Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football discussion thread #3

Yay!

Re: SEC football discussion thread #3

Vandy's seniors go out winners. 26-25 record as a class. Incredible group of young men. Jordan Matthews is a star. Going to be a couple more of those guys playing on Sundays next year too.

As to James Franklin... I certainly want him to stay. There's more work to be done and I think the young men he's recruited and have put in so much work already, deserve to play for him. But stay, go, whatever, Coach gave us three very fun years and the greatest gift of all: hope.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Likes:

jojo (01-04-2014), Revering4Blue (01-04-2014)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Vandy's seniors go out winners. 26-25 record as a class. Incredible group of young men. Jordan Matthews is a star. Going to be a couple more of those guys playing on Sundays next year too.

As to James Franklin... I certainly want him to stay. There's more work to be done and I think the young men he's recruited and have put in so much work already, deserve to play for him. But stay, go, whatever, Coach gave us three very fun years and the greatest gift of all: hope.
    Congrats to the Commodores. Crazy game. They gave up over 300 yards total offense in the 3rd qtr after giving up only 22 in the entire first half. Kudos to them for turning it around again in the 4th qtr. I'm happy for the fellows down the road (I-40) but next year we start all over again...

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Yep, enjoy it when it rolls around. They don't happen all that often. Savor each moment.
    Ain't that the truth. I'm a Kentucky fan and you see what I have. They did have a magical year in 1977. They went 10-1 but were on probation and couldn't go bowling at all. So it really had a missing piece of the puzzle. I have been looking for season like that again ever since. I am highly doubtful I will ever see it.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I'm a Kentucky fan and you see what I have. They did have a magical year in 1977. They went 10-1 but were on probation and couldn't go bowling at all. So it really had a missing piece of the puzzle. I have been looking for season like that again ever since. I am highly doubtful I will ever see it.
    I think you're closer than you realize. I'm not predicting national championship or anything, but I think Stoops is going to turn the UK program around and that they'll soon be competitive in the SEC.

7. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-06-2014), WMR (01-07-2014)

It's about on!

David vs Goliath. Working class versus NFL bling and flash.

The media and fans overwhelmingly think FSU in a landslide. Coaches on the otherhand think FSU has their hands full.

This season has been the perfect gift to Auburn fans. Tonight is just gravy. Win or lose it will be a joy to watch how Auburn responds to adversity. They've earned this chance though sweat, hard work, and heart. The story is largely written. All that remains is to see if Auburn can take down Goliath in one last BCS clash.

I Love this team. They keep getting up and getting up and getting up and getting up.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

9. Likes:

wolfboy (01-06-2014)

Best of luck to both teams. I'd call it a toss-up.

Pay attention to the open sky

3-0 FSU 5 minutes in. Of course.

Damn, should have taken the under. Still early, but it looks like it's heading that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    It's about on!

David vs Goliath. Working class versus NFL bling and flash.

The media and fans overwhelmingly think FSU in a landslide. Coaches on the otherhand think FSU has their hands full.

This season has been the perfect gift to Auburn fans. Tonight is just gravy. Win or lose it will be a joy to watch how Auburn responds to adversity. They've earned this chance though sweat, hard work, and heart. The story is largely written. All that remains is to see if Auburn can take down Goliath in one last BCS clash.

I Love this team. They keep getting up and getting up and getting up and getting up.

WAR EAGLE!!!!!!
    How in the world is auburn David?

14. Likes:

Gizmo (01-07-2014)

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    How in the world is auburn David?
    FSU was a 10 point favorite. I'm not exactly sure why. Or that it qualifies as David-Goliath. But...

WIDE open. I dunno how Malzahn does it.

That's like a 9th grade HS breakdown on coverage by F$U. Nobody on slot.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    WIDE open. I dunno how Malzahn does it.

That's like a 9th grade HS breakdown on coverage by F$U. Nobody on slot.
    You must've missed the Bengals game yesterday.

Auburn is out-tempo-ing FSU.

Pay attention to the open sky

This is abusive.

Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Auburn is out-tempo-ing FSU.
    They're kicking the crap out of them.

Turn Off Ads?