Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football discussion thread #3

Re: SEC football discussion thread #3

The loveliest village on the plains...

https://twitter.com/NCAACathedrals/s...754752/photo/1
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Auburn reels in another as junior college 5-star RB Jovon Robinson recommitted to the Tigers this morning choosing Auburn over Bama, FSU, and USC. He really has no deficiencies in his game and is expected to step right in and be a signficant contributor. This gives the Tigers their third 5-star RB commit since Gus took over. Some might remember Jovon as the player who signed in 2012 but was ruled inelible when irregularities were found regarding one of his grades. This is a major get for the Tigers as being forced to play at Georgia Military College reopened his recruitment and this guy is for real and is one of the few guys who possesses the necesary skillset to be a true everydown back in Gus' offense (he can block, catch, run between the tackles, and has the blazing speed and break away ability to be a serious threat in open space). This guy could set records.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Does 5-star JUCO = 5-star HS recruit?

Sincere question - I did not know JUCO's got star ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Does 5-star JUCO = 5-star HS recruit?

Sincere question - I did not know JUCO's got star ratings.
    5-star is 5-star....it's relative to their likelihood of being drafted/being an impact player in the nfl. HS/JUCO doesn't really factor in to the rating that much. I think where HS/JUCO is meaningful is concerning the timetable for when they might impact your college team as a JUCO player would generally be expected to play a significant role more quickly than a HS player.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Let's get down to brass tacks.....jojo are you an Auburn fan?

Surprised jojo hasn't brought this up yet:

An Alabama recruit posted a picture of himself on Twitter with his new Corvette, prompting all kinds of responses. One response was from Alabama native and former WVU QB Pat White, who said he was so glad he turned down a Corvette to become a Mountaineer.

When Nick Saban was asked about it, his response was "kiss my ass". My thought when reading it is why would Alabama offer a Corvette to a two star recruit that wouldn't have played QB (White).
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Surprised jojo hasn't brought this up yet:

An Alabama recruit posted a picture of himself on Twitter with his new Corvette, prompting all kinds of responses. One response was from Alabama native and former WVU QB Pat White, who said he was so glad he turned down a Corvette to become a Mountaineer.

When Nick Saban was asked about it, his response was "kiss my ass". My thought when reading it is why would Alabama offer a Corvette to a two star recruit that wouldn't have played QB (White).
    Why did Mike Shula do anything that he did? Besides, Bama was in the middle of getting a near decade long beat down from Auburn. They were giving corvettes to jr high kids back then.... But this just in...Bama has a long, documented history of cheating (and being caught and spanked). It's why all you hear Bama fans want to talk about is how dirty Auburn is,,,,,, it's simply attempts to deflect from the reality....and it's a narrative that doesn't jive with history.

Say what? 'Bama cheats? Rumor has it the Tide alum are fed up with Saban and his antics. They are hoping to lure Pete Carroll away from the Seahawks to restore their image.

10. Likes:

Chip R (05-16-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Say what? 'Bama cheats? Rumor has it the Tide alum are fed up with Saban and his antics. They are hoping to lure Pete Carroll away from the Seahawks to restore their image.
    The reality of the Pat White tweet is that it's actually pretty unlikely that Shula offered White a corvette mainly because the NCAA was so up in Bama's grill about violations/compliance during that period that Bama really wasn't in a position to offer players sportscars. In other words, they were so dirty that too many eyes were on them during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    The reality of the Pat White tweet is that it's actually pretty unlikely that Shula offered White a corvette mainly because the NCAA was so up in Bama's grill about violations/compliance during that period that Bama really wasn't in a position to offer players sportscars. In other words, they were so dirty that too many eyes were on them during that time.
    I repeat, why would you offer a three star player a Corvette? I could see a top recruit nationally, but Pat White is so full of himself it's not funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I repeat, why would you offer a three star player a Corvette? I could see a top recruit nationally, but Pat White is so full of himself it's not funny.
    If a coach falls in love with a player's potential, stars don't matter. Auburn has had a run of highly touted OL commitments during the last few years. If you bump into Coach Grimes though all he talks about is a 3star they've recruited like the kid will be the next Willie Anderson. Not saying that's what White would've been as a DB for Bama just that stars really don't matter. But the NCAA was so far up in Bama's grill though during the Shula years, that I doubt Bama was shooting a crooked arrow.

It happens all the time...but it aint always corvettes.

As far as Pat White....maybe is just tired of the love 'Bama gets across the board.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Well it appears there are going to be a lot of eyes on them now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well it appears there are going to be a lot of eyes on them now as well.
    HA HA was paid last year and nothing happened. Pat White doesn't irk me as much as Saban "calling for a tougher schedule".... Bama has benefited from an easier schedule than their traditional conference roadblocks since....well, since the SEC was invented. Bama has a great PR machine.

The wheels of justice can be very slow turning and in the NCAA's case...I don't know if there is any justice at all.

As far as the scheduling in the SEC in Bama's case, I have been keeping an eye on it. It has been pewtrid.

Turn Off Ads?