Turn Off Ads?
Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football discussion thread #3

Re: SEC football discussion thread #3

Phil was once loved, then not so much. Kiffin was loved, then not so much. Dooley was loved (for about a week), then not so much. Jones is the flavor of the month, but nothing lasts. It's the nature of fandom. Vanderbilt doesn't have an exclusive on being fickle.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Phil was once loved, then not so much. Kiffin was loved, then not so much. Dooley was loved (for about a week), then not so much. Jones is the flavor of the month, but nothing lasts. It's the nature of fandom. Vanderbilt doesn't have an exclusive on being fickle.
    Vanderbilt went from love to villian in a matter of one week. That sets it apart from many other situations

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Vanderbilt went from love to villian in a matter of one week. That sets it apart from many other situations
    Any time a coach leaves voluntarily, there can be some hurt feelings. Plenty of examples of that.

Any time a coach leaves voluntarily, there can be some hurt feelings. Plenty of examples of that.
    No question...and of the examples you gave, only Kiffin left voluntarily. The classy way to do it is the way it works at UC. First Mark Dantonio left, then Brian Kelly and finally Butch. Everytime the attitude was "we're happy for them. They went to very good programs, etc, etc". They didn't continue to rake them thru the coals months later. They hired a new coach and moved on

Given that some of the things that are alleged to have happened re: Franklin at Vanderbilt may have some long-term implications for the program, it's entirely appropriate to continue to "rake him thru the coals."

Also, your memory is sketchy on BK leaving. He burned some bridges on his way out.

Thanks for the pic of the Brazilian bombshell topless but I don't know what it has to do ith SEC football...

Thanks for the pic of the Brazilian bombshell topless but I don't know what it has to do ith SEC football...
    There's an article there with some of the well wishes Kelly got on his way out.

"He went for the money," Cincy WR Mardy Gilyard told the AP last night. "I'm fairly disgusted with the situation that they let it go for that long."

"The Tuesday before we played Pitt, he was telling us how much he loves it here, how he loves this team, how he loves coaching here and how much his family loves it here," quarterback Tony Pike said.

I dare say we could find some similar sentiment in the RZ archives.

There's an article there with some of the well wishes Kelly got on his way out.

"He went for the money," Cincy WR Mardy Gilyard told the AP last night. "I'm fairly disgusted with the situation that they let it go for that long."

"The Tuesday before we played Pitt, he was telling us how much he loves it here, how he loves this team, how he loves coaching here and how much his family loves it here," quarterback Tony Pike said.

I dare say we could find some similar sentiment in the RZ archives.
    Maybe time has clouded my memory but I still don't recall them moaning about it 4 mos later.

Maybe time has clouded my memory but I still don't recall them moaning about it 4 mos later.
    Read... I'm not "moaning" about it. Quite the opposite, in truth.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Apparently buckeye nation is freaking out over the Edwards decommitment.

They act like they're shocked which is kind of surprising because Auburn has recruited him extremely hard and doubled down their efforts after he committed to OSU. I think the only way someone who is supposedly in the know wouldnt have been out in front of this one is if he actually isn't very good at what he does.

The actual article itself is proof of delusion. Apparently the only way this couldve happened is if the dirtiest program in history paid Edwards. Pretty crappy pot shot at the student too by simultaneously calling out his character and honesty/loyalty. Once again the white knight Sir Urban and The Camelot University suffers for its righteousness apparently.

Bottom line, Edwards was never a solid commit and OSU was out worked and had a less compelling argument for why Edwards should chose them.

The writer embarrassed the buckeye board and should apologize to the student.

Concerning his implied notion that Auburn cheated, Auburn football has been sanction free for over two decades. Hey Bax, how about Ohio State?

http://auburn.247sports.com/Article/...Ledge-28236581
    Meh, I will take the more talented Erick Smith from the 2014 class. I am sure they will recruit some better safeties in the meantime - Edwards was only ranked 282nd in the nation, Smith was ranked 66th.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Meh, I will take the more talented Erick Smith from the 2014 class. I am sure they will recruit some better safeties in the meantime - Edwards was only ranked 282nd in the nation, Smith was ranked 66th.
    Edwards is a heat seeking missile and really he would be a take for most programs so having him taken wasn't a comfortable thing for Meyer. But I could see how a Buckeye fan would be perfectly content with their secondary...
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Oh yeah, secondary has been bad last couple years, no doubt. It's a loss, but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I am sure the kid is good, but he can most likely be replaced, If they had stolen a QB, D/O-lineman, or even a CB I would be upset, but its just a safety.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Oh yeah, secondary has been bad last couple years, no doubt. It's a loss, but I just don't think it's that big of a deal. I am sure the kid is good, but he can most likely be replaced, If they had stolen a QB, D/O-lineman, or even a CB I would be upset, but its just a safety.
    I think rather than attacking the kid's character and alleging that the other university cheats (both BS things to do), Bax shouldve just said, OSU lost a good one but it was clear his commitment was shaky and the kid did the right thing by decommitting because, A) he wasn't 100% and, B) doing so now gives the staff as much time as possible for plan B. Edwards could've decommitted during quiet period in December..... Bax didn't just take the low road, he made one up.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Austin Golson, a former 4 star OT is transferring from Ole Miss to Auburn where he'll walk on with the Tigers. He played in 12 games for the Rebels last season as a true freshman. He is from Prattville, AL (about an hour and a half from Auburn) and has expressed a wish to play closer to home given serious health concerns with his grandparents (which probably creates a big hardship for his parents concerning travel to Oxford). Usual transfer rules likely apply as there hasn't been any talk of a hardship waiver (he's probably looking at playing in 2015). Big pick up for Auburn but the circumstances make it difficult to feel too joyous.
    Last edited by jojo; 05-12-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Turn Off Ads?