier, Stanton, Beltran, Upton, Either, Byrd, and Cuddyer. I also don't care if his wRC is 10th out of 14 qualified RFers.
    Bruce is simply better. End of story.

The fact is of the Reds, Pirates, and Cardinals the Reds have the better rotation, better bullpen, and better batting order. They have a better farm system and a better front office.
    My only question is whether the Reds will win 100 games or 98.
    First - A guy is better than another guy because he has the "potential" to do something, even tho his actual stats (aside from OBP) in 2013 were worse in nearly every category? That's a pretty bold statement.

Second - Using RBIs as a legitimate statistic, let alone your ONLY statistic to compare two players is well, probably the most short-sighted thing one could do - save maybe comparing their Fielding Percentages. Bravo my man, bravo.

And your last statement makes me think you're most definitely trolling, that or you've got a really great pair of Red-colored glasses.

Okay - based on your last statement, you got me, hook, line, and sinker.
    Last edited by ac084c; 12-28-2013 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling

5. Likes:

Reds&BuckeyeGuy (12-30-2013),TDogg (12-28-2013)

Affable Opponent

I HAVE to come here more often. I love this Reality poster! When I die and get sent to Hades instead of Heaven, I hope dude is there with me...."T, I have the stats to PROVE Hades is a better place for us than Heaven. The potential is there!"

Quote Originally Posted by RealitySetsIn View Post
    My only question is whether the Reds will win 100 games or 98.

Then you're not asking enough questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by fipp View Post
    How old are you? Do you want to be humiliated?

8. Likes:

mth123 (12-29-2013)

I'm always grateful when somebody else has drunk more of the kook-aid than I have.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

10. Likes:

swaisuc (01-14-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by jlcomo View Post
    The Cardinals filled their one glaring hole with one of the best offensive short stop's in the game. They will be the clear cut favorite.
    Makes me wanna scream

Quote Originally Posted by ac084c View Post
    And your last statement makes me think you're most definitely trolling, that or you've got a really great pair of Red-colored glasses.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds&BuckeyeGuy View Post
    Makes me wanna scream
    I know what you mean. We can't tell until the games are played, but it feels like the Cardinals are increasing their lead over the central and the Reds are just standing by.

We're finally feeling the effects of Votto's salary in my opinion. I don't think Frazier will be the permanent answer at 3rd although like Cozart, he's excellent defensively. As long as the pitching is there, we've got a chance and so does any team for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    We're finally feeling the effects of Votto's salary in my opinion. I don't think Frazier will be the permanent answer at 3rd although like Cozart, he's excellent defensively. As long as the pitching is there, we've got a chance and so does any team for that matter.
    How deep is the pitching though - if key pieces go down again (Cueto, Cingrani, Marshall, Broxton) for any period of time, are the Reds in trouble?

I say yes.

How deep is the pitching though - if key pieces go down again (Cueto, Cingrani, Marshall, Broxton) for any period of time, are the Reds in trouble?

I say yes.
    Yeah it would take one or two key injuries for this team to really fall flat. Cueto would have me the most worried since he has all but proven he is like fine china-- very fragile. I would love to think that we could just plug someone in and not miss a beat, but I just dont see that happening. Ooo well, will always love my Reds.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds&BuckeyeGuy View Post
    Yeah it would take one or two key injuries for this team to really fall flat. Cueto would have me the most worried since he has all but proven he is like fine china-- very fragile. I would love to think that we could just plug someone in and not miss a beat, but I just dont see that happening. Ooo well, will always love my Reds.
    Honestly, it's not Cueto that worries me. This staff has proven it can carry his weight. Latos is the one guy we can't lose.

I say yes.
    Most teams are in trouble if a few of their SP's go down to injury's for any significant period of time. The Reds can probably fade 1 SP injury for a bit-- like 1 month-- but if a Cueto drops and misses 10 starts and his replacement is a 5.00 ERA guy-- not good.

Bullpen will be ok, even without Marshall and Broxton for an extended period.

Our "window" is wide open. We just need to stay healthy. When healthy we are as good as anyone.

We're loaded. Our "window" is wide open. Anyone who disagrees just likes to worry.

Turn Off Ads?