Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Thread: SEC football discussion thread #3

Re: SEC football discussion thread #3

#KennyFootball

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Did the SEC network really think nobody was going to stream it online ? Server crashed 8 minutes into game and those that are getting it are getting glitch city. Epic fail.
    I watched it online and didn't have any problems.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Temple should never ever blow out an SEC team. Derek Mason may bring us the Vandy of old.
    That game showed how much of a difference a good coach makes. Vandy looks to be back in the abyss.

A&M Looked really good. If their defense can be fairly good they will be hard to beat.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    They are both inexperienced. The last game Coker started was in high school about half a decade ago. He was beat out by a freshman as a 4th year guy and couldn't beat Sims.
    Coker was only one year ahead of Winston experience-wise (RS soph vs. RS freshman). And because he couldn't transfer until after spring, he has a true freshman's worth of experience with respect to working with Alabama's offense. I still think he'll win the job before long. On the flip side, there were plenty of people around FSU who suspected the QB race last fall wasn't as close as Fisher was making it sound.

In the bigger picture, there's enough evidence accumulating from the "immediately eligible transferring quarterback" thing to know that Russell Wilson is far more exception than rule.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

We usually scripted eight to 10 plays to start the game," Saban said. "That does not count special situations such as short yardage or third down. So this is just the script we want to run. It's the way we practiced it. The players know what to expect and we've done the same thing this year, but, you know with Lane, he likes to do more plays than that.

"He's got about 15 that he wants to run and I think that's a good thing because it gives you a menu of things that you are presenting to the defense that're different that they have to adjust to so there's more multiples rather than getting into doing the same things from the same formations, which I think at times, has been a little bit of an issue with us."

That led Saban to explain one of the differences in Alabama's offensive scheme under Kiffin. It might not be as apparent to the casual viewer unless you're paying close attention.

"I think the biggest thing that's different in our offense, if we can get it executed by our quarterbacks by recognition, is we have a lot of built in run-pass deals, which aight, I hate negative plays," Saban said. "I hate running bad plays. ... I hate it on offense that we're not smart enough or don't have it planned well enough that when we know something is going give us a bad play and we can't get out of the play for whatever reason or do something to not make it a negative play."

Even on TV Saban sounded like he didn't know what to expect on Saturday from his offense.
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

I think the Ole Ball Coach torches A&M.

You are like much of the media: you greatly overrate Spurrier

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    That game showed how much of a difference a good coach makes. Vandy looks to be back in the abyss.

A&M Looked really good. If their defense can be fairly good they will be hard to beat.
    Yes, THAT'S the Vandy I know and love!

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post

You are like much of the media: you greatly overrate Spurrier
    Spurrier has three straight 11 win seasons at............South Carolina. Anyone who knows anything about college football let alone SEC football would know that is impossible to overrate.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Alabama has been the beneficiary of a few curious calls against WVU.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Alabama has been the beneficiary of a few curious calls against WVU.
    Is it an SEC crew?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

WVUs offense was a lot better than I expected. Don't know if it will be enough to keep fans happy, but Trickett was definitely airing it out
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Auburn was completely emasculating the Hogs before lightning stopped the game with them minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Hopefully the delay doesn't affect their intensity.

Auburn was completely emasculating the Hogs before lightning stopped the game with them minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Hopefully the delay doesn't affect their intensity.
    Total domination. Beilema is going to have to scratch and claw to get off of the SEC snide. Arky's schedule isn't set up well to make the case that his program is taking a step forward.

Not looking good for the Bayou Bengals tonight against Bucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Not looking good for the Bayou Bengals tonight against Bucky.
    Except Wisconsin didn't feel like playing after they got up 17. Lost a couple guys on the d line and cannot stop lsu running.

Turn Off Ads?