Turn Off Ads?
Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football discussion thread #3

Re: SEC football discussion thread #3

Clearly, they're spending too much time focusing on academics at Vandy: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...20&src=desktop

Seriously though, I know those guys take a lot of summer school, but I can't fathom graduating in 3 years. With a degree in pre-med. While playing football.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Rules committee might pull the BS (Bielema/Saban) rule before it goes to a vote...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ittee/5874739/
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Tactless. And cheap. Just as I was done letting it go, too.

http://collegespun.com/big-ten/penn-...t-of-nashville

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Eh, don't sweat it. I seriously doubt Franklin was responsible for making his own moving arrangements. That's not how it's done in the upper 1%.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Rotoworld comments on Nick Saban's insistence that he cares about players getting hurt in up-tempo games...

"I don't care about getting blamed for this. That's part of it," Saban said. "But I do think that somebody needs to look at this very closely." Saban is referring to a proposed rule change that would force offenses to abstain from snapping for the first ten seconds of the play clock to allow the defense to substitute. "The fastball guys (up-tempo coaches) say there's no data out there, and I guess you have to use some logic," Saban said. "What's the logic? If you smoke one cigarette, do you have the same chances of getting cancer if you smoke 20?" Two things, Nick: 1.) Logically, it's safer to not play football at all, if we want to get technical about it (especially at Alabama, a school with a well-earned reputation for squeezing every ounce from its players before graduation). 2.) Whether you're right about slower-tempo being safer or not, it's best in arguments to admit your bias, as opposed to pretending that only the other side has one.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The BS rule got tabled for at least one year today, btw.

Also, the terrible targeting rule got a sensible modification. Rules committee went 2-2.

8. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-06-2014)

10. Likes:

Chip R (03-07-2014),Kingspoint (03-07-2014),RedTeamGo! (03-18-2014)

I don't see all the injuries related to up tempo games

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't see all the injuries related to up tempo games
    Are you kidding? Thousands of Bama fans have been irreparably damaged by HUNH offenses.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

WMR... Here's something I saw being passed around that related to our discussion of recruiting services from a while back...

Woody Wommack essentially admitted on Volquest today that kids who do not attend Rivals sponsored events this spring and summer will not be ranked as highly as those who do not.
    That's the major reason I tend to lean towards 247's composite ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    WMR... Here's something I saw being passed around that related to our discussion of recruiting services from a while back...

That's the major reason I tend to lean towards 247's composite ratings.
    This is also a major reason that outstanding coaches and human beings such as Gus Malzahn don't give a rip about recruiting service rankings.

It's almost like one can set their watch to it.....

http://onlineathens.com/breaking-new...heft-deception

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Kansas St as the crazy cat lady is the funniest thing I have seen in a week.

Also, the SEC version just never gets old.

The Nkemdiche brothers sound like nice fellows. Gotta love the Marshall Henderson cameo too: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...llege-football

Turn Off Ads?