Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Platoon in LF for 2014?

Re: Platoon in LF for 2014?

Quote Originally Posted by No pants Mcgee View Post
    Disappointing. I wonder if he has a better offer, or isn't as healthy as walt first thought? Either way I guess I'm happy walt is exercising on the side of caution with Sizemore. No need to sign him just to make a move.
    Have to admit, was getting excited for the signing and he see what he could do. Could have been a steal for CF....but this is coming from a guy that thinks Hamilton isn't close to being everyday guy out there because of his offense.

I hope Walt still goes after another FA or makes some kind of trade for CF...

Maybe a Homer multi year signing and Arroyo signing could free us up to trade Cueto...He's not going to get #1 SP caliber return because of his injuries...which has me convinced we've seen the best of Cueto already.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Sizemore signs MLB deal with Redsox....less than 1 million guaranteed with bonuses go up to 6 million....

I'd say that 6 million was the part of it that made Walt/Bob have to quit negotiating.

So now the Reds are left hoping Alex Rios gets cut, or they could go after Granderson.

5. Likes:

BEETTLEBUG (01-22-2014)

Granderson signed with the Mets.

Quote Originally Posted by JMac84 View Post
    Granderson signed with the Mets.
    Well then it seems the Reds are going to be left with hoping for some more cuts and picking over the scrap heap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewdog View Post
    So now the Reds are left hoping Alex Rios gets cut, or they could go after Granderson.
    Why would Alex Rios get cut?

Rios makes $12.5M and hit 18 homeruns last year with 42 SBs and hit .278 with good defense. He is an elite outfielder.

Maybe you are thinking of Vernon Wells, who did get cut. I think Wells could be good as long as he isn't expected to play all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by PadsFS View Post
    Why would Alex Rios get cut?

Rios makes $12.5M and hit 18 homeruns last year with 42 SBs and hit .278 with good defense. He is an elite outfielder.

Maybe you are thinking of Vernon Wells, who did get cut. I think Wells could be good as long as he isn't expected to play all the time.
    I hate to be quibbling over semantics... but you and I have different definitions of 'elite'.

Turn Off Ads?